Kael raid achievement- stay out of Crystal aura

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Cicelee Augur

Question- has any guild that has gotten this achievement done so by ignoring all the crystals and just killing the golems that spawn from not killing the crystal? Thanks!
  2. Conq Augur

We've never tried it that way, always just range kill the crystals. Sounds easier than it is, since there's always a few who just can't seem to get out of their own way. That's ok, they just end up having to sit when we choose to do achievements on certain nights.
    Conq
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Sure, you could do it that way if you wanted to. Why not? It would make it harder on you overall but it would work.
  4. Razorfall Augur

There is an aura that appears on the ground quite a bit before the crystal spawns.
    Unfortunately it's a shade of blue that is REALLY tough to see sometimes
  5. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Just range kill the crystals... killing the golems each time would be the suck.
  6. Cicelee Augur

I am aware of the strategy. And we have had once or twice not been able to get the crystal in time, thus spawning the golem.

I guess my thought process was, how much longer does it take to engage and kill three golems that run to your raid compared to your raid running to the three crystals and ranging them down then running back to Vindi?

As someone mentioned earlier, the blue aura is hard for some to see. There has been times when the crystals spawn right on top of us, such as mezzing the wolves away from Vindi. In which case if you cannot see the aura before crystal spawn and it spawns on top of you, then there is not much you can do at that point.

I know the majority of guilds range them and hope that no one runs into the aura. I was just asking if anyone has tried the killing 12 golems versus 12 crystals...
  7. Windance Augur

Does anyone know if pets on the crystals causes a fail ?

If we don't get the achievement soon we might have to try letting everything spawn.
  8. Nniki Augur

They do not cause a failure.
    Sancus likes this.
  9. Soulbanshee Augur

My guild used pets/range only from the start, have gotten achievement a couple times.
  10. Nniki Augur

It'd be significant. Killing that many golems would be painful; they have a lot more hitpoints.... around 700 million, I think? It also wouldn't be in your favor since you'd just be standing around waiting for them to spawn, as you probably wouldn't want lower Derakor's hitpoints further, triggering more adds.

I'm assuming no one has, as it would be in their best interest not to with respect to time. I don't see any reason why you couldn't get the achievement that way though if you wanted, as the description simply states, "Ensure that no one gets too close to the crystals."

Assuming you aren't fighting in the same location crystals spawn, just hold DPS whenever something spawns and if they're crystals, don't allow the raid to move away until they're visible. There is text that indicates what's spawning that can be used for triggers. Also, don't get too close as the crystals grow and their aura expands.
  11. Funky Augur

yes, and it takes a while.. they have a TON of hp. it's so much faster just range killing the crystals
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Pointless.

Would just mean more crystal time up and more area covered by auras for longer if you don't kill them, making it more likely someone runs into it.
  13. Lannin Elder

Sun Jun 28 20:12:34 2020] You begin casting Thought Leech IX.
    [Sun Jun 28 20:12:34 2020] You hit Allayna for 736763 points of disease damage by Thought Leech IX.
    [Sun Jun 28 20:12:34 2020] Allayna staggers.
    [Sun Jun 28 20:12:34 2020] You have slain Allayna!

Best part of this whole thread !
    Allayna and Funky like this.
  14. Windance Augur

We just got this achievement last night. We needed to change where we were tanking Vindi so we were not close to any of the potential crystal spawn points. AND Constant reminders to back the F* up. Pets where a huge help.

The white crystals on the white background does make it hard to spot them, and is one of my pet peeves about the expansion in general ... everything is white on white. Yes its supposed to be a snow themed expansions but ... boring visuals.
    Yinla likes this.
  15. Allayna Augur

More proof SKs are uber powerful, one AA and it equals a dead pally!
    Must be the SK version of Act of Valor...they hit it and a pally nearby dies!
    Funky likes this.
  16. Funky Augur

it was just me casting Act of Valor for you :p