Rizlona Bots vs Aradune Real Players

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by I'm Not A Robot, Aug 4, 2020.

1. CokaSZ "Oh they baited us"

That's it, we're moving to Rizlona.
    RizLoaner and Skuz like this.
  2. I'm Not A Robot Lorekeeper

Lol, you think those 95% actually bother to read or study anything about the game anywhere to get better at it? The 5% are the only ones reading the forums here.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

Playing EQ with randos sounds pointless and boring to me. /shrug
  4. mark Augur

a lot of people that box are social,its called being in a guild and going on raids and a lot of clerics are boxed,an expansion with lvl his unlocked bang form a group of guildies and use the boxes out of group to lvl faster,group goes ld because of server crashing have a box cleric or necro camped .
  5. jeskola pheerie

I never understood this concept that if you don't do pickup groups or guild groups for XP/loot you are somehow anti-social and should play a single player game. You can do plenty of socializing in Everquest outside standard group scenarios. there is a ton of other interaction involved in the game, I'm chatting it up all day in tells, raid, discord, ooc, universal chat, etc
    Gheed, Foaming, Gremin and 3 others like this.
  6. Gremin Augur

On a side note, I want to slap that dude in your sig...damn thing is annoying.
  7. glove181 New Member

Completely right! Numbers don't lie but the after math does every time. Lol
  8. Arrk Augur

Rizlona acheivements don't count when you can automate play and get 90% of the them....

Oh let me run my 18 box army and kill 5000 frog mobs for the achievement...
    Oh let me run my box script and kill all the named in this zone...
  9. Wengi Journeyman

Sounds like you're salty and accusing someone of AFK gameplay because you can't keep up. It's okay though, I'll keep achieving and you can keep being salty, thats the EQ TLP way. It's not tough to do hunter achievements actually playing the game but Aradune does rot your mind so I'll give you a pass.

[IMG]
  10. Rizlowned Lorekeeper

the guy from the guild that streamed and boasts their "wr speedrun" "achievement" killing naggy using mechanic exploits is saying someone that has more achievement points than them is cheating. ruokbro?
    Wengi likes this.
  11. Wengi Journeyman

Some people think EQ is rushing to kill a few dragons and then doing that over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over until Kunark launches while taking time to farm Efreeti in-between. It's the fundamental difference between the two servers and states of mind. I actually enjoy playing EQ and EQ has all these achievements that are fun to do. Some people have fun killing the same raid mob over and over and complain when someone else enjoys eq a different way, I get it, we're all different and that bothers some people.

I only have 1 raid achievement doing a plane of sky run that's all. You don't need to raid to achieve in everquest. I've said hi to a cloaked dhampyre and all his friends. I've killed King Xorbb and his buddies whom I've never seen before. Dunedigger, yea got him too and his friend Rahotep. I found Mojo in OOT, Alrick in Tox and even Blige Farfathom. I've been at my keyboard for all of them actually playing my toon :gasp:. I've slayed humans, cats, rats, spiders, frogs, wolves, birds, orc, goblins, gnolls, dragons, faeries and fay. I've been at my keyboard actually playing for all of those too, but I do appreciate people thinking the only way to do anything is to either zerg it or AFK, an Aradunian midset if you will.

It's funny what you can accomplish when your main goal in EQ isn't keeping other people from killing mobs they can just kill in AoC's but hey to each their own I guess.

Rizlowned and all the other Rizloanians like myself actually enjoy EQ, by far the best EQ server I've played on since Fippy.
    Gheed, Rizlowned and jeskola like this.
  12. jeskola pheerie

Hah, it's gone now, I had grown annoyed by it too.
  13. Gheed Is not reading your response

Guys... everyone knows that if you are a boxer you are also automatically using all known third-party programs and blatantly cheating! That could be the only explanation as to how you can play multiple characters better than I can play my solo cleric!!

Lotta noobs on EQ who think hitting one button every 12 seconds is real tough

[IMG]
  14. Rizlowned Lorekeeper

bruh. complete heal is every 10 seconds!1!!11
    Gheed likes this.
  15. TLP Addict Augur

I'm on Aradune and would have to agree, the level of competence and attentiveness on this server is absolutely embarrassing and frustrating to deal with.

This game isn't hard yet so many people still manage to suck at it.

[IMG]
    Gheed likes this.
  16. Healiez Augur

I think its more that solo eq is not that engaging of gameplay, at least until later expansions.

Usually on whats dubbed the “more casual” server people tend to be just that. They play their one toon, and surf the internet, watch tv, or other things in the background. It isnt necessarily that they are bad at the game, they just arent giving it remotely close to their full attention.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'm not sure if the large number of complaints (from a relatively small number of players) about how well Aradune players play says more about these few complainers expectations or the general Aradune population.

I would think that if this server was seeing a lot of returning players these would very likely be players that are severely rusty after years of not playing EQ, and they may not have been that good to begin with.

Have you guys even tried coaching these returning players any or have you just resorted to bellyaching about them? I haven't seen any of you say that you tried that.
    Are you just assuming that they should know how to play well & are forgetting/ignoring how many years of experience you have and how many years they may not have played for?

EverQuest is not an easy game to jump back into it requires rather a lot of knowledge accumulated to really be good at the game and a bunch of that stuff is easily forgotten if you aren't actively playing, you might think it's like riding a bike but it really isn't since bikes don't get monthly patches which can over time amount to a large number of changes.
  18. Healiez Augur

95% of the time when you say something to said bad player one of two things happen.
    1) they immediately go on the defensive, even if you send then a tell and are nice about it
    2) admit they are payong more attention to netflix/tv/other video game and its no big deal cuz Eq iSnT HarD
  19. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Modern EQ efficiently clicking stuff on cool down so you are always doing something is what usually separates the good from poor players.
  20. Healiez Augur

Modern eq...

Classic eq you can easily go a while without hitting a button. Unless you are hitting like backstab or something on cd. Casters for instance hardly need to be hitting things on cooldown.