Against EULA to afk inbetween rare spawns?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Adobebodi, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Captain Video Augur

The point of the matter is that they're doing exactly what they said they would do pre-launch, have a much greater quantity of GM enforcement than has existed on previous TLPs. Financial problems no, since these GMs are being paid. If you don't like the ruleset, you're free to roll on a different server where GMs aren't actively checking zones.
    KimchiGoddess and Skuz like this.
  2. nagash101 Augur

Well the lashing out at customers is only gonna cause more financial problems and piss people the off, people will cancel accounts over this stuff. I was suspended for literally doing NOTHING. I was helping a guildy PL another toon while my box waited for DZ spawns and i missed some kind of tell or say or something and i was suspended for it. My bad for not using tell audio alerts or something that i could have seen when not looking at that monitor. Also i had been checking that toon every 15 or 20 min to look for giants so my window of opportunity to respond was VERY SHORT apparently.

Now i have to use my other account to submit a petition to see if i can get the silly suspension lifted, that all by it self is crazy. If i didn't have two accounts i would need to create a new account just to submit the form. Now i will miss a raid on that account and it might be the last time we hit that content for a long while with Kunark releasing.
  3. Rizlowned Lorekeeper

or you could detox for a week and come back a day into kunark reformed from whatever it was you were actually doing. i doubt a gm would just hop into someone's DZ willy-nilly and suspend them for no reason. plenty of other things they could be doing, why go for you? hmmm
  4. KermittheFroglok Augur

Lesson in a nut shell.

AFK play = not okay. Pretty easy concept, if you need to leave your computer then camp or go somewhere mobs won’t be. If you are camping a mob, be at your computer like you’re supposed to.

I’m VERY HAPPY the AFK rules are finally getting enforced. Kudos to our GMs for their diligent progress in remediating the issue, I haven’t been inconvienced by an AFK plat miner for a couple weeks now and it has been glorious.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

6. Bewts Augur

If they’re your primary healer, I highly suggest you do ;)
    Nennius likes this.
  7. Healiez Augur

While they are at it the should take a stroll through paineel...

Usually a few bards standing at the skele and snake tri spawns afk farming with chords
  8. smash Augur

Easily avoidable, ghold on for pet, passive merc, fd or log out.

Reaction as when you go over a road, where you look to both sides b4 crossing, unless you wanna die, just like you dont wanna be suspended/banned.
  9. Healiez Augur

Pet ghold wont exist on this server for almost a year...

Basically if you are a pet class log out
  10. svann Augur

According to the eula you can be afk so long as you are not attacking anything, your pet is not attacking, and nothing is attacking you. If you got suspended for merely being afk without any of those then the GM was wrong.
  11. Machen New Member

If you are having financial problems, removing sources of revenue for reasons that have never before been an issue seems a pretty foolish move.

Apparently now, if you are afk with a pet out, even if you know the mobs you are camping won't respawn for the next 10 minutes and you'll be back at your keyboard before then, or even if you are sitting at a safe spot in an instance where no pathers will ever go, you aren't safe because GM's will summon mobs onto you and if your pet attacks they will suspend you for unattended gameplay. If this is the future of enforcement, if they aren't facing financial troubles yet, they soon will.
  12. Sikkun Augur

Every time a ban wave goes out we get a couple threads of someone claiming they have never done anything wrong in their lives but we’re so unfairly victimized by the company. While the rest of the time we have new threads almost daily complaining about all the bots, warping, automation, etc. never being stopped by GMs.

It’s funny how few of people seem to get suspended unfairly compared to the amount of complaints about people cheating.

But I’m sure your innocent. Just like everyone else who gets banned is innocent.
    KimchiGoddess, ttin and Duder like this.
  13. Mandalore93 Elder

Honestly their enforcement is all over the place and their methods are pretty amateur at best. They seem to be going solely on player based reports. They have no back end detection systems for it as far as I can tell. Not only do they lack any concrete proof most of the time but they often don't even send a tell but put something in say. Which frankly is basically a trash chat channel at this point. Especially in some camps when the NPCs spam that channel ruthlessly. You miss the chat and it doesn't matter what actually happened - you're taking a nap.
    Adobebodii likes this.
  14. Nuttmeg Augur

OP, did you have 3rd party "tracking" software set up to alert you to when the named spawned?

