Changes to the Necromancer Epic 2.0 in the August 2020 Update

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Aristo, Aug 11, 2020.

1. RPoo Augur

I feel like your epic should be a choice you can still use or use something current, like the choice between current belts and boramas belt. Edit: Runed Belt of Boromas. I should look stuff up before posting =P
  2. Corydon Augur

So much whine... :rolleyes:
  3. Kase Augur

It shows how a solo class will have a very difficult time playing. Necro's arent needed in groups... they need to be able to solo and this change won't help. So be it the epic is overpowering in raids very few dispute that.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Do people seriously ban necros from their groups? :confused:

"it's not you, it's your class", is not something I hear in EQ very often... Im betting most players just group with friends/guildies(even necros), and fill the necessary spots with alts/mercs if needed.

Admitted! im not a necro, but I honestly haven't noticed any deliberate discrimination against necros...:eek:
    Duder and Skuz like this.
  5. Kase Augur

LoL not discrimination... necros need time to kill a mob and a group now a days has the mob dead before 2nd dot lands. Thats the point of me mentioning necros are a solo class. Sure you can get a group but you do little to help. And Im a new necro(never rolled 1 in all these years) as I just rolled one very recently but I already can tell this change will be an issue for the casual necro player.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

One of my EQ friends is a necro, and I group with him often, his pet is a better tank than my merc, and his dps is decent too. It is not my impression that his class choice, is holding the group back in any way...
    Vumad and Skuz like this.
  7. Lurikeen Journeyman

I've played a necro as my main since 2001. I've played in groups, raid guilds, soloed and now molo for the most part. I have always been able to get groups, but other classes will get a slot before my necro. And, I have played other classes and know this from experience. My preference is to molo. It is limiting as far as seeing content goes, but I get satisfaction from seeing how far I can push my necro. What can I kill with my necro that most think needs a group to kill? That is how I play. I will adapt to this nerf as I always have. Doesn't mean I like it, but where there's a necro there's a way. :)
  8. Drunkenlion55u New Member

as a necro I can tell you, this change isn't as horrible as you make it seem, its not much a nerf when necro just got a huge boost. Can do much more in a group than you also seem to make out also
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Kase Augur

Hope your right but this necro I rolled is only 96 so hoping it will all work out.
  10. MaddielynBlackStar Lorekeeper

Just make epics augs and increase to progression or certain requirements to 'improve them. Been saying this for quite some time now. They don't have to create a WHOLE NEW epic long quest, just make them convertable into augs, add some requires to 'claim' them into the next level, like 'finish progression' for each expansion past oow yeah it would suck and be a grind but wouldn't take any effort on Darkpaw, would resolve a lot of this issue and arguement, and make older 'useless' epics usable again, scale the clicky for respected epics, grant a class with a % buff on some form with their epic clicks may not see a benefit from the increase but making the stats on the aug substional and class specific would be well worth it. And yes adding augs that have clicky to equipment DOES WORK, been proven ages ago in several private places. Player based has been screaming for epics for years and DBG/SOE/DARKPAW whatever banner you wave you haven't given any logical or truly agrueable defense on not listening to literally 100% of your players on this. Now there are options that even lazy coders can do relatively easy without much effort.
    Main Point:
    Turn epics into augs
    Make them improve based on set conditions. (We have this already with several items now not hard to add...)
    Adds more time to keep the bored min/maxer busy going back and doing old content :p
    You get respect points by fairly sure at MINIMUM 99% of all of your player base.
    Kase likes this.
  11. MaddielynBlackStar Lorekeeper

Option B:
    Turn epics into a alt act ability and have again certain requirements to be meet to improve the ranks. Have it give stats relative to current content if max rank. Just like we have heroic aa's etc just have an EPIC line with a set value, completing epic 1.0 or prequest give you 1 rank 2.0 2 rank 2.5 rank 3 and then add things that need to be done to increase rank from there.
    Kase likes this.
  12. seber Augur

wow 16 page none Nec cry this nef so much hate in here omg lol.
  13. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

So.... Next patch then?
  14. Tesserakt New Member

As a long time time necro, who has epic 2.5, and enjoyed the benefit for many years, this change is a non-issue to me. If you do not have your 2.5, just the 2.0, you are losing 8% passive crit rate. If you have the 2.5, you lose 18%. The 2.5 was a really nice boost, but all we are talking about here comes down to dps.

The DoT consolidations have increased our DPS considerably, and now we finally lose the epic crit rate (which we knew was coming, its been discussed for years). So its like 5 steps forward, 1 step backward, which is still a net 4 steps forward. The loss of epic would only be an issue if we were at a net loss of dps. If they retune the DoT consolidations downward and take away more steps, then it will be time to complain.

So take my epic, I'll finally finish off the Blight Ornament, and have a much nicer current content primary.
    Szilent and Skuz like this.
  15. strongbus Augur

same here. I knew very well that when the dot consolidations started for necro at some point the epics where going be nerfed. The dervs have been saying for years they hatted it. but didn't want to do the work required to fix it(redoing all dots). But as soon as they started to change new ones. all necros should have seen this coming.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Tesserakt New Member

Exactly. We are talking about graphical "knobs" here to tune our damage. As long as they don't fundamentally change the way the class plays, as long as we come out positive, I'm happy. The loss of the epic does not change how we play, just how the numbers in chat appear, and they are higher now than before.
    scaethach and Skuz like this.
  17. Sancus Augur

Necro with Epic 2.5, with just Spire of Necromancy XII (+25% DoT crit rate). Crit rate should be 87%.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Jondalar and Scornfire like this.
  18. Forcallen Augur

Necro epic will not go down without a fight!

Necro epic 1
    Devs 0
  19. Tesserakt New Member

Haha nice, maybe that will give us another month of it working, if they decide not to fix it immediately.
  20. Password1234 Augur

The quote in your post says "equip" not "click"
    Skuz likes this.