Test Update 08/11/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I believe so. That bug is the reason they were blocked.
  2. Maedhros High King

Errr are the necro wounds and ignite intellect lines getting consolidated or what? Is that postponed to a later patch or not included at all?
    Wounds is THE spell line that eats the most dot slots on a mob therefore the one that needed consolidation the most.
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Its about time!

Andarriel
  4. Ninelder Augur

The reptile nerf was such a crap move by the devs. Due in no part to anything any druid had ever done. It was nerfed because they gave paladins a version of it, which they then used to solo exploit/slaughter entire zones (for XP.) Druid reptile always had counters and was never able to be exploited like the paladin version was. I think they might of thought that making it not stack with the paladin version was a suitable punishment to the paladin class. Unfortunately, they didn't seem to notice.

Any paladins reading this post are probably asking themselves, "WTH is reptile?" The answer being that it was a really neat class-only(at that time,) spell druids got in DoDH. Unfortunately, as with almost every other druid-only ability that had any impact; it was cool enough they gave/modified a version of it for shaman, clerics and paladins later on. The paladins abused their version, and druids and shaman were punished alongside them(Clerics had not been given SB-line yet at that time.)

Later on, they removed the penalties on the shaman version(because slurp, slurp, slurp.) They never fixed the druid one. Its still a spell we use in its nerfed form, but only on raids, and only when we have extra druids. It is the first druid duty that gets dropped.

Even pre-nerf reptile doesn't hold a candle to the shaman languor line, or the cleric SB version.
    Ezbro likes this.
  5. Zinth Augur

CoTF wasn't really overpowered? they were quite easy...
    The spell part was fixed 15th July or so... the Melee part is not fixed yet and well don't see it in this patch either so some mobs still hit for 44k at lvl 105 grp content in TBM with very high strikethrough
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Spells in TBM missions are still hitting over 10K more than they used too, so the spell part isn't fixed yet either.
    Zinth likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Is this filtered under others damage?
    If not can we get it filtered please, I get enough spell garbage as it is, I don't need anymore.
  8. MagicMysteryTour Journeyman

Maybe but I see both sides. Sounds like ALL caster classes need a cleave type focus added. Just ran some tests and my pally was getting around 24% critical rate from IX. So warriors and any melee probably get 35% or higher. Don't see always 18% on as game breaking and always on 35% as not just because its shared by all melee.