Nagafen DZ and waiting for named giants to spawn

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nagash101, Aug 13, 2020.

1. nagash101 Augur

so i was told that in a Nagafen DZ you have a chance of named giants spawning if you wait almost the full 6 hours. is this a bug? is the a suspendable offense? my account was suspended while at key board and waiting for possible spawns that never happened. no one else was suspended but me.
  2. Thewiz Augur

If you were in an AOC generated zone who reported you for anything? That would be my concern if it was me.
  3. Elskidor Augur

Bot bans.
  4. KermittheFroglok Augur

I don't think it's fair to outright accuse the OP of botting. But I would suggest the OP be careful to watch where they /AFK. My gut is that the /AFK in an area that wasn't far enough away to be considered a safe "corner" of the zone. If no one else submitted a ticket then its possible the server flags <AFK> toons passively interacting with mobs (including any form of combat, even if you're just taking damage). If they have that capability then that might explain how they showed up.

If your log shows literally no combat or any mob interaction then I apologize for my post on the other thread and think you should seriously appeal the suspension.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Elskidor Augur

Oh, I was suggesting Dawpaw of having a bot program delivering bans without investigating. The OP might have been falsely targeted in this case. Who knows.
  6. Nuttmeg Augur

Did you have 3rd party software performing actions for you? Even something as simple as "scanning the map"/ watching for the named to spawn on your behalf?

Even without a trigger warning to summon you back to the keyboard (which is ABSOLUTELY unattended gameplay), I'd argue that simply allowing a 3rd party program to map- watch while you were afk should be bannable too.
  7. Healiez Augur

It is, but unfortunantly its use cant be proven.
  8. Nuttmeg Augur

Depends on the version, or so I am told. Certain windows based software (which also includes "special" tracking) is 100% detectable.
  9. Healiez Augur

Would love if that was true. Completely invalidates track and nothing more fun then non trackers constantly beating my tracker to mobs.

Oh look x just popped on track, sk already running straight to it.
  10. Sikkun Augur

Windows version is 100% detectable if DBG wants to. This is also the version most people actually use these days.
  11. Bullsnooze Augur

Any little bit of data (pun intended) can be traced reading/writing to memory - you just need to know what to look for. Don't let anyone try to tell you otherwise, because they will get you in trouble.
  12. Gheed Is not reading your response

Seems like a necessary evil for DPG at this point, just like another program on live servers. They let people use it so long that it is basically widely accepted. Any decision to ban players using it would probably ban half their player base.