Ideal offhand for a rogue

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Sissruukk, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Sissruukk Rogue One

For a rogue, raid equipped, what would the ideal offhand be? And why?

Would it be the Velium Enhanced Short Spear, or the Velium Enhanced Battle Rod?

(I am not in a raid guild, nor am I raid equipped. Just wanting to know the answer as to what the best option for an offhand would be: 1hp or 1hb, and the reasoning for the choice)

Thank you.
  2. Syylke_EMarr Augur

(Battle Rod is Mnk/Bst specific, but will compare versus the VE Axe)

Theoretical best would be the VE Short Spear as it matches delay with their class-specific dagger, is piercing (so it benefits from Pinpoint discs, and is in the highest proc damage class (4400).

The VE Axe would be the 2nd best option as its proc damage is in the same class and it is tied for best damage ratio with the VE Sword (12.57).

The only other contender, in my mind, for normal DPS offhander would be the VE Club, but it has a reduced base damage to include some magic damage which isn't always ideal. It does have the same proc damage, but the delay is the slowest for 1-handers.

Other than that, the other weapons are basically utility procs: VE Hammer for Remote Healing, VE Sword for self healing, and VE Dagger for stun. This puts them at the bottom of the list for DPS setups, in my opinion.
  3. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I always roll with double piercers. In part because of the Pinpoint thing. But also because next expansion, I'm going to upgrade my main hand dagger... and the one I have now will go to offhand. With the exception of this expansion and it's ores, I generally don't get THE best piercer first, so it's nice to be able to take the second best one and put it in offhand, so I only have to buy the 2 weapons, instead of the second best poker, then the best, then get another offhand because I don't want a stabby there.

Now, that's mostly applied to raiding, I will admit. But I think if grouping, I would probably follow the same pattern, but I can't say *for sure* that I would.
    Sissruukk likes this.