DEV can we please look in to Ancient Cyclops spawn rate

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pharone, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Triconix Augur

Here's a novel idea. How about instead of farming them for profit you like let some of the couple thousand people have the camp so they have a chance to get the item for free? I mean, I don't even know how I came up with such a brilliant idea!

Seriously, you can't be claiming to be the stalwart hero for the little guy and admit you're part of the problem in the very same paragraph.

He wouldn't be a lone warrior then...?
    Bullsnooze likes this.
  2. Pharone Elder

Actually, I farm it for my guild members. Sorry that I don't fit the villain profile you was wanting.
  3. Moranis Augur

Honestly - the only speedbumps left that EQ TLPs have to offer are time-sinks and low drop rates. Everything, everything, about Classic thru PoP (and probably even later) is incredibly well-documented and most likely memorized by 2/3rds of the TLP playerbase by now in addition to player-power being off the charts.

A lone warrior should have a very slim chance at getting Jboots. Not being able to do everything with every class is what made this game awesome to begin with.
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

What on earth makes you think this drop is intended to be obtained by a lone, unlucky warrior? Try grouping with someone. It's a mmorpg.
  5. Febb Augur

This same argument can be said for any rare in classic expansions. What I don't understand is people knowing full well it takes forever to get these rares to spawn and then throw a fit to get the game redesigned to fit their casual play time.

If people would play beyond the classic expansions, they would find the game is much better designed to cater towards a casual play style.
  6. bardybard Augur

Can a solo warrior even kill AC?
  7. Rizlowned Lorekeeper

aradune. bless your little hearts
    Fluid and Fenthen like this.
  8. Torrok Journeyman

There is no way it’s going for 2kr on Aradune. I’ve been selling the on Rizlona for 3k and you don’t get a ton of takers even at that price
  9. RizLoaner Elder

There's one guy constantly auctioning it for 2kr according to the discord bot. Be kinda lol if people actually pay 2kr for jboots.
    Fenthen likes this.
  10. Ulain Journeyman

Tell the SEQ necros to group, problem solved =)
  11. Rizlowned Lorekeeper

you are still getting people to buy them? ive been seeing people going as low as 1k or donation. kudos for your hustle
    Fenthen likes this.
  12. Bullsnooze Augur

What makes you think it wasn't? The drop is intended for anyone lucky enough to get the kill, but newer mechanics kind of give 2-3 classes an unfavorable edge. Not to mention the use of 3rd party applications that give those classes an even greater advantage.

Either way, that's another scenario and besides the point. Obviously grouping with a Necro or any 'farm' class would greatly increase the chances of an ancient cyclops kill, but that's not what we're talking about. A lone Warrior could kill the Cyclops, but with the DoT tick mechanics how could one output enough damage to secure the kill? This is the problem at hand!
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

Even without the dot tick mechanics, should a non DPs class be winning a DPs race against a DPs class?
  14. Trebor Journeyman

Next TLE should be a 'No Selling Loot Rights' server, so all us casuals can flock and camp our own crap :p
  15. Moranis Augur

An interesting idea would be to limit the allowable looters of the corpse during the locked phase to members present in the group prior to killing the mob. Important items would also probably need to be made No Destroy.

In addition to this - unlock the corpse after about (3) minutes and have it enter a "lottery" stage for maybe an additional 2 minutes. In the lottery stage, random people have the ability to put their name on a list to get randomly selected to win each item left on the corpse. To get your name on the list, you simply right-click on the corpse. After the 2 minutes is up, the game /random 1000's for each character on the list and the winner gets the item deposited into their inventory.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

If you want pixel handouts just play eq past POP.
  17. Loze Elder

Who's the guy wasting 2 songs in his rotation in the tank group playing EB and Selo's so the lazy warrior can have 2 junk buffs? I want that bard fired!
  18. Triconix Augur

If we want to get technical, the original description of warriors heavily implies warriors are a dps class. Now we know that's far from the truth, but alas, it's still there. :rolleyes:

Since we are on the rhetorical questions: Should a dps class be allowed to skip the need for a healer/tank?
    Tweakfour17 and Bullsnooze like this.
  19. Bullsnooze Augur

A question for another discussion? Even without taunt should a Cleric or Bard be able to tank better than a tank?
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  20. Xyphen Maximum Augur

I see more people giving away the ring on Rizlona than selling MQs. The biggest challenge is turning it in to Hasten before a bot army trying to spawn Brother Z kills him.
    Thewiz likes this.