Transferring to FV?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Raidarr, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Raidarr Journeyman

Thinking of transferring to FV from another Live Server.

I understand the nature of the Free Trade system. I understand the lack of Common tongue and that the main language is Elf. I understand that it is a Roleplay preferred server (but not enforced). and finally I understand should I make the move it is a one-way ticket.

My question would be, If I were to transfer onto FV as a 115 Ranger, do I maintain my levels, current gear (bank) and flags?
    PCSS, Gyurika Godofwar and Andarriel like this.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

Yes, but if you have any characters already on FV, you will want to clear out both shared banks prior to your transfer to prevent any problems. Aside from the normal caveat about which shared bank is retained during such a transfer, the recent Brekt to FV merger really FUBARed a lot of people's shared banks . . . better to avoid the issue altogether.

One thing you don't ask about but you will probably lose: overseer levels. Mine were all reset during the merger, so I would expect yours might be during a transfer /shrug.
    PCSS and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  3. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Make sure your certain, FV is like hotel California. There are days I regret coming here but I can never leave.

Having almost everything buyable/tradeable can easily ruin your sense of progression if you let it. For example you can usually buy a full set of top tier group gear for a pretty trivial amount of plat. Why progress through tiers when you can so easily skip to the last? On the other hand the constant 50% bonus and ability to loot and sell everything can be quite addictive.
    Funky, PCSS and Fenthen like this.
  4. ntellect Augur

I've been on FV for a few years and appreciate what it has to offer. Having everything buyable/tradeable just give you options you can take advantage of if the need arises. I normally quest for my gear but love shopping on the /baz to see if I can get some nice upgrades cheap. Its especially useful at the low levels where there arent that many people to level with. Be aware that prices are super inflated. So while you can buy raid gear its like 2 million plat, which is relatively expensive to me.

The community is great. I think I've actually received more free stuff than I've bought.

And finally there is the 50% XP boost which is just a nice to have.
  5. Fenthen aka Rath

No. Shared banks don't transfer with you. There would be absolutely no conflict there.

I recommend cramming as much as you can into your housing -- because when you move, those will zip up into an eviction crate. You can also parcel stuff to you, and the parcels queue will transfer with you too. Your shared bank will remain, including platinum in the shared bank slot.
  6. Qbert Gallifreyan

You may want to read about the massive shared bank problems that occurred during the server merges recently. You are right with regard to how it is supposed to work, but wrong in reality with respect to what actually happened this year.
    PCSS likes this.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Its a good server. I play a 115 ranger myself. yes elf is the main language but easy to learn when i came over i maxed out all languages so no biggie. Lots of stuff are tradable which is nice. Only bad thing is once your here your dont gonna be able to leave. Im guessing yrs ago they made it that way so people didnt come to fv and get all raid geared then transfered to old server just my guess i could be wrong though. there is a xp bonus although doesnt seem its the 50% everyone says it is.

Andarriel
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Fenthen aka Rath

You are referring to servers merging, guilds, housing neighborhoods, shared banks, etc all merging together.

That is ** COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ** than a character transfer to another server.

Trust me on this? I moved to Brekt in April, and then merged to FV in May.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.