Not A Bug server locked

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by laller, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Max Swift New Member

three warnings, one at five, one at three, and one at "imminent" which seemed to not occur in those intervals. there's no way two minutes elapsed between five the three minutes warnings, and there's no way three minutes elapsed before servers came down.
  2. Thunderkiks Augur

Make a window for system messages, the shutdown message likely was spammed away.

Yeah totally agree with not camping when you see the message also if you were doing something anyway. The character I had sitting in the hall was fine getting booted lol
  3. StiTch.ed Journeyman

No, there really was no warning for some of us - check the official announcement (cannot quote directly): "All EverQuest worlds will be coming down while we address the issues that caused multiple servers to crash"

Directly before the "Locked" status, our world - Bristlebane - was classed as Down alongside a few others, then all got hit with Locked.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  4. laller Journeyman

super cool that you guys actualy respond semi fast now just wondering how come if you lock the server you cant post when you do it
  5. Tkatt New Member

who is getting excited for the next message to be about extending downtime? i know i am!
    Eteract likes this.
  6. Tkatt New Member

aaaaannnnndddddd called it
    StiTch.ed likes this.
  7. dreamweaver Community Manager

It was posted in several places. But people miss it sometimes, unfortunately this seems like one of those times.
  8. laller Journeyman

well you still get a thumbs up for fastest responce to a server crash ever in eq history! =)
  9. Molybedium I'm Lost

That double XP weekend, yeah? ;)
    StiTch.ed likes this.
  10. LylakNightangel New Member

I never got a warning. Was killing Caimens in SRo on my baby mage and bam you have been disconnected. You do a rollback that will suck because i will have lost 4 levels.
  11. StiTch.ed Journeyman

Okay, that makes for twice in one Friday evening now.

I get it. Dung happens. The people I feel worst for right now are the engineers tasked with resolving this that probably have the brownest of brown trousers.

But I think to let this go by without compensation would be unprofessional. This isn't a momentary hiccup. For those that put the evening aside to play...

I don't feel a double exp weekend would be asking too much at this point.
    Molybedium likes this.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

I still want pie. Please deliver.
  13. shroomie Elder

There were issues when the servers came online, they needed to shut them down to fix them. I am upgrading to an all access this weekend (returning player after many years--thought I would come back for a week for nostalgia but really enjoying myself). Only way to help be part of the solution is to chip in some resources, also only way to ensure EQ is still here years from now...
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  14. StiTch.ed Journeyman

If we can borrow enough gnomes for an hour or two, we could make a pie delivery catapult system I feel.

The residents of Ak'Anon are obviously not occupied right now, so I see no reason at all they shouldn't be put to this task.
  15. Elfin New Member

really.....servers up to crash ,,this is so disappointing wtf...
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

The trouble there is that gnomes have a hard time seeing over the edge of a typical pie plate. That and their unfortunate tendency towards eating all that they make.

[IMG]

All of this assumes a WORKING GAME THAT DOESN'T CRASH!!! Give the hamsters real health care. A pat on the back. Lots of pie. Something.

And I still blame Nadisia.
    Eteract and Molybedium like this.
  17. Ozadar Elder

I'm sure glad Daybreak did a server update to improved server stability. We'd be talking days of downtime if they had not. .. . . . .au contraire
    Eteract likes this.
  18. shroomie Elder

T'is the nature of IT.
  19. Ozadar Elder

And the log in server is down now. They will lucky they have it back up by Monday. Another day I wish Sony was still in charge.
    Eteract likes this.
  20. Rahz New Member

I think you forgot FV dreamweaver. Its still locked