Current Lazy Root Rotting?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Venau, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Beergoggles Elder

All the methods are viable really. Just remember not to neglect your merc aa. I ran into the problem a few expacs ago where my merc aa were nonexistant as i never used mercs and just kited or root rotted and my merc's healing often fell behind when trying to molo some named mobs. Pet tanking enough to get merc's healing aa up makes moloing named mobs significantly easier. Being able to dps more rather than helping to heal/block pet's dmg makes downing mobs much faster and easier.
  2. Venau Augur

Problem solved it was my Shawl Aug DD that was the issue. Is there only one mob in this entire expansion that doesn't cast that restless ice DoT or whatever it's called? I do prefer to kite when I can. It's just nice to give my hands a break once in a while.
  3. Szilent Augur

that's kinda weird since there is no DD on the shield aug. it reflects a buff boosting the next nuke by 600, doesn't proc its own damage
    Sancus likes this.
  4. Mookus Augur

I find the whole concept of lazy root rotting yet another example of how devs have failed and sucked at wizard balance.
    Konq_Ueror and Arkanny like this.
  5. Venau Augur

Thank you. I honestly don't think I ever knew that. Anyway, I'm not sure what I've done then but things are fine now. Is level of character of any significance? Kinda bothers me.
  6. Ibudin Augur

Why? you can root and nuke...

Not doubting wizards can use some help, I may even consider playing one if they do.
  7. kizant Augur

Root breaks constantly so there's not much point to it. The 7thNecro's post implies that you can DoT up a bunch of mobs and just park them in a corner while they die without having to worry. There's no real equivalent of that for wizards and soloing in small areas isn't something we can do easily either since we're forced to kite. It's a risk vs reward thing that I actually do think is kinda imbalanced.
  8. Ibudin Augur

I agree, as much as imbalanced as watching an SK or Warrior, be able to tank a very large amount of mobs, while outputting zerker like DPS, with really no need for a wizard or necro in their group to do so. There is a lot of imbalance in the game, start a thread on wizards and pitch your plea but coming to a necro root rot thread and complain about how wizards cant root rot is about as useful as why can't a bard port me to Valhalla.
  9. kizant Augur

You're the one that brought up wizard root+nuke. All I did was answer your question. :D
  10. Szilent Augur

30k dps chain Ice Block. only 11 minutes to kill single tier1 ToV mob that way, np np
    kizant likes this.
  11. Zynt Augur

You remind me of Brohg. That's not a bad thing. I'm fairly certain he was a member of SR back in the day as well. Shaman, very knowledgeable, knew his class extremely well and how it interacted with others. He also knew more about the other classes than a lot of folks who mained that class.
  12. Szilent Augur

Ya that's me. Swapped forum accts for some expansion's beta
  13. Zynt Augur

Well, Samana says, "Hi."
    Szilent likes this.
  14. Antasirras New Member

I think I did about 10,000 AAs root rotting in Frontier Mountains. Call it lazy, but when you've got 5+ mobs cooking at any given time, it's a level of killage that's nearly unreachable for any other classes. If you're after AAs, that's still not a bad place to rack them up with little more than Wounds spells and PP.

I'd bet the previous posters are correct and it's Flesh to Poison that's the culprit. If not, turn your log on, find where your PP's are breaking and see what's hitting the mob. I only ever have it break early when some "well-meaning" person hits it with some kind of DD or I do it intentionally with a pet swarm/DD.

Good luck.
  15. Mookus Augur

Getting super frustrated playing wizard again today. Almost every nuke breaks root on blue con mobs.

I think it was two expansions ago we had a thread on the beta forum where a dev actually made it less likely for blue con's to break root with a nuke. I was trying t find that thread to explain that they forgot to reapply that on the next two expansions. Do i recall that thread right or was it a figment of my imagination?

Root breaks against nukes too much... the more you know!

Imo, wizards should get a new root that casts those things in the close the gate mission who hold aggro and also do some dmg.
  16. Shredd Augur

A lot of the newer dots can have a nuke effect in them that breaks root.
  17. Silu Elder

Anta mentioned something that made me think it might be this. I didn't see you post your spell lineup. It may be that you are using swarm pets, which have a small nuke component that can break root when cast.
  18. Beergoggles Elder

Other things that can create issues with root rotting as well are weapon procs, proc augs, self buffs like flesh to venom and bestow rot. I have entirely too many procs so root rotting is kind of out for me unless i do some sort of hybrid kiting/root rotting where i kite to stack the dots needed to kill a mob then root it and grab another mob to start on.