Cant enter brass palace in ashanti to do royal visits quest in TBL

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by mordsith, Aug 23, 2020.

1. mordsith Journeyman

royal visits quest in TBL none of my group members can enter the brass palace to do this quest. I worked on faction and have high fire faction. Is this a bug? User Error?
  2. Elyssanda Bardbrain

have you done the progression tasks to get access? you can't skip the progression.
  3. Wanuven Lorekeeper

I think my original answer is wrong. disregard
  4. Kolani Augur

Definitely an instance, you zone in through Great Sky Ocean, not across the Brass Palace zoneline. Just zoned in a 103 with zero progression.
  5. aozs Augur

If you're talking about the door in the open world zone, you would have gotten a Writ of access during the "Palace of Embers" quest. If you have that in your inventory and click on the front door, it will grant you access and key your character.

If you destroyed the writ before touching the door, you won't be able to open it. You might need to re-do "Palace of Embers" if that's the case. There's no specific quest step that tells you to touch the door so you might think it's leftover trash and destroy it.

Also note that you'll get a Writ of access to Esianti at the end of "Key to the Kingdom". Don't destroy that either, it's needed to access Esianti.
    mordsith and Duder like this.
  6. Zamiam Augur

just curious if you destroy something cant you purchase something in the marketplace to recover said item(s) ?
  7. Nadisia Augur

Yes, Token of Reclamation
  8. Filter Augur

This is for the Royal Visits mission.

OP I just did this quest over the weekend. I couldn't get the rest of my crew into the instance because I didn't do the text before doing the hand in but my main was able to so I just did it on main and will do it again later for my boxes. The other issue I'm having is I can't get through Plane of Storms so every time I need to get through I need to do a Trial. I did the progression all funky so I'm messed up.

As stated above that I needed to do the hail and the text will come up and then do the turn in. If no other toon can enter. This might be the worst place for an NPC of a quest that I have ever seen. There are mobs all over the area but you do not need to kill any of them. Shrink and get into the corner and slowly inch towards Dirgeful Ruby Blade against the wall. Do the hail and then turn in...should be done.

Here is what EQR has which I believe is incorrect but I might be wrong:

Get access to the queen of the efreeti. 0/1 (Aalishai: Palace of Embers)
    • Turn in the Windseal to Dirgeful Ruby Blade in Aalishai (as indicated by [IMG] on the map), then go through his text, you will get an instance, say 'ready' to zone in
  9. mordsith Journeyman

Awesome, yes I had deleted the writ of entry to Asanti, just recovered it and will try to use it.

Thanks!