Launch plan for OoW? - (kindly request DW or Dev resp)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Cranic01, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Cranic01 New Member

I'm curious to know what the devs or Dreamweaver have have planned for the Mangler launch of OoW making it a different experience than GoD or previous launches?

Is there anything you guys have done to improve server quality or server load to account for the traffic? Other improvements?

Not trolling, genuinely curious and appreciative of a response.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Nope. Enjoy the classic EQ experience of the whole server logging in, and rushing all the zones at the same time. The signet camp dps races will be about the last great challenge on your server, enjoy them.
  3. Healiez Augur

You really think this launch will be different then any other?

They randomly cracked the code?

At least there is a 99.99999999% chance it will go better then the Aradune Kunark launch will.
  4. Aegir Augur

The lv 70. Era... Don't miss it at all.

You'll farm Anguish till you puke. Don't worry about missing out - server stability or not.
    Skuz, VandilIzer, Iyacc and 1 other person like this.
  5. Cranic01 New Member

Says doesn't miss the level 70 era at all....

Has level 70 monk in his signature.

Are you trying to become a meme?
    Aegir likes this.
  6. Aegir Augur

Haven't Updated the sig, sorry :)

Lv 105 in Empires of Kunark expansion on Phinny now!
  7. Cranic01 New Member

Hahaha, ok there we go :)
  8. Machen New Member

They opened two new TLP's. It's probably going to help with server load. Maybe not in the way you want.

In all seriousness you are reaching the point where server load on launches shouldn't be a big issue any more. I don't think it's ever been a problem on any TLP post OoW, even the ones that had more pop than mangler currently does.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Dilf Augur

Mangler still has 4+ general chat channels every night, in the dead time waiting for Omens to arrive. This will be way higher at launch. It's hilarious that people think Mangler is dead because of Aradune. The only thing that server took from us are the cancerous tumors from Bloodthirst that no one misses.
  10. Machen New Member

I didn't say your server is dead. But at least judging from comparing the progress sites, you have half the guilds going into OoW that Phinny had, and that's before accounting for any Aradune/Rizlona drop (going off the Gates #'s). Phinny launch of OoW went fine, you'll be fine.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. That0neguy Augur

[IMG]

4+ you say?
  12. Starr Elder

Not sure how many guilds post their progress, but atleast 3 euroguilds havent posted on the site from what I can see. Oh, and I also think the OoW launch will be fine :)
  13. Machen New Member

There are guilds on every server that don't post their progress. That doesn't invalidate the whole exercise.
  14. Tymeless Augur

3 Euro Guilds don't update that I know of. We in PA haven't updated since PoP and we cleared GoD in 1 week I think it was. Progress sites are meaningless if you still routinely fill your raids and haven't had to recruit since velious. Mangler population is well beyond healthy. I'm sure there are several other guilds that haven't bothered to report their progress anymore either.
  15. Tymeless Augur

16. Machen New Member

I never said your server was dead. Just that it doesn't have such a high population any more that you would experience major problems on expansion launches. There were guilds that didn't report on Phinny too, and every other server that's had a progression board.
  17. Kiaro Augur

Big #1 reason why there won't be a problem with OoW launch.
    There are no artificial "duct tape" DZs in this expansion (or in the next)
    OoW was created with Anguish instances as part of it, same with MPG trials, there was no reverse engineering twine cardboard wings pasted on to these zones.

Now, the # of pickzones in WoS Is going to be another story, I'd avoid that place for a few days.
  18. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Don't forget the "omg, my guild is doing mpg trials, and we all went to different pickzones" tears
    Iyacc likes this.
  19. Kiaro Augur

I'm glad my guild has like 9 raiding bards, so we'll just make the best of selo's and mez as we transition between trials.
  20. Ayoheee Augur

Phinny GoD launch went fine as well apart from forgetting that Daylight Savings Time exists. Mangler GoD launch, despite Aradune/Rizlona already being open etc, was horrid with servers unplayable (5+min zone times and 90+pct chance of DCing on zoning plus random DCs) for over 4 hours.

Server population isn't the only thing that contributes to unstable server performance on expansion launches. On Mangler it was clearly a coding issue as the lag continued nightly until it was patched. The Aradune/Rizlona launch going pretty smoothly is encouraging at least and likely more relevant than a comparable server's OOW launch 3 years ago.