Can we change monthly patch to Mondays?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tappin, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Tappin Augur

That way all this nonsense happens on Wednesday and not on the weekend.
    Fenthen and Molybedium like this.
  2. Sissruukk Rogue One

I can support this idea. My schedule just changed to where I work Wed. evenings, so this would be ideal for my schedule.
  3. Geko Elder

I would be against this, Wednesday is nice as many people have real life events on Wednesday nights. If they mess up the patch, its nice not being at home for the fix.
  4. German Augur

In most IT places, Wednesday is the ideal patch day.
    Yinla and Molybedium like this.
  5. Annastasya Augur

How about we move the beginning of the patch to 12:00 AM PST whichever day it is on, so that the least number of players are inconvenienced by it?
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

It makes me chuckle to imagine a lead IT developer in a DPG office being told by their boss to change the patch day because somebody on ForumQuest thinks it would be a good idea.
  7. dreamweaver Community Manager

In this case, correlation does not equal causation. But I understand why it seems that way. It's unlikely that the patch day will move.
    Duder, Skuz and Elyssanda like this.
  8. feeltheburn Augur

perhaps have a patch day that doesn't acutally break anything further? just sayin.
  9. Tappin Augur

Almost every major crash this year has happened on a weekend.
    Leex likes this.
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

VETO on the weekends those are my best selling days as alot of people just seem to play on the weekends!

Andarriel
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Its not the weekend yet though?

Andarriel
  12. seber Augur

I vote no mass up a lot raid nights ever one
    Yinla likes this.
  13. Tappin Augur

Weekend starts Friday night...
  14. svann Augur

If you do move patch day do it Tuesday. Everyone knows monday is bad news since people are wrecked from the weekend.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Many of us work weekends and have days during the week off so it doesn't matter when they do it - like the old saying
    “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
  16. Tappin Augur

I have a theory - The test server isn’t great place to test a patch and my guess is Thursday isn’t a great day for volume and volume is a key for testing.
  17. Tappin Augur

Another weekend ruined.
    Fenthen likes this.
  18. Flatchy Court Jester

Get on that Honey do list, or go fishing lol. Yeah I was pissed too but I just look at it as its time to go do some other stuff!
    Duder and Nadisia like this.