What I don't want from my gaming

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ranger Dave, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Ranger Dave Lorekeeper

Why I have no interest in raids and don't even group anymore.
    Miss_Jackie, KarmaKitty and Derka like this.
  2. Sissruukk Rogue One

I still enjoy grouping, but stopped raiding seriously a long time ago because it felt like I was coming home to another job. And being yelled at by someone half my age the entire time over pixels on a screen doesn't sit well with me.
  3. Cicelee Augur

I agree. Why even bother playing with others in a MMO?

O that is right, because it is a MMO. My bad.
    Veteran_BetaTester, Duder and Dibab like this.
  4. Dibab Augur

so you have completely removed yourself from basically all social aspects? I dont see the point in your post. You are trashing 2 of the major core parts of everquest.
  5. Duder Augur

He's an autofire ranger, duhhhh! If he cant sit in the backround with just autofire going and collect loot for others' hard work then he aint interested!
    Dibab likes this.
  6. Monkman Augur

Not all raid leaders yell/berate their guild members. Just sayin’
    Funky, Gyurika Godofwar, Skuz and 2 others like this.
  7. Mikana Augur

How else are the peons supposed to know their place? ;)
    Miss_Jackie and Annastasya like this.
  8. Moege Augur

Agreed.
    Substantially more effective is hearing the raid leader saying in a disappointed voice tinged with fatigue "I cannot believe you just did that."
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Dont blame you i lost interest in gaming way back in pop days although ldon i loved as i could get groups within minutes. but just got tired of getting to group and 15 mins later they disbanded. Thank god for mercs or i prob wouldnt be playing this game. I dont care for raiding just not my thing and there are times i wish this was a offline game. bout the only thing i do achievements and baz trader but i still enjoy eq just different than the rest of people.

Andarriel
    Ranger Dave likes this.
  10. Dibab Augur

ah yea my bad man didnt think of that
    Duder likes this.
  11. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Just if no one said this.. WHO CARES!

: )
    Viper1 likes this.
  12. Ranger Dave Lorekeeper

I play in an MMO because I still enjoy many of the interactions I have with other people. Pleasant conversations, trading and such are still enjoyable. I also buy and sell in the Bazaar. The presence of other real people in the world adds a dimension to the game that I miss when playing single player games even though I like adventuring solo.

Ranger Dave
  13. Ranger Dave Lorekeeper

There are many other social aspects to the game besides grouping and raiding. I don't know how you can miss the point of my post, even if you disagree with it.

Ranger Dave
  14. Ranger Dave Lorekeeper

That's true. Maybe I've just been unlucky in my experiences. Not all have been bad, but it doesn't take many to sour the experience. I quit the game 12 years ago for that reason. I just couldn't find the joy in it anymore. I only returned 2 years ago because it was free to play so I figured I'd try it again. I discovered that the mercs allowed me to play solo, or molo as I've heard it called, more effectively so I upgraded to a payed account to put a trader up in the bazaar.
    I do truly enjoy the challenge of solo play. Trying to develop tactics and strategies in different situations with your limited resources is fun. Although I do die all too frequently, death isn't what it used to be.

Warmest regards,
    Ranger Dave
  15. Ranger Dave Lorekeeper

I actually prefer toe to toe melee to autofire at a distance, and, while I do play a ranger, he is not my only character. I also play a shaman, a druid, an enchanter, and a cleric. The cleric is proving to be quite a challenge however.
    Since none of these characters have ever grouped, let alone raided, Your assumptions concerning my play style are asinine.

Ranger Dave
  16. Leex Pewpewer

Ranger Davie,

I would encourage you to try to go outside of your comfort zone and actually participate in grouping and raiding, both are very different than from when you were probably doing so.

The issue you're experiencing with groups can be mitigated through joining a guild, most guildies don't join and leave a group within 15 minutes. I've had many, many hours of grinding and enjoyment with my guildies. It's when you start to group with general chat people, that you may have some interesting experiences.

As for raiding, most servers have open raids sometime during the week, I really think you should give them another shot. You're talking about how you dislike something from, eons ago. The raid game now is pretty fun, a little casual ( ToV is very easy to raid ) and you get to experience something you paid for but probably haven't been able to enjoy, maybe ever?

Everquest has ALWAYS been about how you can work together with other individuals to conquer something amazing.
    Skuz, Dibab and Ranger Dave like this.
  17. Ranger Dave Lorekeeper

Not you apparently. So why would you even bother to respond?
  18. German Augur

There are a few servers with open raids, give one a try you might find that the game isn't the grind it used to be.

Some guilds try and recruit saying the high end guilds are a "job" or a "chore" which is another incorrect statement. Lots of labels that don't apply anymore, and ironically the top guilds raid less than the casual guilds do, usually done in 3 hours and putting their teeth in the fixadent at 9:30 Eastern without any yelling or berating. Sure there is teasing and what not, but berating? Nah, we've grown up quite a bit as a player base.

Now if you want to see the toxicity in the game, just join general chat.
    Moege and Ranger Dave like this.
  19. Ranger Dave Lorekeeper

Leex,

Your points are well considered and well made. You have given me food for thought and I think I will give it a try. What's the worst that can happen? If I don't like it I can always go back to solo play.

Thank you,
    Ranger dave
    Leex likes this.
  20. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I was just being funny Dave.. : )

And one thing you have to know here is, players will BASH you if you say .. it isn't fair, I want to quit.
    It is a magnet to say ''there's the door, can I have your stuff''.

I don't agree with those replies. I have quit accounts many times .. even deleted them. Years of game play POOF! C'Yah!

So I know if you got an issue, we all have been there really. Its the 'a hole' warriors that are MEAN AS !$@k!
    jk (the SK's really@@ and trolls that sit on toilets reading the paper!)
    .. and those that like stupid posts! YEAH YOU!
    :)

There are teams of players that are users, cheaters, krono and plat farmers that want to buy friends etc.
    These players really make the game not fun. The game has changed since years ago of the kind ways.
    You have to find those people. They are there. Never give in to the idiots.

Just have patients for people they have lives, dogs and cats walking on the desk, eating food on the counter, babies crying, kids shooting the neighbor with a bb gun they have to jump to. Stuff like that.

Today it took me 25 mins to get to options to advanced button with a player. Oh well, have patients :)

I used to be the snappy type, I knew my class and used to tell my class members how to play to be better. That became a bad idea. It is hard to get the best to give you advice, but if you don't socialize you won't have that option to speak with someone to explain your class, how to do a task.

If you get bored, hunt down the newbs and buff them help them.. it will turn your game play.
    Conversation gives friendship and groups .

Sorry for my bad post earlier, I was only kidding around Dave.
    Ranger Dave likes this.