Broken Golem should spawn in DZ and pickzones

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by McJumps, Jul 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trox2010 Augur

While I fully agree the mobs either have an either shorter respawn time or just spawn in DZs; I just wanted to point out that Broken Golem is a 30 hour spawn timer with a +- of 6 hours; it is never down for more than 36 hours. What is really going to suck is that I don't believe he spawns on server up but that is when his spawn timer starts, and which there being a very very very high possibility of Aradune crashing multiple times a day he may never spawn for the first month/month and half.
  2. Gemdiver New Member

Everyone knows this. The players know it, the devs recognize it, both with wizard and enchanter contested epic mobs on TLPs. There are internal dev tickets to look at the issue. They just choose to prioritize other issues as being more urgent and then wonder why so many wizards and enchanters quit TLPs during Kunark out of frustration. They still do not recognize that the spawn mechanics of broken golem limit the total number of wizard epics to 30-45 during the entire 90-day Kunark era while no other class, except enchanters, has a similar hard cap due to their mobs not spawning in DZs or picks.

From a dev resource standpoint, the easiest fix to implement is adding Cazic skin back to the game. Broken golem shouldn't even exist during Kunark - it wasn't added until the Fear revamp in Velious. Wizards who got their epic in Kunark got it by killing Cazic Thule and looting his skin. If CT's bugged loot table were fixed to include the skin, all these problems would go away because CT spawns in DZs.

Best part, it wouldn't even be considered re balancing or changing the epic - since the original Kunark experience (and what should be the TLP experience) involves killing Cazic, not the enraged golem. All that would be happening is making the TLP content more closely match the original content.

Unfortunately members of the dev team think that requiring a whole raid to kill a god versus someone camping 24+ hours straight in fear, followed by 5 guilds training each other, followed by a boring 1-group tank and spank mob would "further trivialize one of the easiest epics to get."
  3. Trox2010 Augur

Easiest fix is just flag Broken Golem as a spawn on server up like most raid bosses so then he would spawn in a DZ (it's the delay spawn timer on server up that keeps him out of the DZ). Then it is just a matter of readjusting the enchanter's mobs spawn timers to something a little more in tune with the shortened life cycle of the TLPs.
  4. Healiez Augur

Ohhhh the cazic skin... horror stories of 30+ kills with no skin... pretty sure theres a tigole rant about that.

I honestly feel like the chanter epic is long and tedious enough without those 3 bottleknecks... just add an npc lets call then zarina tomb and vessel krozzlin that dont despawn, the you can hail to spawn their counterparts.

For reference 7 hate clears no essence of vampire
    You have to camp 4 named mobs in 4 seperate zones that have placeholders for one step
    Have to camp ghoul scribe in guk
    Have to kill prince in chardok who for some reason is randomly devoid of his head..

Wizard epic you still have to kill phinny for a 1/5 chance of the staff and vs for a 1/3 chance at the other staff. Those numbers are low enough to where you can be royally fuxored by variance and if you only get them in dz you might not see one for weeks or months
  5. Xhartor Augur

I think you have the SK epic 1.0 confused with 2.0. The 1.0 doesn't have a clickie, it has a lifetap dot proc and 2 handed bash. It's also upgradable in VP, or by almost any raid 2 hander in Velious. It's shelf life on TLP is one of the shortest for a 1.0.
    McJumps likes this.
  6. chunk normous New Member

I cant believe more has not been done about this, the sk chanter wiz epics should not be such a nightmare on a tlp server. One thing I think they should do that lol would not help anyone in this forum but at least make you feel little better after all the none fixed stuff is move a epic request quest to kunark so you can at least feel proud of your cool epic even if its not used anymore by the time you get it.
  7. Kiaro Augur

Along side the paladin 1.0
    That being said, SKs have the benefit of just looking A M A Z I N G with their little emo sword.
  8. MAjere New Member

It would be nice to see any acknowledgement from a CS rep...
  9. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

You are totally correct of course. I WAS in fact thinking of the 2.0 there. Well there you go, all the more reason to make it easier to get. There is no reason anyone who can level to 60 in this game should not be able to obtain epic just because of time restraints. Reduce or remove them by any other means, but there must be a way for everyone to have the joy of obtaining their epic.
  10. merkmerk73 Journeyman

I'm playing a rogue in TLP, and played Wizard/Shaman on live 20 years ago, so I don't have a dog in this fight.

What I will point out is that the broken golem was introduced in order to relieve the bottleneck of Cazic's skin - now it's effectively the opposite - Cazic Skin would at least be DZable.

