Predictions World Firsts / WORLD RECORDS broken (Kunark Edition)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Prisoner, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Dominate Augur

Lol, yeah. The race for several servers now is how to farm raid lewts to sell Krono for RMT. The 135 Zerg at Trakanon is just the tool.
  2. Lionari Elder

Wrong. The human body begins to significantly fatigue after a certain period of time. Considering you need 40 - 60 raiders (in the case of Thats EQ Baby 100+ raiders) at or near max level to complete these raids. The odds that such a large number of people would be motivated to stay up for a 48+ hour non-stop grinding binge, only to raid shortly thereafter, is extremely low. If it only takes 20 - 30 hours to hit max level, players have much more gas in the tank to keep playing!

By lessening the amount of time required to hit max level, or reach near it, a significantly larger number of people are able to endure the fatigue without experiencing substantial burnout.

You absolutely cannot compare your autist-tier achievements to previous autist-tier records.

If you want these raid races to matter, play on Live where the content is new and nobody knows exactly how to complete it. At least that is a novel and admirable achievement.
  3. MHD90 Journeyman

if you need to brag about a game your life is empty
  4. Gynek Lorekeeper

The amount of people in the forums that feel they should be able to dictate what other people do or do not find enjoyment in is absolutely absurd.

"This thing doesn't matter to me, so it shouldn't matter to ANYONE"

Children.
  5. Lionari Elder

Every
    Everyone on the forum is entitled to their own opinion.

When random internet neckbeards start lording around with a false sense of superiority because they completed something absolutely lame, it should be anticipated that they will be brought down to earth by others.
    Karreck likes this.
  6. Lateryn Augur

World firsts? HAHAHA. Those were done 20 years ago.

You mean server firsts.

You could maybe do time to complete but even that is dumb. Every server has been different. Different changes, different exp rates, different expansion timers etc. It would be asinine to try and say "we were the fastest" when you were running in a completely different race.
  7. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

8. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Just for reference AoS was often doing prim raid targets with like AHR in open world with only 30 man raids. It was pretty rare outside of launch week for us to even have 50 in the raid let alone have it be full for OW targets. At one point we did OW Rathe Council with less the 20 humans in the raid and 27 total toons, was probably the most impressive EQ raid i ever attended.
    Machen likes this.
  9. Ruination Elder

I mean in all the guilds is 0-5 good players carrying average or worse players, whoever plays the most at the start wins!
  10. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I mean it took like 50 hours played to do 51-60 on Phinny leveling was still a major part of the race.

Nah it's a mixed bag. Some of the changes make it easier. Lower pick threshold is OP as for the leveling process. Not having to worry about instant Charm instant Gate. Not having to worry about some fuckboi following you around and chain dispelling your charm/mage pet. Banestrike ect. You can really only fairly compare server to server times in GoD
  11. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

Leveling is a major part of the kunark race, if you have really bad strategy.

There's only ever been two bottlenecks for kunark, which is Trak and AJ.
    Phinny had not only a broken trak when kunark launched that was basically a non-motm trak, but you also were able spawn picks and keep 1 person in it so that it stayed up permanently, resulting in far more picks (especially in FV).

I'll also take a pair of your rose colored glasses.
  12. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

Let's be real here and just admit Twisted Legion are the true champs.
  13. Machen New Member

No it wasn't. Trakanon died on the first day on Phinny, shortly after VS with most people in raid being still level 51. Keys were a bigger limiter than levels.
  14. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

Trak on phinny kunark launch was basically a non-motm trak. it was bugged. so it was easily killed. guilds were able to mass split it in the first week.
  15. Machen New Member

(Edit: Just to be clear, all the below applies to Phinny Kunark Launch only. Levels ARE a limiting factor on later servers, especially Aradune/Rizlona.)

Yep, I know, I was there. But you missed the point. Level 60 wasn't the critical limiting factor. Guilds were never stopped in their tracks by lack of levels. Trak was easy, but there were still not many teeth dropping, and the rest of the VP key was also still a huge pita (especially the ground spawns).... so guilds had to wait through batphoning Trakanon for a week + a second round of aocs, plus a week of farming VP key pieces, before they had enough VP flagged toons to finish the expansion. By the time they got everything else done, the levels weren't an issue. There weren't a whole lot of <60's in the first VP clear.
  16. Rizlowned Lorekeeper

i think the problem is that these people want to be congratulated, but the only people who care are the ones that signed up... the attrition of this player-base has been ongoing every year. unfortunately for them, they seek recognition outside of their echo chamber and the struggle they have in this thread really shows their desire for validation. i think it's cool they are being competitive and trying to do it faster and more organized better than ever... but it would be even cooler if they didn't think they are so great because they can learn from 21 years of experience. don't be "that guy". that's life baby.
  17. Machen New Member

We have more people playing on the TLP's right now than ever before. Each server faces attrition, but overall player-base attrition is not happening.
  18. Rizlowned Lorekeeper

"this" player-base
  19. Machen New Member

So "which" player base are you talking about then? You can't be referring to either of the current new TLP's specifically since they haven't been around for a year. What's your next referrent?
  20. Rizlowned Lorekeeper

as in the ones who experienced every tlp so passionately and are bickering like a bunch of losers about mundane nonsense on the forums ... "that" player base