Evolving Gear Idea

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mazame, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Mazame Augur

I have enjoyed the new Evolving gear from both TBL and Tov. The idea that you put a bit of extra work into an item and it last a bit longer then the rest I think was a great improvement.

The next slot I would like to see is the Belt. Before you Judge hear me out.
    The belt could have a two slot 17 added that would be for belt effect. Currently we have
    [46589] Crippling Slicer
    [46591] Crippling Snare
    [46590] Treaded Boon of Potential
    [50839] Holy Soothing
    [39912] Overdrive Punch

[39662] Boon of the Seeress

Being able to pick the 2 you want to use would be a great way for people to custom their own belt. This would cut down the need to make so many different belts and yet still improve on the options.

It could also lead into other belt effect options.
    Ward of the Deviser: type effect would make a great option.
    Stun effect proc
    Rune effect proc
    Hate generator / Reducer effect
    Recourse effect: A number of old items that recourse effects that could be updated and added some examples would be:
    Wandering Mind Recourse
    Greenmist Recourse
    Shadow Vortex Recourse
    Shroud of Hate Recourse
    With so many old recourse effects the options could be endless. I understand the older effects would need to be updated to bring them into balance but I don't think the work to do so would be very hard as the effect already exist so it would be a simple copy and paste then updating the effects to current.

As we seen with the type 18/19 it give players a way to customize. Doing the belt I feel would improve on this aspect.

A cleric for example who felt they didn't get the full effect out of the current belt could go with a heal effect and mana return effect. or a heal effect and a stun proc to help protect them when they get heal aggro.

A tank that groups with a Slower may take a Damage effect and an AC gain effect. Where one that doesn't have a slow may go for the Slow / cripple effect.

People were asking for a belt bandoleer. In a lot of ways this would give people the option they seek with out having to swap out belts.
    Cadira likes this.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Don't lie Mazame...

...you're just trying to make me switch from my TBM Runed Belt of Boromas to a new belt ... which is still more dps on raids that the silly 5k add.

RUNED BELT OF BOROMAS FOREVER!!!

I will say that adding different things opens the door for certain classes to get screwed due to already have the procs via other means. And any list of possibles will have almost certainly have 1-2 these are just better types so unless the balance is near perfect (ha ha), the list is less effective in game than on paper.

Not opposed, just a lot of things to worry about.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No it wouldn't all those belts are still going to need to be created for those not interested in spending all that time evolving items.
  4. Fian Augur

Problem is, next expansion the 4 TBL evolving items will no longer be BiS. That means we are losing up to 12 type 18/19 slots. Personally, I would prefer to have those replacements given over a new evolving item that doesn't have slots for those augs.
  5. Cadira Augur

But the belts could simply not be actual evolving items, and instead just be the regular three belts but have two type 17 Aug slots or w/e to fulfill both ideas
  6. Sobmre Augur

howabout, make a quest that turns the item worn effects into an aa, kind of like the clicky effects.
  7. Triconix Augur

Unless gear on a presumably non level up expansion has a massive boost in stats, especially heroics, I don't see how TBL evolving items won't be BIS.
    Chopin.Xegony likes this.