Server Progress Information?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by James, Aug 14, 2020.

1. James Augur

Where can I go to see the newer TLP servers and what expansion they are in and how soon the next one hits? Can't believe I am actually considering returning *sigh*
  2. dreamweaver Community Manager

KimchiGoddess and James like this.
  3. James Augur

was hoping one of the newest ones would still be classic :( might hang and wait for a new one down thew road to start brand new
  4. Riddish Lorekeeper

two still are classic, aradune and rizlona. They go into kunark this month.
  5. James Augur

Well, was thinking of going with Druid and grabbing the DE mask before it goes out which is why was looking at maybe waiting on a new server.
  6. Kahna Augur

The DE mask drops for 120 days into a servers life, Kunark launches roughly 90 days into a servers life. It will still drop for another month
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

Ragefire is in SoD not TSS, also I wonder if they'd consider changing the Xp levels to reflect current Xp not what they started at xxx years ago. Everyone past TSS is at live except Selo which is faster.
  8. Hinastrom Elder

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Progression_Servers is the best source I believe.

Also, classic TLP launches are the true "You think you do but you don't". You didn't miss much.

On the plus side, kunark drops weds and will be a great time to start cause plenty of people will be leveling iksars.

Aradune will likely be a shitshow of server problems for at least 2 weeks though, keep that in mind. And don't go to Rizlona unless you're going to box your own non-raid content. It's a fine server if you're willing to do that, though.
  9. James Augur

So, one of the new ones is a NO BOX server right?
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

No, Aradune is 2 account limit TrueBox
  11. Healiez Augur

There have always been less iksars leveling in my experience then people think.

A few people will level iksars from scratch.
    Some will just plvl them
    Most just buy a race change potion and make their current toon an iksar if thats what they wanted.
  12. Protagonist Tank

90 days. Ngreth said the previous longer runs were a bug that has been fixed.
  13. Captain Video Augur

There may or may not be another Classic-launch TLP in next year's cycle. My perception is that some momentum has built for the long-standing idea of launching a TLP at either Kunark or Velious, after all the server performance issues we saw during Aradune's first month. The idea would be to spread the racers and farmers across more zones, since the initial race would be to 60 not 50. Of course that decision won't be made for a while yet.

If you've got your heart set on playing with that mask, roll right now and don't mess about, and you still have a reasonable chance at getting one. 10 days left.
  14. Healiez Augur

I would love non classic tlp launches.

Velious starts would be great, even kunark has very little to do end game wise. Not to mention starting in velious would actually open up leveling paths and zones you generally never set foot in on standard tlps.
    Nolrog likes this.
  15. Nolrog Augur

Actually not a terrible idea. Though, I think many people come back for the experience of Kunark and Velious.
  16. Healiez Augur

I honestly wonder how many true new players there are each tlp. A decent number of people I have played with are tlp vets and over the classic start. End game there isnt a ton to do in classic and honestly in kunark there isnt much more.

I think a faster unlock server, maybe not as fast as selo which was insanely hard to keep up with. An 8 week unlock server and instead of lower raid time cooldown just double the loot dropped would be hugely popular
  17. jeskola pheerie

Don't you want to at least 1-box?
  18. Nolrog Augur

New players in terms of people who never played EQ before? I'd say not that many.

New TLP players in terms of old EQ players who never played on a TLP? I'm not sure there are that many anymore.

My personal preference is for the later game when you have tasks and things (partisan/mercenary achievements) to work on and can focus on them. I like that a lot more then, set up here and kill these same 11 mobs for the next 4 hours.
  19. RizLoaner Elder

I ran into a couple of back after 15 year players at the aviak village in sk while I was farming quill. There probably aren't many but there are still some coming back after years away.