Functionally, sitting on top of a spawn point with a merc or magician pet whose combat sounds prompt you back to the keyboard is no different then sitting a few yards away from the spawn point with map software sounds prompting you back to the keyboard.
  15. KermittheFroglok Augur

NO. You are cherry picking the policy and guidance.

It is not permitted for an account to be played unattended or AFK.

If you need to be away from your PC for longer than a few seconds please move your character to an empty corner of the zone or log out completely.

If a character, including any pets or mercs, is found performing actions while the user is away disciplinary action will be taken against the account.

Disciplinary action for unattended or AFK gameplay can include, but is not limited to; account warning, account suspension, and account termination (ban).

Any form of "play" while AFK can be considered a breach of the policy, red seems to be the policy, blue is what they ask you to do, green is what they say they will do, but they aren't limited to green, red is the real rule.

They want you to move to the "corner" (outskirts?) of the zone away from where people play (i.e. likely means NO CAMPS or "safe spots" near camps) in addition to not interacting with anything. Re-reading this I could see the GM argument that being in a dynamic zone/raid instance counts as play, since you're supposed to be raiding.

From a system performance standpoint I actually think they should just kick people AFK for excessive periods in dynamic zones to relieve system demand. But I still think suspending isn't a terrible idea (if they clarify they'll do it), because it eats up resources to have AFK people just sitting in instances doing nothing.
    Adobebodii and Skuz like this.
  16. Mashef_8013 Elder

Good to see mages/necros getting handled. Not one mage/necro has never not been AFK farming CGS, Gabby, Frenzy, Arch Magus.

Want a solution:
    Never release a classic TLP again. Just go straight to Classic/Kunark or Trilogy. This basically makes mages/necros and their AFK farm irrelevant.

Also to avoid AFK bans you can roll monk and you can FD where you want since its impossible to play the game AFK when FD. You can also achieve this form of greatness as a SK/Necro if you kill your pet off.
  17. svann Augur

Yes red IS the policy. And sitting afk is not unattended gameplay so long as nothing agros you. The other parts in green/blue are just suggestions so you dont get in trouble for violating the red text. If you are claiming that "waiting for a spawn" counts as gameplay then you are really stretching to make a point. And if you want to get into technicalities, its not unattended if he is tabbed out but listening for agro. Listening is attended gameplay since you have your attention partially on it.
  18. Trebor Journeyman

OH LOOK! Another 50 necro sitting on a rare spawn spot, and bragging about winning the DPS race, no doubt with the bugged envenomed bolt spell. (Out dps racing wizards, working as intended :p ). No doubt using 'enhanced tracking' to let you know just when it will respawn to the second, or if there's any other named you can steal from level appropriate groups :p

Such a shame that you were suspended unjustly. IF ONLY there was some spell a necro had to remove all aggro, and prevent spawns from aggroing you OR your pet. Kind of like a possum playing dead. They could name it play dead, or, 'fake death'... hmmm feign? Something like that would work yeah. They'd ignore your pet too! Just perfect for when you actually afk, for realsies.

Enjoy the suspension and late start to Kunark =D

(I may be slightly bitter about everything being camped, and everyone just being a JERK about the dps race policy)
    KimchiGoddess and Skuz like this.
  19. Nuttmeg Augur

I almost agree with your statement with the following caveat: if you are boxing with the software that does the kiss assist thing or whatever, your are ABSOLUTELY in violation of unattended gameplay if your box group is automated, up, and ready to immediately respond the instant you are attacked (no matter how unlikely), even if you aren't at your keyboard.
  20. Gheed Is not reading your response

If were at the point where watching Netflix in-between spawns and then hearing yourself getting hit as a trigger to tab back over and kill a mob is "afk camping something" then we are truly lost.

It is DEFINITELY a matter of ban first ask questions later on Aradune. I find it funny all these white knights are totally fine with anyone and everyone getting banned as long as the end result means they dont get KSed at their camp by "botters".