Caster weapon spell proc augs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by millaa, Jan 8, 2019.

1. millaa Journeyman

Should I still be using this from TDS, or am I missing something? It seems these were not upgraded.

[IMG]
  2. Ecchicon Elder

There are new versions in TBL, but they require a somewhat hard-to-get achievement.
  3. millaa Journeyman

Ok, thanks. Next question: I seem to remember having multiple spell procs diminishes based on number.. for example, I remember having 2 different spell procs was good, but the proc chance increase goes way down with a 3rd and 4th, so having a spell proc Aug in secondary may not be as good as say the secondary Aug linked below. Does that sound correct or am I off-base?

[IMG]
  4. Derka Power Ranger

They made a change back in 2015 this was about proc stacking:
    Previously, any spell proc or melee proc could only fire once per round, regardless of the total chance for those procs to occur, and regardless of the number of effects that were present. This meant that in many cases, adding several procs could reduce the overall chance for the most desirable proc to fire.

Now both spell procs and melee procs are rolled independently, and multiple effects can be triggered at once. This means that you can freely add as many lines of proc spells as you like and all of them have their individual chances to fire. A single melee swing can trigger both a weapon proc and a Spirit of the Puma proc. A single spell can trigger a Sympathetic Burst and a Sympathetic Alleviating Burst.

Reference https://www.everquest.com/news/july-patch-cliff-notes
    Fanra and Duder like this.
  5. millaa Journeyman

Sweet :D thanks!
  6. quseio Augur

ok im going to necro rez this topic anyone got a handy list of spell proc augs .. modern ones not old obsolete junk
  7. Tour Augur

8. quseio Augur

super thanks
  9. Jumbur Improved Familiar

kinda off-topic, but whenever I try to access "raidloot.com" ,I get NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID
    but "www.raidloot.com" works fine....:confused:
  10. Cicelee Augur

I still use the aug listed in the OP :(
  11. Yendar Augur

The augs you want to be using nowadays are the Curio of Ondine Force that can be converted after you finish TBL challenger and/or the Upgraded one this expansion that’s converted from the gem of devastation after TOV challenger are completed.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Gem of Devastation is based on Ice resists so not great for this expansion, the same as fire procs were aweful last expansion.
  13. Cicelee Augur

While I cannot see if my ice procs get resisted a lot or not, I will say that I see them land a LOT on TOV mobs.

Obviously Sancus and Kizant data is much more factual and relevant than me saying a LOT, but I think it lands enough to be considered viable and usable in current content...
    Sancus likes this.
  14. Cicelee Augur

For me, I am going to skip the Curio and just wait for whatever the next expansioj brings. No desire to spend hours at a camp on a named i cannot solo due to adds, only to replace it in a couple months. Rather use that time elsewhere.

Besides I don't really know how much better Curio is compared to bone marrow. It is most likely insignificant over the course of time...
  15. RPoo Augur

I'm not the best at math but seems to me curio @ 1: Decrease Current HP by 10440
    is ten times more damage than bonemarrow @ 1: Decrease Current HP by 1050
    I checked to see if I have any procs that low to compare to but no they're all above 3600
  16. svann Augur

Its not so much that camp for me (for shirak my alt) but the idea of getting groups to do every achievement in TBL. You can get the ToV one quicker just because people still do the content.
  17. Rumstil Lorekeeper

Thanks. Hopefully the certificate is fixed now. I wasn't aware of that since i always use the www version.
    Jumbur likes this.
  18. Cicelee Augur

I have the TOV one. And Bone Marrow. I just don't know if I want to try and drag someone along for a camp for an aug that is probably being replaced next expansion. And I have all the achievements, just not the drop.

Now if next expansioj does not have an upgrade, then I will camp Curio and go Curio/Devastation combo...
  19. Sancus Augur

Unfortunately after they made damage procs scale based on item level, you can't take the data in spell parsers at face value.

The proc on Elemental Curio of Ondine Force is actually 2160. This is calculated by multiplying the Base1 value of Spike of Corruption (-90) by the item level (23) + 1:

[IMG]
    RPoo, Cicelee, Scornfire and 4 others like this.
  20. Riou EQResource

I think Raidloot has this for non procs augs, EQResource has the values for these on the Item page side for weapons + proc augs

The aug in question
    https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=129947
    "Focus: Sympathetic Spike of Corruption, Level: 23, DD: 2160"

Raidloot shows it on Weapons it looks, but not augs (at least the Symp Proc ones) for example:
    https://www.raidloot.com/items/164151

But yea as Sancus says if you just look at the Spell side it shows it relative to Max Level when these use Item Level (some seem to use player level maybe if its not tied to an item) for their calc, they could probably be updated to give extra post line text like an added (Scales to Player or Item Level) on the Spell side, so for these it's better to look on the Item side
    RPoo likes this.