Idea.... add a / command to see All Access days remaining?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by HoodenShuklak, Aug 22, 2020.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

Maybe this is doable?

It feels like something reasonable and helpful.

e.g. /membership = "You have 17 days remaining of All Access!"
    svann, Duder, cadres and 1 other person like this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

The problem was calculating (and updating) the days remaining, not the element displaying it. Calculating days has been proven to be an issue multiple times because of unix timestamps, leap years, time zones, etc. Showing the day account is set to renew would be a better implementation if it's something that can be reliably accessed client side.
  3. Kollin Journeyman

Could always query the actual date with the command. ie: Account membership expires on: 8/30/2020
  4. Zamiam Augur

I dont know about ya'll , but I didnt care if the days shown on my inventory page was off by a few days or even showed 0 days after I consumed a krono . what I did care about is that it gave me an approximation a general idea of when my account would revert to F2P ..

They (the Dev's) really need to implement another way for us to see our "days remaining" In-Game somehow .. they are the ones loosing money on this .. cause I dont log into my account via their website I wait now till my account reverts and sometimes I wait a few days or even a week, before I consume another krono thats 2 to 7 days they dont make any money ..

Its no skin off of me to play F2P for a week or 2 or 3 ..

Fix it = make it so ..

maybe next time you can have a poll before you remove something , they used to have those in game a poll window popped up and you could vote on it .. I bet if you had done that you would of gotten a whole lot more peeps voting to keep it than you had people complaining about it via petition or on forums .. just saying ..

and Marketplace with the SC telling you when you can claim your next 500 free only works if you have a multi month membership or lifetime ... ive been using krono for over a year now that I make in game and once you /claim the free 500 it doesnt tell you anything about your membership ..
    CatsPaws likes this.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I agree with you but I suspect there must have been a number of CS issues that made them remove it. I am at least assuming that is the reason and not that they figure folks will use more krono or renew subs when they didnt want to because its a pain to log in and check especially when you have multiple accounts.

But who knows maybe someone took them to court or 2 missing sub days and they just said screw it.
  6. FranktheBank Augur

Or just look at My allaccess in the launcher lol
    KermittheFroglok likes this.
  7. KermittheFroglok Augur

From what I gather it’s an issue of the data not getting to the client correctly for whatever reason. Only Devs know, but something complicated like that is likely the case if they went nuclear and just took it out. If it’s that bad, changing where/how the data point is displayed wouldn’t change that it’s broken.

Solutions:

1) Write down when you last consumed a Krono, add 30 days that date, problem solved. Time to do, a few seconds.

2) Log into your account and check... I timed it, only takes ONE MINUTE each account. You can do this while you patch/login around the time you think you need to renew. Super easy, someone with the patience and competency to play EQ shouldn’t have an issue logging into their accounts.

We had to track this stuff back in the day without a UI reminder, so there really is no reason to need it now. It was a convenience that was broken anyway.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Its still off. Doesn't matter where you look.

Just use a spread sheet for Aug/Sep and Oct if you use Krono or write down the bill date shown in account management and compare it on those months. It changes.

If your using a credit card the bill date never changes. It always the same date
  9. NeverPayForLag Augur

lol..difficult...really? We have 2020, not 1980...
    ... but perhaps that has to do with crashing all servers.... and with a pandemic situation.... and the climate change... (I don't want to imagine how that crude code ever worked for 20 years...) :p

ok.. enough sarcasm, but without sarcasm it seems impossible to survive the information age.

@CatsPaws: Cannot use debit - does not work with Darkpaw since years - their billing system is sometimes a mess. I always looked 2-3 days before the end of the Krono time frame at the bill in the account - annoying to log in but that was always the only reliable way. With the removal I missed completely the days but with the server crashes I lost some days anyhow. Now I simply don't spend Krono until I really want something which works only on prestige/gold - so I spare my money meanwhile.
  10. Qbert Gallifreyan

I use only prepaid debit cards, and have only done so for 10ish years.
  11. Zamiam Augur

I use my debit all the time and its a pre-paid debit card .. well I used to over a year ago i started just using Krono but thats only cause I figured if I could make enough pp in game by either farming or selling on a trader why not buy my krono in game and not use any R/L money to pay for my memberships.. so thats what ive been doing for alittle over a year now .. and I make enough pp to buy 2 krono a month with only part time playing or trading ...