Different Classes getting different AA exp gain?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Soulold, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Soulold New Member

Curious if anyone else has observed this:

I am on FV and I have a group with a merc a SK and a Zerker.

The SK and zerker are both 110 and the SK has more total AA assigned. The SK is getting more AA experience per kill (.35 of an AA vs .46 of an AA on a dark blue).

I have relogged them both multiple times and have triple checked that they are both set to 100% AA

Am i missing something?
  2. Riou EQResource

You are possibly killing in a zone that has EXP reduction applied, Pullers bypass this (as a Bug)
    Sancus likes this.
  3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Probably.

Need to know what zone(s) and if one or the other is primary puller. Also should make sure neither has Fellowship xp sharing on.

Best guess is you are in a zone that is lowering xp based upon your level ... and the SK is pulling primarily and therefore immune to the lowering.
  4. Soulold New Member

I am fighting in Frontier Mountains

I also test another scenario by grouping with a mage and then having the mage kill while the SK and Zerker sit idle (the SK still got more AA exp)
  5. Jalelorf Augur

Is the mage pulling or the SK? Pullers get more exp for some reason.
  6. Soulold New Member

The mage was pulling... the SK and the Zerker just sat there.... and the SK still got 0.46 of an AA vs the 0.35 for the zerker
  7. Derka Power Ranger

Which class has the merc out? In the way you worded the first post your group is a merc, a sk and a zerker.
  8. Soulold New Member

The mage was part of the group the whole time I just didn't mention him in the first post because he is level 106 so it was not an apples to apples comparison like the SK and Zerker are.

The Zerker has the merc (but I also unsummoned the merc and the test results were the same)

To throw a wrench in the experiment....I had the Zerker solo kill a mob with no help from the mage or SK and in that case the Zerker got almost twice the AA of the SK.
  9. Derka Power Ranger

Do you assign roles to your characters to control mercs? There is usually a thread once a month about the exp disparity in FM and it seems to end in the person that pulls getting the most exp(attacks the mob first). Also idle characters have been known to receive less exp versus someone who attacks.
  10. Soulold New Member

I don't assign roles.

Sounds like this is just a FM thing? Maybe I should test in another zone.
  11. smash Augur

This has been mentioned in a lot of threads, i will bed you can find 1 within first 5 pages.

Comes from eok zones. Just do in sw and you see same
  12. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I am wondering if because the Zerker HAD the merc out, that it set an exp plan that stayed even after the Merc was suspended.
    Wonder if you zoned out and in, things would change % wise.
  13. nildiar Lorekeeper

i noticed this a few weeks back, my mage gets almost 1.5 more aa than chanter does mage has merc out chanter merc or no merc big diff in gain between and yes mage is set puller