Changes to the Necromancer Epic 2.0 in the August 2020 Update

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Aristo, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

they don't want to show you numbers, because the actual numbers show that the DoT consolidation + epic nerf is still a net positive for their DPS.
    scaethach, Skuz, kizant and 1 other person like this.
  2. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

This change will not impact raid necromancers really at all. And he still has another 3 dots to revamp that will only push it out further. So the problem is he is making this change for nothing and still has to do what he did for everyone elses dots that were revamped. Take away a bunch of it. No one else had other things taken away before he made the needed downward tuning that will come. Lets see the parses and impact 1 or 4 months from now when we lost our epic and he's made all the other changes that he should have started off with.

No one needs parses to know that. Every other dps class, hybrids and even tanks supported can do 500,000-750,000 dps on most ToV events. Necromancers do a lot more than that with one mob and a lot lot more when they can dot up multiple mobs at once. The people playing those other dps class, hybrids and supported tanks not doing that are bad or not getting support.
  3. Pops Racer Olde Faht

What cracks me up is nothing in all the posts here is new. Everything said here was said back on the old Sony/Verant EQ forums circa 2000 anytime there was a nerf.

Some things never change. ;)
  4. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Yes, people will always create new accounts to post useless commentary on forum threads. Congratulations for upholding the tradition.
  5. Akonite New Member

When people refer to dps, do they mean damage per 6 second tick or actually damage per second?
  6. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

DPS is damage per second.

If someone is using it for damage per 6 second tick, they are using it wrong.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Giving a class a 100% (or more) damage increase then taking away 20% is not a nerf.

You need to rethink your whole complaint & if you really didn't have a clue about your damage before & after revamp (which it seems you don't) then you should ask the other Necromancers what they parsed before the revamp & after, maybe go get a parser & run it so you can see the numbers for yourself instead of posting this angry mess.
    Vumad likes this.
  8. seber Augur

as me I am find them take away epic just be nice give us 30sec buff some thing
  9. Veraxen New Member

In a game where time is the main currency, this is a deep insult. Don't summarily nerf a class. Some people, like me, have been playing a necro with epic for 16years. People invest time based on the rules and scenario developers create. Haphazard disruption of that undermines trust and makes players feel like their time has been wasted. No votes...just better read the boards and even if there are pages and pages of voices against it, it just doesn't matter?!
  10. Nadisia Augur

Seriously?
    Everquest, and MMOs in general are «worlds of wasted time», by concept.
    With every single expansion, foci, spells, disciplines, armor, weapons etc are upgraded, so that the previous versions become obsolete.
    You need to farm them again, and again, and again, and ... again :p
    If you want something durable, then farm clicky illusions, or ornaments.

Necro epic was a strange exception, the only epic still equiped 15 years later.
    I don't even talk about some epics that were pretty bad at release.
    Ask wizards about their epics in general, you'll see. Or beastlords.

You've got a big boost with the previous revamp, then a small nerf with this patch.
    In the end, you'll get a pretty notable gain overall.

And if you want to keep your epic skin : An Epic Request (Necromancer) ;)
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Lurikeen Journeyman

Last night I decided to molo without my epic. I commanded my pet, Jobaner001, to attack a mob and my pet LOL'd and said, "Master, no epic, no kill." I still can't believe that pile off bones then went on strike. Legit story. Honest Abraham!
    svann and Nadisia like this.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea just shows how overpowering the epic is thanks for proving that.

Andarriel
  13. Blyght New Member

Angry! There is an expectation when you choose your class and invest 100s or 1000s of hours, that it won't undergo major revamps with things that have been established for decades or if it does, it will come in the form of evolution vs punishing nerf (out-date old item with new; not make class defining item worthless rather than obsolete due to better options). It isn't as if class tuning has been done to account for loss of the epic. With regard to the argument that other classes don't get to use epics indefinitely: do we immediately nerf SK, SHM, CLR, etc. epics? The DRU epic has been useless for more than a decade, shouldn't they all be useful? The addendum to this is that necros can still wear their epic--- that isn't some benefit to need to wear your epic to get utility from it, we don't want to wear 200hp gear at level 115, but decided it was worth it.
  14. Badname3245 Lorekeeper

Will see if they really learned their lesson. We we're told TBL evolves were intended for 2 expansions use so we can't have lots of folks tied to those 4 items forever.
  15. Blyght New Member

16. Kajiee New Member

Argh! I am against any nerf. I think that the devs need to fix things instead of hitting it with a nerf bat. Let this classes stay different, please for the love of the Gods, don't make them all the same, in the name of "balancing". I have played on and off on different classes and it sux anytime any class gets nerfed.
  17. MiataDriver Augur

You don't think that every other class felt the same way getting their epics? Some of which still have some utility, many have had no utility for many years now.

Life goes on.
  18. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Actually, many classes have been subject to drastic changes during the years. How many druids/wizards still have a business selling ports nowadays? Many classes have a totally different focus now, than they had during Omens...

Yes, it was! The epic nerf was not a sudden impulsive change, the devs obviously planned the epic nerf when they retuned the dots.
    I expect the clicky effect in all the epics to be at least functional!.(it might not be "usefull" forever though).

I expect, at the end of the day that the Necro will still "feel" like a necro. you will still throw dots, and you will still have a pet...The epic did not "define" your class!

A lot of players still do their epics for the achievement alone, or for that sweet ornament they can use as a bragging reward! Your efforts are not wasted! :)
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Drunkenlion55u New Member

time to stop living in the past, its 2020, games evolve over time.
    it was an accomplishment of its time.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Wrinkly New Member

I was going to post a rant about being a returning player after ~10years break, about wishing I'd had known this before DB nerfed my bank balance, but now you have me wondering what monk and shaman have replaced their Epic click with?