New Patch Ruined Custom UI Skins

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Azurefrost, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Leigo You come here often?

I do keep the UI available on eqinterface.com as normal and I even have a handy discord with updates, bug reports and support(info available on DL page for sparxx). All updates are available patch week. Up as early as Sunday, but always available by patch day (Wednesday)
  2. TLP Addict Augur

I can think of 3 options off the top of my head that OP could have taken.
    1. Use default and wait until your custom UI gets updated.
    2. Fix the UI yourself
    3. Use another UI that has been updated.
    Making a thread on the forums to complain about didn't really come to mind as a sensible option.
    Duder and Nennius like this.
  3. Honkietonk Lorekeeper

yeah dbg while you're at it can you make it so SEQ auto-updates itself for me, i hate having to change my offsets every time you patch the game
  4. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

1. The UI I use hasn't been updated since 2012.
    2. Have not found a working link to an XML tutorial. If you have one, share please.
    3. Yeah most everything out there is just way too busy, I just want a little more info than the default UI provides.

At least somebody posted something useful about how to fix files. When I get home, I will give it go.
  5. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

And thanks to the very helpful advice from tweakfour17, I was able to fix it myself in only a few minutes. Not that I understand the language, but he showed me what to cut out of the file.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

Thanks, happy I was able to help! Like you said, there aren't really any good guides for editing the UI (that I've found) so it becomes a bit of trial and error until you sorta know what to expect.
    Doranur_Aleguzzler likes this.
  7. Kiaro Augur

So complaining here and arguing with someone about it, was easier than literally checking the eqinterface page and seeing the dates on the files? (8/17 was when they were uploaded, reuploaded 8/20)
    Nennius likes this.
  8. Lineater Augur

Are you really that bad at reading?

Try again maybe? Stand up, do a lap, drink some coffee, then come back and take another run at this thread?
  9. Kiaro Augur

My apologies apparently I am before Coffee #2!
  10. Lineater Augur

Sorry I came off grouchy. :D I am over this thread as I'm sure everyone else is.
  11. Machen New Member

Doranur_Aleguzzler likes this.
  12. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

13. Corydon Augur

This. I run my self-made UI and I just needed to remove said references from EQUI_Options xml file.