UI player window

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zamiam, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Zamiam Augur

so I use a custom UI for the player window that shows % for health,mana,endur and experience reg and AA also merc ..

I have a new check box near my toons name but when I try to click it nothing happens ..

I read the patch notes and it shows they updated the UI playerwnd but doesnt say why ?

*** UI ***

- Corrected an issue where spell damage was only reporting to 75 feet away.
    - Fixed an issue where the task window would sometimes display 'left over' task steps from a different task.
    - Fixed an issue that was causing erratic behavior for a raid's delegated main assists, NPC markers, and master looter after a change in raid leadership. This should fix the problem where /assist main or /assist raid would stop working as expected.
    - Fixed an issue that would cause an ornament to stick to an item if it had a reward that was claimed while the ornament was in an item. Instead, you will be unable to claim the reward until the ornament has been removed. Players with a stuck ornament will need to use an Ornamentation Stripping Tool to remove the ghost ornament from their item.
    - Moved DoT damage taken by your character from the DoTs (Others) filter to the DoTs (Yours) filter.
    - Removed voice chat integration from the game.

- Changed -
    EQUI.xml
    EQUI_Animations.xml
    EQUI_DragItems.xml
    EQUI_FriendsWnd.xml
    EQUI_GroupWindow.xml
    EQUI_OptionsWindow.xml
    EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml
    EQUI_RaidWindow.xml
    EQUI_TopLevelScreens.xml
    EQUI_VoiceActionBarWnd.xml
    anyone else have this issue and know what its for ?

also I didn't know where to post this if I do not get an answer here i'll repost in veteran forums ..
  2. Riou EQResource

They removed voice chat, remove those from your UI files they will show up as blank boxes
    Zamiam likes this.
  3. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

WHAT!?

" To VICTORY ahh!"

Why remove that, it was a great feature!!

iks_f_laugh.mp3 - Yeaahhahhaaassssss!
    def_m_part.mp3 - Take Care, Fool!
    Nennius likes this.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

Streamlining things? Time left on account and this. Simplification perhaps?
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  5. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

There was an issue on one of them 'laughing', I forgot which. Hopefully they are fixing it.
    It is a really fun feature to have the /vt's

Wonder if that effects bot program players from being notified a GM is in the area or GM sent a tell.

: /
  6. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

It is probably a useless button feature of that UI piece.
    Every time there is a patch and it effects a custom UI piece, the author has to update it for that date's patch. Check EQInterface for updates on custom UI pieces and ask there.
  7. Zamiam Augur

this is a very old UI that does not get updated anymore .. ive been using it for 8 to 10 years or so and have never had a check box appear .. so I guess i'll just have to live with it or open it up and find the code where it has the voice tag and remove it ? not sure how ive never done any UI stuff before .. but doesnt hurt to try
  8. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Go here:
    https://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12
    Sign in (make an account) include a screenshot of the piece in your post. See if you can upload the UI piece ~ or ~ Open EQUI_PlayerWindow with Word, copy and paste all text in your post. (so they see the code).
    Explain, I don't know why I see this .. (edit your photo of the piece with a RED arrow showing your issue) in this piece. Say: " can anyone help me? "

It may be simple as someone saying go here: change "true" to "false".
    You never know.
    It has been a while since I was a UI author over there.
  9. Riou EQResource

It was the Vivox voice chat not the voice tell things, nobody used it past the first day because it was in game only and things like Vent, Teamspeak, Mumble, and now Discord, etc were way better and worked everywhere

Delete stuff related to this in PlayerWindow:

Code:
    <Button item="PW_VoiceVolume">
            <ScreenID>PW_VoiceVolume</ScreenID>
            <EQType>voicechat/SpeakingIndicator</EQType>
            <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition>
            <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent>
            <Style_Checkbox>false</Style_Checkbox>
            <Template>BDT_Checkbox</Template>
            <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch>
            <BottomAnchorOffset>15</BottomAnchorOffset>
            <LeftAnchorOffset>42</LeftAnchorOffset>
            <RightAnchorOffset>27</RightAnchorOffset>
            <LeftAnchorToLeft>false</LeftAnchorToLeft>
            <RightAnchorToLeft>false</RightAnchorToLeft>
        </Button>
            <Pieces>PW_VoiceVolume</Pieces>

Likely just removing code bloat that no one uses
    svann and Thunderkiks like this.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

You can do that? Anyone have a number for MS in Redmond? You are likely right of course.
  11. Zamiam Augur

I actually tried just that ..
    opened up UI_playerwindow in word and went to that exact code and deleted it .. logged in and my player window went from my normal % window back to default window .. and my merc window went back to default also ?
    so ... not sure what to do ..
  12. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I cringed when I read what he said.
    In the default there is no " PW_VoiceVolume"

How he knew that would be in yours, I don't know.

