Against EULA to afk inbetween rare spawns?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Adobebodi, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Rizlowned Lorekeeper

They are really going out of the way to help you relive that classic 1999 experience!
  2. Bullsnooze Augur

This is not a democracy!

For all intents of purposes you should consider the powers at be a communist regime. They can bend the rules however they see fit and at any time.
  3. Captain Video Augur

I'm going to call you out on this, I don't believe a word of it. EQ doesn't even recognize the concept of "home server". Many players, including myself, are active on more than one server, including both Live and TLPs.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  4. Gheed Is not reading your response

While yes, that is the case, that doesn't mean that I PERSONALLY have to agree with that viewpoint does it? It also means that you don't have to close your eyes and trust every decision blindly that a DPG GM makes.
  5. KimchiGoddess Augur

Did you suspension state it was due to the AFK? Because I could see it being toxic behavior based on what you yourself state you were saying to the other player.

I mean I don't doubt if you were letting your pet kill mobs, it was easy enough to look like you were AFK playing. But people get suspending all the time for running their mouths with insults when people petition.
    Kylo Classic likes this.
  6. KimchiGoddess Augur

Are you mixing up Guides and GMs? As someone who was a guide both when they had the ability to answer petitions when the petition queue was inside the game and then later (I quit and came back and reapplied to the guide program upon my return at that point) as one when they were severely neutered later on. Guides have never had the ability to suspend or ban anyone. Anything of the sort had to be escalated to a GM.
  7. Adobebodii New Member

Ahh well that financial issue comment was a long shot, but rampant suspending (guilty or not) I assume provides some financial gain to DPG. Suspend an active account = less accounts draining resources while still getting paid. Ban said accounts, all krono on that account disappears = literal free $$. I wonder if my account would still be active at all if I had say 100+ kronos on it? Probably not. Sorry it took so long to reply, my forum account got banned. Disagreeing with our Norrathian overlords will get you banned too apparently

Was amicable at first despite him attempting to steal my camp, but then the trash talking started after the DPS racing commenced. Was both sides in this case, neither of us used profanity of course but as a previous poster said, when all else fails and you can't win a DPS race, just report and wait for GM to be a white knight. Just noting i play a ench/clr, he was a solo necro. Enc + clr dmg chain is higher.
  8. Captain Video Augur

Your strategy is to bypass your forum ban and accuse DPG of corruption? Can I have your stuff?
  9. Adobebodii New Member

Know what, you’re right. I take it back. I was spitballing thoughts, won’t see any trouble from me nope no sir boss. Thanks I’ll just tuck and run now
  10. Gnothappening Augur

I don't know about now, but I do know about back then. Guides definitely handled the petition que. They don't ban, but they did collect information, which is what the OP said. Remember, Karendune has GMs that have like three months of training and three months of on the job experience. If they are using guides for evidence gathering, I can definitely see someone abusing that to get people they don't like banned.
  11. Gnothappening Augur

They are probably going by the original guide program. You absolutely couldn't have a toon on the server where you were a guide. That was more a thing back then anyways, before people had six accounts.
  12. Captain Video Augur

The claim was made earlier in this thread that DPG has deployed a brand new set of [unpaid] guides on Aradune, separate from the paid GMs who are known. It was further claimed that recent suspensions have come from guides acting in retaliation. I don't believe any of this is true. It would take an official red-name post to convince me otherwise.
  13. sumnayin Augur

So you're saying if you need an epic piece or an item you need and you can't muster people for a group, you'll just not get the piece....lol. I love when people try to argue with arguments that just make no sense. If I am working and I want to just tab over every 32 minutes to kill a spawn or a few spawns I should be allowed to, it has always been that way. I shouldn't have to fear getting banned for doing something i've been doing since 1999.
  14. Bullsnooze Augur

Here's the thing, I think I'd rather trust the decision of a GM, rather than a random person coming to the forums with no evidence. Granted, I'm not saying the GMs are trust worthy, but obviously they have a bit of an edge in this situation. Either way, if the person is truly innocent they have the ability to petition the suspension - why waste time posting on a forum about it?
  15. Captain Video Augur

I said nothing of the sort. My long-time experience with EQ has been that people who don't tab out have a much easier time of socializing in-game and thus finding helpful group play. Certainly joining a guild, even a non-raiding guild, makes that simpler. So no, I don't just skip getting the piece; I get it when schedule allows.

EQ is not the same game as it was in 1999. The rules as they exist today are very clear about how you're supposed to behave in-game if you choose to go AFK, for whatever reason. Aradune has significantly greater GM enforcement of this rule than in prior TLPs, and their intentions were spelled out very clearly at the time of launch. You're free to choose a different server if you don't like it.
  16. Gnothappening Augur

You are leaving out an important part of what they said. They did say that guides were retaliating, BUT, they said that guides do the legwork and gather the data and that the GMs lean heavily on the guide's findings for doing the bans. They didn't say guides ban people. They said guides investigate and that GMs ban. I can only speak about the original guide program and they absolutely did investigate then. What they do now, I have no idea.