Xegony down again

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Findawenye, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Findawenye Journeyman

I don't know if this has anything to do with it. I just logged my crew into Xegony and zoned back and forth between Gorowyn and Skyfire Mountains. Everything worked fine with 3 zones back and forth. I then issues the "/grouproles roleset load main" command and no roles were set. I did that several more times and also used the window interface to load a roleset. Again, nothing with set. I zoned one character back to Gorowyn and was disconnected and the server was now down.

Xegony is currently the ONLY server down after this happened.
  2. feeltheburn Augur

3. Funky Augur

oh it's real
    feeltheburn likes this.
  4. Duality Augur

BB down now too
  5. ryby2012 New Member

I'm glad all of this isn't happening on a weekend, where the playtime increases dramatically compared to weekdays. Oh, wait.
  6. Coagagin Guild house cat

Not the only one. Bristle is yo-yo-ing as well.
  7. feeltheburn Augur

not quite certain I have ever witness such ineptitude as I see with this game and its "engineers".
  8. Coagagin Guild house cat

Same as any other software. More complexity, more features, more abilities equals more bugs, memory leaks and in some cases instability. Give me 15 minutes of geeking out on the subject with the support people and we'd have a conversation that went on past a pizza and Mountain Dew session.

Not so much faulting them as much as I would rather get my "hands dirty" figuring out the problem.

- Coag
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  9. Tappin Augur

I’m sure lots of players play other online games and me as well. However, this is the only game I play that has some sort crash the weekend following an update.
  10. shroomie Elder

Most of this game is still the original code. It’s a very complex world to maintain/update. All the original programmers are long gone. It’s almost like digital archeology.