2-Group Content Kunark

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lionari, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Lionari Elder

The most entertaining aspect of Everquest for me is completing content with the lowest numbers as possible.

Can we get some discussion going regarding what spawns (which drop valuable and useful items) can be conquered with two full groups in Kunark?

I seen there was another thread on the same topic, except the focus there was single group content.

For example, apparently in Kunark it is possible to farm Naggy and Vox with a single group assuming optimal group composition. What other targets are possible — but with two groups?

Appreciate all responses!

Feel free to share stories of epicly failing when attempting to complete certain content with two groups, while explaining what went wrong!
  2. Healiez Augur

Honestly there isnt a whole lot of content that you cant do with one group that 2 groups will suddenly let you do it. Maybe push a little farther into PoSky? Fear Golems maybe with a cleric epic and a second taunter.

All kunark content is crazy tuned that I doubt you will be 2 grouping any of it, maybe the open world dragons with a very geared team but even that would require a lot to go right.. Velious has some, Luclin for sure does.
    Lionari likes this.
  3. Lionari Elder

What is the minimal amount of players required to reach that next threshold for killing a higher tier of encounters then?
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

It's mostly, at this point, because the options are limited.

Not only does classic not have a lot of raid content, but it's also very poor gear. POSky might have some items that last a while, but it's an absolute slog coupled with bad RNG (that made early EQ amazing).

Once you hit Velious options start to open up when it comes to backfarming content. But right now? Honestly the most lucrative hits are going to be Dragons for haste items. COF will sell well even into POP. AoN's are another big ticket item that are just amazing when coupled with the illusion keyring. I'm not sure that goes away even at live, at least I still use it at level 100. Selling loot rights to Planar gear might be a good bet, but then you don't really need 2 groups.
  5. Healiez Augur

You could probly do OW dragons (sev, tal, gore) with 18. Maybe venril sathir but he is a beater. I bet you could do inny and CT with 18, hell maybe even with 12 but you would need to be on top of the taunt and rez game. You could probly clear all of sky with 18 too, but again, your taunt game would have to be strong.

Trakanon on the other hand..... If anyone 24 manned him in kunark I would be really impressed.... That lizard is insanely overtuned. Unless he was changed he quads for 1800 and his AoE shreds anyone it hits.

On Selo I think we took 20ish VT/SSra geared players down there in luclin and got a lesson in humility REALLY quick, that could also be because we thought we were just going to stroll in there and pop a dragon. Next time we brought 30ish and took it seriously and he died somewhat easy, but was still a tough fight.

Come velious on the other hand....

I could see vindi, statue, zland, kland for sure. Sleeper tomb up to warders. Maybe even warders, they are wussies, Velketor, lord freetimonk, Yelinak, Possibly doze, possibly dain, pretty much every WW dragon except sonty. Those could all be done with a solid 12 man.

Luclin- Rhag1, Rhag2, creator, THO, itriar Vius, Va'dyn, all of umbral plains, evolved burrower, grieg, Possibly blood of ssra and Seru (Did Seru with 6 in PoP, so not sure about luclin) could be handled with 12 sure there is something im forgetting, could add in dain and tormax from velious.
    Lionari likes this.
  6. Machen New Member

I'm pretty sure you could do inny with a single group, with at least 2-3 epic clerics and 2 tanks. If not six then certainly 8 toons... Add a shaman for slow and his melee output is trivial. Keep up with rezzing the dt's and you will get there eventually.
    Lionari likes this.
  7. Wengi Journeyman

It's too bad you can't just deathblow everything, right?
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

Small manning (old) content is one of the funnest and dare I say only challenging aspects of modern eq.