New Patch Ruined Custom UI Skins

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Azurefrost, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Azurefrost Elder

How are you going to ruin Custom UI skins the day a new expansion comes out? Now my setup is all over the place and looks like garbage... Why would you do this?
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

They're doing whatever they can to protect the Kunark world records.
  3. Azurefrost Elder

Thankfully a newer version from a few days ago fixed mine *whew*
    PCSS likes this.
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

It's not their responsibility to make sure 3rd party UIs are compatible with their patches.
  5. Azurefrost Elder

True, but the past few months patches from launch of newest TLP didn't mess with the UIs at all, but this one did.
  6. Duder Augur

Updating the game always inconveniences someone. It's not a conspiracy.
  7. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

It's likely the removal of voice chat which broke it. I had to strip out references to it in EQUI_PlayerWindow, EQUI_GroupWindow, and EQUI_Options xml files. Took about 5 minutes.
    Protagonist and minimind like this.
  8. Leigo You come here often?

what's the issue? This was a pretty simple fix for custom UI tbh
    PCSS likes this.
  9. Bullsnooze Augur

Why post this in the TLP section?
  10. Bowdeen Elder

1) It was an easy fix, as others indicated.
    2) You're using 3rd party stuff. Why should they worry what the hell they break with 3rd party stuff? that'd be like a macroni quest user complaining that they need to update because the patch broke their software.
    3) Use the default UI like a real man.
  11. Lineater Augur

Could use some more help from the computer whizzes on this easy fix. Tried to take out voice references in those three XML for Sparxx, but it didn't work. Still can't load it.
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

Not 100% sure what your sparxx files look like, but an older version of my group xml had these
    <Button item="GW_Voice5">
    <EQType>voicechat/GroupActivityButton 4</EQType>
    <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition>
    <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent>
    <Style_Checkbox>false</Style_Checkbox>
    <Template>BDT_Checkbox</Template>
    <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch>
    <TopAnchorOffset>0</TopAnchorOffset>
    <BottomAnchorOffset>10</BottomAnchorOffset>
    <LeftAnchorOffset>145</LeftAnchorOffset>
    <RightAnchorOffset>155</RightAnchorOffset>
    <LeftAnchorToLeft>true</LeftAnchorToLeft>
    <RightAnchorToLeft>true</RightAnchorToLeft>
    </Button>

remove all of that 6x and then 6x instances of
    <Pieces>GW_Voice5</Pieces>

where 5 is 0-5 for each group member
    Lineater likes this.
  13. Lineater Augur

Got it working! Thank you!
    I feel dumb but for some reason ctrl+f wasn't working in Notepad. I opened the files with Wordpad to edit. UI seems to be fixed...fingers crossed.
    PCSS likes this.
  14. Tweakfour17 Augur

NotePad++ ftw, it collapses all the sub junk, way easier to edit
  15. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Here are my 3 files after making the changes - https://www.raspersrealm.com/Everquest/Tools/sparx_fix.zip
    PCSS and Tweakfour17 like this.
  16. Leigo You come here often?

or you could download the working ui that i posted some time ago
    Tweakfour17, PCSS and Duder like this.
  17. Machen New Member

They removed voice chat??????

How will we speak to one another now?
  18. Kiaro Augur

Notepad++, Brackets or Vim editing XML in any other way is painful at best if you're trying to troubleshoot (or track down open elements)
  19. Lineater Augur

The link you posted on May 26th in another thread on a different subforum? That I... guess I should have assumed was not affected by the patch, since my Sparxx UI worked just fine until yesterday?
  20. Lineater Augur

I didn't expect any updates right away. In fact I assumed an update would take some time. Which is why I attempted to follow the advice posted in this thread on how to fix the UI manually. I asked for extra help and thanked the person who replied to me.

The first Sparxx UI hit on google links to a page that shows the UI as last being updated 10-30-17: https://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=4620

I saw this yesterday and mistakenly assumed an update wasn't out, yet. I guess that makes me an "entitled cuck." Okie dokie.

This thread could use more helpful advice and less useless condescending snark, so here is the link to the updated Sparxx UI for all you lazy entitled cucks out there:

https://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=6617
    Duder likes this.