Fixed Overseer - quest Heartbeat of the World is impossible

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Mukkul, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Mukkul Augur

Overseer quest Heartbeat of the World (Level 4 Elite Military) cannot be started. It requires 3 different Soldier(5) agents, but only 2 different soldier(5) elite agents exist in all of overseer -- Firiona Vie and Kele.

So add this one to the pile of elite overseer quests that have broken agent requirements.
    Disil, yepmetoo, Fenthen and 3 others like this.
  2. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

So get dupes?

I may have only just started with Overseer (TLP), but you can get dupe Iconic Uncommons.. I can only assume you can get dupe Iconic Rares and Elites.
  3. Raytan Augur

You can not use two of the same Iconic at the same time, including conversions. If an iconic is on a quest, you can not use a duplicate of that Iconic on the same or any other quest. You can use duplicate Common or Uncommon agents, as far as I can tell, at the same time, just not Iconic.
    Fenthen and Wyre Wintermute like this.
  4. BazMule New Member

There are four soldier elites. Get gud?
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

OP said it requires Soldier(5)...those others you have listed are not Soldier(5).

However, according to the list on Zam, Meladrath is also Soldier(5), so he should fit the requirement.
  6. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Scholar* 5 for Meldrath
    [IMG]
  7. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Ahh good to know! :)
  8. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

I'm finding others besides elite quests with these problems too. I just added a Lvl 5 Rare to the list I started here:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ite-quests-and-job-requirements-wrong.269254/
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

You're right...Zam has the wrong info in the "Soldier" section, which is what I looked at. It's got Meldrath in there at 5, but if you scroll down to the individual agents, it has him as Scholar(5).

That's why I prefaced my statement with "according to Zam." :p
    Yinla likes this.
  10. kdor57 New Member

thanks for finding the misinformation on Zam about soldier/scholar. Ive fixed it now.
    on topic, I have been compiling a list of quests since OS launch and have 300 of the 306 non-recovery, non-recruit quests. I will start analyzing them against the updated agents to find these types of issues.
    Ive run across several that are impossible to start as OP said... others are doable but not optimal and end up with 60% success max, etc.
    Mukkul likes this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Came Across this impossible to start Overseer task today, and it has not yet been fixed.

Slot 1 requires Soldier 5 - bonuses are for Heroic Paladin

Slot 2 requires Soldier 5 - Bonuses are for Rogue Exotic Clockwork

Slot 3 requires Soldier 5 - Bonuses are for Paladin Hardy Bold

Gearhart would be a perfect fit for slot 2 if it was Solider 4 not 5 - so maybe that was a mistake

And slot 1 & 3 both asking for a Paladin when there is only one Soldier 5 Paladin Firiona Vie who fits slot 1 perfectly seems like a second mistake

Cavalier Devolah would be a perfect fit for slot 3 if it was Soldier 4

So to fix this quest Lower Slot 2 requirement from Soldier 5 to soldier 4 & lower slot 3 requirement from soldier 5 to soldier 4.
    Mukkul and Fenthen like this.
  12. Froglok Augur

13. Disil Journeyman

Bump to confirm this hit my overseer quest rotation today, and is still impossible to complete. Shouldn't be that difficult to update the requirements to make this possible instead of a dead task in your window.
    Mukkul likes this.