Zamiam,
    Don't listen to him.

He can't tell you what to do if he doesn't have your custom UI piece or set. You may have files related to the piece in your UI folder that can effect the piece you are trying to adjust.

Paste that code back into your player window. (Undo what you did) At least it loaded before.

If you ever mess with a UI piece, copy and paste it to a safe location so you can put it back untouched.

Do what I said, go to EQInterface and post your piece have someone look at it there. If it is not related in your piece, it is related in your 'set'.

UI pieces can refer to other files for the 'correct' appearance. If the game changed those, it can effect your piece. Your Custom UI folder may include these files that change the appearance of a piece. This is what usually is the case when patches take place.. they don't get changed in custom UI sets and cause issues.

Guessing is not an option.

You are in the wrong forums.
  13. Zamiam Augur

Oh I always make a copy of the file before I mess with it jic :p so ya I replaced it back and all is fine well back to what it was .. still have the checkbox , but will try what you said and post on eqinterface .. prolly will be few days though ..
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  14. Riou EQResource

It's not in default because they deleted it in the Patch from Wednesday to remove the Vivox chat service if you compare it to the UI from before the patch it is literally the only thing removed from Player Window

When it's on the UI it shows as a blank Box where the voice volume indicator or w/e was

So you have more custom then just the player window?

You can look in UIErrors.txt in your EQ folder if the UI fails to load and it should point you to why it failed
    Duder likes this.
  15. Zamiam Augur

yes I have the player window, merc window , pet window, actions window and possibly 1 other ..
  16. Riou EQResource

[IMG]

You're talking about this kind of Check Box, yes?

The only reason it is there is it is old Vivox chat system stuff where the voice indicator was, the only difference between these 2 is the code pasted in that Code Box in previous post

Getting rid of it only consisted of deleting the specific code in the Code Box (and not extra or not missing any)
  17. Zamiam Augur

yes the box looks like that . I still have not figured out how to post pictures on these forums otherwise id post a pic ..
    so if in my UIfiles directory i have 4 UI files named :
    EQUI_Actionswindow
    EQUI_EQmainwnd
    EQUI_Mercenarymanagewnd
    EQUI_Petinfowindow
    EQUI_ Playerwindow
    the only one out of those that I need to change is the playerwindow file , right? if so , just curious why did my merc window relapse to default and my actions window .. ?
  18. Zamiam Augur

also I dont have this line in my EQUI file

19. Riou EQResource

It loads the complete Default UI if anything in your UI pieces are broken
    It will put any errors usually in UIErrors.txt in your EQ directory when that happens, this should tell you why it failed

Yea, only PlayerWindow should need changed in those, the changes were only in its own voice chat window, Group, Raid, Friends and Player I believe

Are you talking about the EQUI.xml file? it only includes
    Code:
    <Include>EQUI_VoiceActionBarWnd.xml</Include>
    that was removed in the patch
  20. Zamiam Augur

no in the code you posted in your first post you have
    Code:
    <Button item="PW_VoiceVolume"> <ScreenID>PW_VoiceVolume</ScreenID> <EQType>voicechat/SpeakingIndicator</EQType> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent> <Style_Checkbox>false</Style_Checkbox> <Template>BDT_Checkbox</Template> <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch> <BottomAnchorOffset>15</BottomAnchorOffset> <LeftAnchorOffset>42</LeftAnchorOffset> <RightAnchorOffset>27</RightAnchorOffset> <LeftAnchorToLeft>false</LeftAnchorToLeft> <RightAnchorToLeft>false</RightAnchorToLeft> </Button>

for code to delete from my EQUI_playerwindow file .. however that line is not in my file rest of it is but not that last line .. so the txt I highlighted in green I deleted .. will try again soon as I can get back in game