What is 6 man-able in Kunark? and what are the requirements.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hinastrom, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Hinastrom Elder

What worthwhile (mostly for profit) raid content is 6 man-able in kunark? And if something specific is required, like a bard for resists, that would be good to know.

I know Naggy can be, i'm not specifically aware of what else is worth doing or possible.
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Naggy, Vox, Yael (probably want a cleric epic), Phinigel, Hate minis, Fear golems (probably want a cleric epic for Fright and Dread), Chardok royals if you count that as raid content (bard or rogue for lockpick), Drusella if you count that as raid content.
  3. Healiez Augur

You 100% need a bard when low manning, no way around it.

Hate minis, Terror, phinny, if you are geared maybe vox and naggy*, chardok royals, islands 1-3 in posky

If vox or naggy are dual wielding or have their haste item that changes things a lot. Also fear resists play a huge role.

Most epic fights are also easily done with a solid group.

Until luclin and even moreso pop when the power creep hits really hard and motm stops being so insane solo grouping raid targets can be tough and sometimes a matter of luck.
  4. RizLoaner Elder

If you’re looking to make a profit sit in skyfire for the first week or so and sell pearl shards, after that the raid content above should get you by. Popular epics also have lots of multiquestable pieces that boxers will have no issue paying krono for.
  5. YourJobNotYourLife Elder

For anything hard you want to do, you better be bringing a cleric.
  6. Healiez Augur

Bard, cleric, shaman are pretty much mandatory. Chanter is nice but charm slowly loses its oomph and you can get tash sticks/orbs on other toons

Any tank “works” but warriors make things so much easier. Furious into defensive gives you time to debuff and they take significantly less damage then sk/pal even without defensive.
  7. Dooby dooby doo Elder

I can't imagine naggy being able to be killed by 6 unless it was the perfect 6 classes with some well geared toons.

I know with 2 groups in kunark depending on what dps you use you're looking at 8 to 15 minute fight. I don't know what 6 toons could put out the dps while also keeping healer mana up.

I don't think 1 cleric is keeping up a tank when you have 6 total toons. Seems like a lot to ask.

I think 2 cleric 1 tank 1 bard 1 chanter 1 epic monk would stand a shot. But it certainly doesn't sound like a fun fight.
  8. Healiez Augur

Its insanely fun low manning raid mobs.

Everything must be a executed damn near perfectly, and there is always the chance something goes wrong. Ex. Tank getting back to back feared and clerics using to much mana to keep second on agro up. Or cleric just gets eaten.

Naggy is generally easier then vox, HOWEVER, if naggy is dual wielding (yes it happens) and has the cloak of flames he is nasty af, easily double the damage he does. i would be pretty impressed if 6 toons took that version of naggy down.

Also factor in warriors get defensive in kunark, so thats 3 minutes of taking significantly less damage from naggy, I would be clerics mana hardly moves at that time.

Levels are also huge, going from -5 on naggy to +5 on him drastically increases your mitigation against him. He will miss more often and since your defense is a lot higher and ac from kunark gear he will be hitting lower on the di table much more frequently. The +5 levels is also huge in resisting fear and flame breath as well.
  9. Glowerss Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/one-group-naggy.232316/

We did it on Phinny NP. Might be harder now though without focus effects but maybe not.
  10. Wengi Journeyman

11. Healiez Augur

Id be curious if the same team could drop him when he is dual wielding the koshigatanas and has a cloak of flames... that version of naggy is a beater.

Also they could be and probably are amazing boxers.. but a geared warrior tanking while 2 clerics run a ch chain and a charm pet beats him down is hardly next level play. Impressive none the less.
  12. Wengi Journeyman

Old guildies from Fippy that I know pretty well, they definitely aren't boxes. I have no doubt a competent boxer could pull this off but with the ease PC's have at running more than 6 toons these days Naggy/Vox should be in reach of a ton of players.
  13. Dooby dooby doo Elder

6 well geared toons over 2 months into kunark can kill naggy yeah... not exactly what this OP had in mind...
  14. Barder-mangler Augur

You can 2 man both chardok royals and drusella in era. Drusella is actually a real challenge to 2 man though, at least initially.
    I was able to solo 2 box royals week 1 of mangler (of kunark launch).
  15. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Nothing in the OP indicated he was asking about a box crew. He said 6 man.
    Nothing in the OP indicated otherwise.
  16. Kodachi Augur

Drusella is a joke if you use the same strat as phinny... Mez and mana drain her. She doesn't hit supremely hard (double 600s with mitigation I think?). Chardok royals are just simply a matter of controlling the pulls, the mobs themselves aren't that hard at all, you'll be hard pressed to find them up though due to the warrior/cleric epic drop pieces and there is no aoc version of them.
  17. Healiez Augur

They are a 2 hour repop and spawn in picks, you are actually hard pressed to find them not up.
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  18. Kodachi Augur

Yea... I just remember mangler, you could find em up during odd hours, but otherwise you had to pick around because literally every guild was trying to epic up their clerics and another set of people were killing them to try and sell loot rights.