Overseer: Let's get over with it !

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Iven, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Iven Antonius Bayle

It is finally maxed on my silver account. Never used any DBC to finish quests earlier.

[IMG]
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Well done, here is your prize:

[IMG]

Don't forget to disinfect the screen after licking it.
    Cazmac, shroomie, Nennius and 3 others like this.
  4. Duality Augur

Mouse still working?
    disclose likes this.
  5. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Oh come on you nerds, it took him some luck and dedication to "finish" a mindless mini game to do that. He deserves that cookie. Also, nice job on the "Let's get this over with" EQ forums trend. When used sparingly, it's still kute.
    Zunnoab and Skuz like this.
  6. haaaalp Augur

7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Silver is no different than a paid account, as far as this goes.

Now, a true F2P account would be more impressive :)
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

I suddenly want cookies...
    Cazmac and Skuz like this.
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

im like 3/4 there since i only do tradeskills/real xp and collection ornamentation but eventually ill do the others plunder ect.

Andarriel
  10. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Those success rates vs failure rates really show that the percentage shown in the game is still wrong.

I looked at my own accounts.

1646 Quests - 445 Critical Success, 1201 Normal Success, 21 Failure, 2 Critical Failure = 98.6% Success Rate
    1674 Quests - 396 Critical Success, 1278 Normal Success, 29 Failure, 5 Critical Failure = 98.0% Success Rate

I mostly run 90%+ success rate but compromise for 80%+ when I am already using most of my good iconic agents.

Regarding Critical Failures, what exactly is supposed to happen for these? Does it incapacitate every agent? They've happened so rarely I always forget to look to see what happens. I've never seen an agent completely lost to my knowledge, if it did happen it was some common agent I wasn't caring about in the first place.
  11. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

My best guess is that it increases the incapacitation chance. I've had a crit failure where all the agents got incapacitated but I've also got crit failures where only half the agents were incapacitated. I don't think I've ever had one that didn't have at least 1 agent incapacitated which is what makes me think it increases the chance for it to happen.
  12. Iven Antonius Bayle

Thx for the cookies ! I gathered up the jealousness from this thread and put it on top of them and they did taste so much better. :D
    Skuz and Metanis like this.
  13. BazMule New Member

Well, you're bragging about something that was completed a long time ago. It's almost like being that guild who flexes about being the first people to kill Nagafen in classic on the 19th TLP server.
  14. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

nice but do you have all your common/uncommon/rare and elite's?

Andarriel
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

With 278 agents? I would hope so ;)

I've actually started skipping the recruitment quests now, as of about 2 weeks ago. I'm still about 2 agents short for common/uncommon/rare (each), and about 6 short for elite, but I can always kick off the quests I want at success odds I can live with, so I decided to just use all 5 quests for what I want, instead of 4 and then one for recruitment.

As for quest XP, I still have categories at level 1, LOL. Including recovery, which I don't think will ever get to level 2, I just don't see the point.
  16. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I think with higher ranks you are more likely to get higher quests appear, and the higher ranked quests recover a higher number of incapacitated agents. I think that's how it works.
  17. Iven Antonius Bayle

Apples and melons are not the same, dude. What I did is different to the guy that finished Overseer some months ago. He paid real money to finish as fast as possible and I did not.

All but Fippy. Dunno how to get him maybe I just was unlucky yet as the account has received dozens of other elite agents so far by conversion.

Not sure on this one but it would be pretty useless as recovery missions are to specific to match multiple deactivated agents. A higher rank in recovery seems to reduce the recovery mission time.
  18. Velisaris_MS Augur

You buy him in the marketplace...he's part of the Overseer bundle, and it's the only way to get that agent.

Can only buy it once per account.
    Iven likes this.
  19. Iven Antonius Bayle

Thx for the info Velisaris. For anyone interested in buying Fippy, I have an additional info:
    It is the Overseer Starter Bundle which does cost 995 DB.

First I thought that it is included in the Overseer Agent Pack that does cost 300 DB and my thought was: "What a ripp-off". I have nothing to add to the real price. o_O
  20. Iven Antonius Bayle

Nearly three months later I have now also maxed 0\/3r533r on my bronze F2P account. The citical success rate is higher there as with only 3 missions slots there is no trouble with incapacitated agents. Two or three elite agents are still lacking but there was no need for them so I hoarded alot more agents than in the past. This time 88 more quests were needed to reach the progress cap and the reason for this were the ongoing overseer experience nerfs.

[IMG]