Changes to the Necromancer Epic 2.0 in the August 2020 Update

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Aristo, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

2. RPoo Augur

So because some classes get more out of a damage mod that can be used once for one or two ticks of damage if they're lucky every ten minutes than other classes you have to overreact, ok. So druids get one REALLY good dot, so do enchanters, so do necros. you do twice the damage a druid does overall so quit yer bishing over a few huge ticks.
    When I look at combined damage for T2 and T3 my good dot accounts for 220k dps, the other dot 110k, the other 200k in nukes and procs for a total 530k combined dps
    A druid is similar with one good dot accounting for 220k of their dps and about 4 smaller dots making up another 170k and another 120k from nukes and procs for a total of 510k dps
    Now A necro, a single dot accounts for 370k of the dps, next dot 100k, plus 20other dots combined made up another 360k. Damage from nukes and procs that I picked up was only about 70k of the total 900k dps combined.
    Vumad, Skuz, Rolaque and 1 other person like this.
  3. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

How is this overreacting? It illustrates classes can gain differently or have differences and it’s alright. The over reaction is the non stop omg necromancer epic is insanely op when it’s the dot revamps that are the broken thing.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

What?
    svann likes this.
  5. Freedyt New Member

you need better necros then
  6. seber Augur

I hate see Nec epic go but been in works more 10 year not any one is bind side by this hehe
    Kaenneth and Skuz like this.
  7. Littlelegs Elder

ps is 'post script' abbreviated. so post post script is pps. i think. and also dont care that much. have a good day.

p.s. hi sancus

p.p.s from wiki
    Sometimes, when additional points are made after the first postscript, abbreviations such as PSS (post-super-scriptum), PPS (postquam-post-scriptum or post-post-scriptum) and PPPS (post-post-post-scriptum), and so on, ad infinitum are used, though only PPS has somewhat common usage

p.p.p.s i know more about that now, thanks bois
    Funky, Nennius and Sancus like this.
  8. Jein-ko New Member

When did it get that boost? lol
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  9. GriefPK Elder

Agreed, makes sense that the Critical Affliction can be added back in a managed way through AA that is future proof.
  10. mordsith Journeyman

Okay hmm what someone else said? So... when you take away the crit chance, our spells have a greater chance of doing the same damage they used to do on a critical hit back before the revamp. Except now they cost 5x as much mana and don't stack with spells of the same line.

I have played this game a while, took a break, was trying it for a while now again and this? If you havent got it I play a necromancer.

For a long time, more than 15 years the EQ deck was stacked against me. I should have played a melee character clearly, they get stronger and stronger. Not many npcs resist a good sword thrust.
    They put out more and more damage.

And now this for necromancers?? Are you kidding me?

Now Spells dont stack in the same line? What is this BS? Can I group effectively or raid with other necromancers? Well I assume that wont be much of a problem soon if this trend on "fixing" necromancers continues. Why is it everytime something is fixed? It is a nerf? What the heck about balance? Wow.

Wow, this is just so very special.

Mordsith
    Necromancer from back when the game started on Innorruk, I only played a necromancer because I could find my dead body...
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Spell stacking only impacts the caster. Multiple necros can still cast the same dots on a target.
  12. mordsith Journeyman

frankly it is still a pain, direct damage classes suffer nothing like this. Melee's are unaffected as well and why should they be? Take it out on the weak, soft, and useless necromancer. Thanks.
  13. mordsith Journeyman

and its a nerf if you hadnt noticed? I cant stack the most effective spells on a target as before. Fire clearly is the best necromancers have to cause damage, and this stacking affects that.
  14. Akonite New Member

This discussion has a lot of strange gloating over the destruction of the essential character of the necromancer class. Odd to be so happy at other people's loss.
    I have been in the game for more than 20 years. At the beginning necromancers and, at that time, monks were the best classes for soloing. After monks were nerfed I started my necro and I have found the game has remained enjoyable as a necro.
    It is clear that the problem is not dps. Groups don't want necromancers because the fights are over before necros get going. That's fine with us. The necromancer is a complicated class to play, playing solo necro means long fights over time, and necromancers have learned how to fight that way using the epic.
    The necromancer is unique, and that seems to be the real problem. I'm quite sure that almost all necros would happily forego the constant increases in the power of spells or other equipment if we were just left alone to play the class as it has been for so many years, with our antique and unique epic. Many necros that I know have played for decades because of the oddities and complexities of the class and the satisfaction of playing it well. But for years others have resented the independence of the necromancer, and that resentment has come to focus on the epic. It's just because we are different. The mindset behind the change is very unattractive.
    I am obviously very upset. This change is a slap in the face of some of the most faithful and longest playing members of the game, for reasons that are not at all attractive. It is personally insults people who have played necromancers for years and years and for whom EQ has been an important part of their lives.
    Kase likes this.
  15. Szilent Augur

you can no longer stack:
    Pyre of Klraggek (6240/tick) with
    Pyre of the Shadewarden (5145/tick) with
    Pyre of Jorobb (4243/tick)

instead, you just cast:
    Pyre of Klraggek for 16267/tick

all three dots are on that moment, and you immediately move on to cast other enormous dots.

