Idea for you to poop on

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Evye, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Sissruukk Rogue One

What would the threshold be for this? How would you keep legitimate groups who happen to have a lot of free time on their hands or are efficient at killing mobs from getting "swept?" I mean, it sounds like a cool idea, it would just have to have a high threshold to avoid legitimate players.
  2. Buster_Shruggs Augur

I bet the Devs who liked this idea are gone along with the Old Forum boards...

[IMG]
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Rasheer used to put sweeper mobs on zones, Walls of Slaughter, Hive etc. But he is long gone.

Would be nice to bring them back, just have them as optional for hunters. :)
  4. Buster_Shruggs Augur

Oh wow, what?! Do you have an example of one of those sweeper mobs?
    I recall seeing raid level mobs freely roaming and rampaging in another MMO, but nothing similar to that in EQ. Maybe, during Pre-HoT release I recall (HoT) named mobs spawning in old Feerot. Also, iirc wasn't Tirranun, the lava dragon roaming around in Lava Storm right before DoN release?
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Shadowhunter in WoS
    Discordling Warfiend in WoS

Both were undercons and needed cooperation from other groups in the zone to kill it when it apeared when the expansion was current.

Can't think of the name of the one in the hive and my mind is getting old, but I don't recall there being others. Though I think there is a bear in a zone somewhere that liked to show up when you least expected it.
    Buster_Shruggs likes this.
  6. Buster_Shruggs Augur

Ah ok, I do remember getting smashed by both those WoS mobs back when OoW was current. The Hive Mob is a drachnid that wanders around some and resides in the cocoon tower leading to DS zone in and I am thinking the bear is the Mama Bear in OceanGreen?
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

:eek:
  8. Mikana Augur

Bear is the Brown Bear Denmother in Oceangreen Hills? Remember that just popping in and running straight towards me :)
    Velisaris_MS and Yinla like this.
  9. Evye Augur

Thanks for helping me develop the idea!
    I had not spent anytime refining it i wanted more feedback from other players.
    Your idea had me thinking.... like that old SOD mission where mobs come at you murdocks last stand? maybe something like that...

A survival instance mission where they come in waves. Each wave has adds one mob. your group plays until you guys die. every 5 waves a boss perhaps.
    Would be a perfect anniversary mission because there doesn't have to be an upper limit. Would still be relevant for a leader board 10 years from now.
  10. Evye Augur

Very fair point! So the scaling mechanic is already out there...
  11. Razorfall Augur

12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They have already done this with the champion instance in Freeport (something makes me want to say East). Didn't have a leaderboard though

It lasted a few years, it got old extremely fast.
  13. Grove Augur

It hardly seems fair to disrupt the status quo for such things as the dervish camp, Name camps, tradeskill component camps with a "champion". But another example of the "champion" is the "KFC" camp in South Karana I think. Note however, I am not accepting the "bot" behavior.
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

I hate that bear SOOOOOOOOO much! When OGH was a hotzone, that mob made it a nightmare to do the task.
  15. Windance Augur

Sleeper 2020 - Awakens and rampaged through out ToV/ToV2 randomly DT's people until all PC's in every ToV zone is dead or fled ... YES!