The difficulty of epics is now completely out of whack - it would be nice to relieve some of the crazy bottlenecks.
    McJumps likes this.
  11. shintox New Member

totally agree with OP, many bottlenecks like SK among others been fixed why not this? Lets say its 24H respawn that makes less than 90 wiz epics for the duration of Kunark, spawning it in picks and dz wont break the game you know
    McJumps likes this.
  12. Asfa New Member

13. yerm Augur

Epics are too common. ALL of them, barring maybe cleric because they made it far too good and therefore mandatory, should be difficult and competitive like a wizard's. Broken golem is great because his location means you cannot just poop below cab for 12 hours until a dps zerg; you have to either race when it pops or actively keep a lot of trash down.

Having an epic should not be some checklist todo, it should feel more like BiC and other similar quests. When everyone has an epic item that item is not really all that epic. Queue casuals and nagafen quote, I know, I disagree. There is a difference between being gated out of an entire aspect of the game (multi group raiding) and being gated out of an unnecessary chase quest item such as an epic.

As more and more vanilla and kunark content keeps getting washed down into easy acquisition, these expansions become even more stale. This classic era EQ experience gets really boring when you run out of long term goals to pursue.
    Wengi likes this.
  14. Aneuren Tempered Steel

For Mangler, I would wager that far more BIC quests have been completed than Wizard epics. My guild, which is not super competitive, has completed 15 with 2 more probable before end of expansion. I'm willing to wager the super competitive guilds have completed far more.

You raise a great point though. Wizard epic certainly should not be harder to complete than BiC. Players should not be be unable to complete their epics because of other players on a TLP server.
  15. yerm Augur

There is simply no way to have less wizard epics than bics unless you are not trying to do wizard epics. If you aren't even zoning into fear and checking, sure, it's pretty rough! Also, BiC is an "epic" for every class not merely one. It would be more analogous to something like regal band / SWC than to a single class' epic count.
  16. noseminer New Member

wiz epic would be far too easy if broken golem spawned in picks or DZ. Would be 2 raid drops (one doable in classic other has very high drop rate) and a fear DZ, would be even easier than rogue epic. The faction part is skippable by doing the first part of the shaman epic (it gives 100 true spirit which is all you need for wiz epic). I hate the bottleneck too but just removing it and not changing anything else is not the answer imo.
  17. Kodachi Augur

This logic doesn't work, old days you only had a fraction of the playerbase working on epics or even high enough to consider starting them. You may be competiting against 1 or 2 or possibly 10 other people on a dense server. Now? There was literally enough rogues to spawn a pick of lake rathe the first day of kunark on mangler. Just rogues. The least played TLP class.

You can do basic math to figure out how many epics will go out on a server. If you are bottle necked by a 3 day spawn on a 3 month unlock? Guess what, you get 30 epics total for the server.

I have a completed BiC aug, you know what I didn't have to do in any of the 137 steps? Compete over a 3-7 day open world no pick zone spawn with 180 other people. In fact the thing that could be the worst bottle neck (smith rondo) is not a bottleneck of any kind.

The original epics were never about the difficulty to do. People had to actually figure out the quests. There is no prestige in being player #4,565 getting your epic no matter how hard you want to poop sock it.

Honestly yes, I can see more bics having been done then wizard epics... the quest isn't that hard, its a bunch of random farming and convincing people to kill a couple dumb garbage loot targets. Apart from that, while gates is current content you get the 4 raid drop pieces like clock work once a week... but most importantly, you don't have to be a wizard to do it.

You want to know how you can tell if a bottleneck is still an issue for an epic? Its still bottlenecking people 5 expansions and a year later.

I watched 3 different people zone in for broken golem while I was trying to get the zerker epic piece for my dumb alt. An epic that took me 4 hours to do in gates... because thats what all epics should be that far removed from kunark and yet of those 3 none of them got it cause a 4th group did.

Not adjusting bottlenecks with release times is not what I consider to be a positive experience.
    Aneuren and Shintoxic like this.
  18. shintox New Member

Guess moving it from CT to broken Golem to make it "easier" back fired, at least make the Golem spawn in pick or dz
  19. Lejaun Augur

Is that a question or a statement? The answer to the question is yes, they did train people and they did train an epic mob turn in away from the people trying to engage it. If it's a statement, then your answer is a lie.
  20. Vorshayla75 New Member

I don't think train means what you think it means there ace
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.