DEV can we please look in to Ancient Cyclops spawn rate

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pharone, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Wengi Journeyman

Erg Bluntbruiser was definitely the worst in this zone. Looking at gamparse, not counting terrorantula kills I have over 800 phs killed over two days. Was very satisfying having him spawn and not having him die to a spider. Hatar was only a 3 hour camp and lockjaw is easy. Ac was by far the easiest once you narrow down the ph. It always spawns north of the wiz spire and south of the highway. AC popped in the same spot every time he spawned, NE corner of original sro or southern part of the current sro.
  2. Machen New Member

No, it didn't. For scarcity to be out the window, we would have to have to more things that dynamic instances. 1) Dynamic instances without any challenging content (we are close there), and 2) Dynamic instances without any replay timer (not even close there with raid lockouts...)
  3. Bullsnooze Augur

I'm not really sure where you are going with these points, but there's nothing challenging about classic EverQuest. Moreover, raid lockouts are more of a small hindrance for players since you can just fraction your raid force to capitalize on double, triple, or even quadruple weekly loot gains. Again, the whole scarcity argument isn't a thing anymore since introducing instances (from my experience).
  4. Machen New Member

And yet there is still scarcity. You still have to show up to get the loot. You can't show up to the same raid every day of the week. The raids themselves take time, which adds to the scarcity of loot. Sure the fights aren't challenging, particularly, but you can't just three box them with mage pets like you used to be able to do with vox/naggy.

Players always think they want less scarcity, more loot for less work, but if all that were to actually change and people were just handed everything for logging in, no one would log in.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

You raise an interesting point that most people who come to the forums seem to miss, yeah it sucks that everything is camped all the time, but if it weren't and you could just show up, get the loot and go, you'd get bored so quick because there'd be nothing to do. For example, play on a "dead" server, everything you want is up and you have free reign to solo AC as a warrior or camp GEBs etc, but it just feels bland. Without effort there is no point. Like it or not, showing up, having to wait or compete for drops, constantly looking over your shoulder for that necro box team is part of the excitement now (maybe it always has been to some degree, regardless of the rose tinted nostalgia). Overcoming challenges and winning the kill/loot is part of the reason we all keep coming back, whether you want to admit it or not lol
  6. Wengi Journeyman

EQ in the early expansions is a grouping/questing game, it's not a raid oriented game at all. It's odd to see people come to the forums and complain about having to put effort into things outside raids. Raids are a joke and you don't have to have a single piece of raid gear to really do anything in the first two expansions. It's baffling to see people on TLP's that just raid when EQ doesn't become a raid oriented game until PoP and later.
    Rizlowned likes this.
  7. Sturmx Lorekeeper

Took 6 hours to get one to spawn while clearing the entire island when it was double named or whatever. I would say it definitely needs looked at.
  8. Kiaro Augur

Oh 6 hours for a rare..
    You understand that this is Everquest and not World of Freeloot right?
    Thewiz likes this.
  9. Sturmx Lorekeeper

When every mob on that island is a PH, constantly dead, and its an event weekend with double named spawns. Something is not happening correctly. I did not complain about the time it took.. Only stated how long it took etc on an event weekend. Nice rush to condemn everything. Hopefully I see you on that island one day ;)
  10. Machen New Member

You had bad RNG luck most likely. I've never seen it spawn that infrequently, including in the last month, but anyone who has played this game for any length of time sooner or later has bad luck on a stretch of spawns. You can't conclude something is not happening correctly on the basis of one six hour stretch.
  11. Sturmx Lorekeeper

Oh I understand. That was just the last ring I needed to get for my group. It took much longer than that for all of their rings.
  12. Kiaro Augur

I have Jboots on my 2 characters, got em while leveling, IDK, maybe its you.