I wanna be understanding of your perspective, because change is scary! but you clearly have NO IDEA what you're talking about
    Vumad, RPoo, Funky and 3 others like this.
  16. mordsith Journeyman

and i see, this change, that is affecting mostly what I can see the raid game is helping necromancers how? I can cast less dots and then do what? meele? What if that dot is resisted? Egad. And its resulting in changes like the epic nerf? What do you think the class does? We cast dots. So now we can cast less dots, hmm thats special. How is that in line with what the class has been in the last 20 years? Oh I see, you all get it exactly right, and fix things that have been convoluted for decades in a flash!
    and yes you chose the right class I can see that in a flash, yes.
  17. Dewd Master

You should actually try playing the game or something,,,, so you could see how they buffed other dot lines that were previously ignored, so you are still casting a lot of dots.

U must b trolling at this point, right?
  18. mordsith Journeyman

you know i have played the game for decades and I still play . If this is some super improvement, we will be nerfed, and evidently some think it is. Personally I think these changes are badly thought out and are a pain. I hadnt said anything before because I was giving people the benefit of the doubt. I hadnt got around to getting my 2.5 yet, but was thinking about it, and evidently that is a lost cause now. From what I see can this expansion is easier than some, which okay with me, but has led to some where necros are doing better than before with the "dot revamp" on raids. I am not raiding atm so I no I am not specifically aware of that myself recently. Keep the raiding game apart from the group game can you? Yes I still cast dots, had to add other annoying lines of weaker dots. On mobs that before I could concentrate certain types of dots (fire, disease, etc), now I have to cast all different kinds of varying affectiveness. I honestly just dont see how this helping this class, especially what this epic nerf fortends. But yes, I see warriors know it all and are helping me and my fellow necromancers!
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Do you even parse bro?

Your position seems to stem from a lack of understanding about the damage your class was & is now putting out versus occupying a lot of debuff slots & really focuses only on how many different casts you did of your favoured DoT types, it's pretty myopic.

Solo & Group Necro is still an absolute beast DPS class post DoT revamp & the epic being nerfed does not leave you in a worse position than before the DoT revamp & you would know this categorically had you been parsing your dps prior to the revamp & currently & after the epic changes.

You will still be the DoT king as a Necromancer and the revamp has seen Necromancer DPS get a huge up-front boost ahead of the epic changes which were almost certainly designed to cushion the blow and didn't affect only raiders at all, the idea it did or even could is nonsensical.

The revamp is still not complete yet and I would expect some further changes yet before the class is positioned in the right place, this is the most complex class in the game by far for spells so it won't be a simple, or painless process.
    Duder likes this.
  20. xrseber SEBER

This discussion has a lot of strange gloating over the destruction of the essential character of the necromancer class. Odd to be so happy at other people's loss.
    I have been in the game for more than 20 years. At the beginning necromancers and, at that time, monks were the best classes for soloing. After monks were nerfed I started my necro and I have found the game has remained enjoyable as a necro.
    It is clear that the problem is not dps. Groups don't want necromancers because the fights are over before necros get going. That's fine with us. The necromancer is a complicated class to play, playing solo necro means long fights over time, and necromancers have learned how to fight that way using the epic.
    The necromancer is unique, and that seems to be the real problem. I'm quite sure that almost all necros would happily forego the constant increases in the power of spells or other equipment if we were just left alone to play the class as it has been for so many years, with our antique and unique epic. Many necros that I know have played for decades because of the oddities and complexities of the class and the satisfaction of playing it well. But for years others have resented the independence of the necromancer, and that resentment has come to focus on the epic. It's just because we are different. The mindset behind the change is very unattractive.
    I am obviously very upset. This change is a slap in the face of some of the most faithful and longest playing members of the game, for reasons that are not at all attractive. It is personally insults people who have played necromancers for years and years and for whom EQ has been an important part of their lives.

well said I don't get all hate or the necromancers what we do you all ????