Not A Bug Hand of Holy Wrath/Arm of Holy Wrath Range

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Darchon_Xegony, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Darchon_Xegony Augur

For the last 4 expansions most priest weapons have both a worn proc of Hand of Holy Wrath (1 Hander) or Arms of Holy Wrath (2 Hander) as well as a Sympathetic Hand or Arms of Holy Wrath.

There is currently a bug with the resulting proc however.

[46913] Arms of Holy Wrath VII
    Target: Single
    Range: 100'
    Resist: Magic -300
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Recourse: Arms of Holy Wrath VII Recourse
    1: Decrease Current HP by 13000
    2: Cast: Alleviating Burst XVII

[46912] Hand of Holy Wrath VII
    Target: Single
    Range: 100'
    Resist: Magic -300
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Recourse: Hand of Holy Wrath VII Recourse
    1: Decrease Current HP by 5200
    2: Cast: Alleviating Burst XIV

Each of these procs only have a range of 100'. However, most every single target nuke/DoT has a base range of 200-250' which focuses up to around 300'. What this means is the Sympathetic Proc simply will not fire if you are over 100' from your target.

This is pretty obviously a bug. Every other Sympathetic focus has a resulting proc with a range of 300'.

How to repeat:
    1. Create Priest.
    2. Equip Velium Enhanced Mace [ID=164155] or any similar priest weapon with a Sympathetic Hand/Arms of Holy Wrath.
    3. Target a Dummy in guild hall or arena
    4. Run over 100' away
    5. Nuke mob
    6. Note how every other sympathetic you are wearing is firing except Hand/Arms of Holy Wrath.
    This issue impacts the following spell IDs:
    • 45931 - Hand of Holy Wrath VI
    • 45935 - Arms of Holy Wrath VI
    • 46912 - Hand of Holy Wrath VII
    • 46913 - Arms of Holy Wrath VII
    • 47894 - Hand of Holy Wrath I
    • 47895 - Hand of Holy Wrath II
    • 47896 - Hand of Holy Wrath III
    • 47897 - Hand of Holy Wrath IV
    • 47898 - Arms of Holy Wrath I
    • 47899 - Arms of Holy Wrath II
    • 47900 - Arms of Holy Wrath III
    • 47901 - Arms of Holy Wrath IV
    • 50557 - Hand of Holy Wrath V
    • 50558 - Arms of Holy Wrath V
    Fenthen and Mithra like this.
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This is working as intended.
  3. Darchon_Xegony Augur

It is very confusing this is considered a design decision/working as intended.

Literally every other Sympathetic Proc with a detrimental proc, has a 300' range value on that proc. I can't imagine why the priest variant would be limited to only 100' range?
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Coughforme New Member

I'd be interested in hearing more on why it is intended to work this way, as from a design point of view
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I suspect it is centered around the AE heal portion (which is 100' and I suspect he doesn't want a larger radius). If the AE heal is 100' but the original fire is at a larger distance (like 300'), could easily see situations where the AE heal doesn't affect anyone ... which would probably cause more complaints.

Set everything at 100' ... everything works ... fewer complaints.

Honestly, best proc in game ... damage plus mana plus group heals, not to mention a -300 mod (better than int caster procs). I'll take it at 100' as long as the upgrades keep coming.
    Duder likes this.
  6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I don't disagree it is a strong proc line, and I know the group heal is set to 100' AE range, but the only reason I noticed this was because I was looking through a parse and didn't see this sympathetic contribute at all and decided to investigate further.

Perhaps if they think this is how it should stand, there should be a message indicating you are too far from your target to proc similar to one being too far from target to cast. Without any messaging many people will simply not know this isn't triggering for them and know they should correct their distance if possible to allow it to proc.
  7. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

If people are not smart enough to either (a) look at their procs for ranges or (b) check to see if their damage/heals are firing either in real time or by parse review, I'm pretty good with them missing out. EQ has dumbed down enough things to where the difference between good play and /auto play is small. You did and you are rewarded with knowledge. You can pass that knowledge onto others as a tip if you want or keep it to yourself to rule the parse!

I also do not want a ton of YOU ARE OUT OF RANGE proc messages flooding my logs. Because they wouldn't just do it for one proc, they'd do it for all procs ... including aas and buff ones. I honestly don't know what it would look like ... but I do know I don't want it.

You asked, you got answered about as direct as can be ... probably time to accept it and move on.
    Duder likes this.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This is one of the reasons. It should have a compromise for being otherwise the best proc in game.
    Another is the AOE range, which is definitely not increasing as that would be too powerful.

Yes. The spam would be astronomical.

This is still not a bug.
    Duder likes this.