Changes to the Necromancer Epic 2.0 in the August 2020 Update

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Aristo, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Please don't comment on caster damage focuses if you don't understand how they work and how little you actually get from them. Caster focuses add damage to the end of the calcuation based upon starting damage.

Using Kizant's web app and standard wizard fire rotation and zero adps, going from no sleeves focus (the fire focus) to current raid focus (85-123% listed on gear ... 104% average) gives a ...

... 16.02% increase in dps (for the rotation I picked, about +23k dps). And that's the best percent it gets. Because once you start adding adps, you realize that nearly all that increase isn't affected by it. Add Great Wolf ... and you get ... a 23k dps increase no sleeves to sleeves ... etc. The latest bump in sleeves from TBL raid to ToV raid gave ~2k dps.

I don't know what the change in damage with a melee not having cleave or ferocity or sharpshooting is, but given that those increase chances for critical hits, double attack, and ranged accuracy ... it's an apples to oranges comparison. I'm guessing you get more from them than casters get from their damage focuses though.

Caster damage focuses are rounding errors in today's raid parses.
    kizant, Szilent and Sancus like this.
  2. Ibudin Augur

Good ones are always ahead, 2-3x is a stretch though. A good Rogue and Zerk of equal gear and proper ADPS, on a long event - like Kael for instance, can hang right with Necros, giving necros the edge in the end. Necros are only DPS - we should be at the top, or always fighting for it.
    Jein-ko likes this.
  3. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

2-3x is not a stretch, especially on the Kael events
    kizant, RPoo, menown and 3 others like this.
  4. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

And this nerf won’t change that fact. So eventually he has to fix his wrong and he won’t be reversing this change.
  5. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Your necros are performing poorly (or supported very poorly) if they are getting caught by ANYONE on a long event. Even before the current dot revamp.

But stop with the "necros are only dps" falsehood. You never ever go solo stuff on your own away from raids? That's not "only dps", that's being able to be your own group. Wizards can do that ... in 6 year old content ... with burns up ... every 15-20 minutes.
  6. Oldnecro New Member

all these necros complaining about going from #1 dps to....#1 dps lolz
    Vumad, Venau, kizant and 2 others like this.
  7. Cicelee Augur

Serious question(s)-

A necromancer's best DOT that is cast on a raid named does how much damage crit and non crit (approximately)?

Also, a necromancer's worst DOT that is cast on a raid named does how much damage crit and non crit?
  8. Szilent Augur

Uh, wizards get owned on sub 60s fights. The long battle & multiple targets thing just exacerbates the situation. I don't know where you're going with this, though? Are you "salty" because those factors make your OP class OPer so you're getting attention you don't like?
  9. Ibudin Augur

I'm super OP, I'm like god mode as a necro, always have been before change and after change. I don't design EQ classes, I just picked one I like and stuck with it. I have zero influence on how the chips fall with any class (wizards). If you look back on this thread, I am fine with dropping the epic (had a good run), I've already made my changes to my set up, and all good with the results. If you looked back long ago I was against any update or changes to necro dots due to the Shaman and Druid debacle. I make due in all situations. I have more than one tool in my tool box.

If the necro is so OP to you, why not main one?
  10. Szilent Augur

This is all fine stuff -- so why take a shot a wizards?
  11. Szilent Augur

There are very few non-crits to witness (I saw only 152 from 3 necros in a full ToV raids clear this week) unless the dot ticking was cast by a now-dead necro, like this:
    [Sun Aug 09 17:45:38 2020] A restless ice shade has taken 21960 damage by Pyre of Klraggek Rk. III.
    The rare living necro non-crit ticks are 120-240k damage.

Klraggek's Pyre crits 6-800k normally, up to 4M/tick with burns. It ticks 7 times.

on the other end I can dig out some log lines of a necro clicking their Icesliver Chill earring dot :p pretty sure they were trolling.

The lowest base damage dot that has some legit application is Necrotizing Wounds. It ticks for 30k while it's working toward its Proliferation that ticks for hundreds of k. It's on the real thin end of legit, though.
    RPoo likes this.
  12. Tolzol Augur

Unless I’m a bad zerker all the sudden, 2-3x the damage is a very real thing currently especially on kael. And that’s just from my parse I’m sure it’s worse on a necros self parse lol.
    Skuz, Funky and RPoo like this.
  13. MrDudeGuy New Member

I've seen good Necros do 1700K - 1900K+ dps on Kael events. Rogues or Zerkers aren't touching that.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

Are good rogues and berserkers doing damage on 4-8 mobs almost constantly the entire event? Or are you comparing single target dps and 48 seconds of AE dps at 25% with almost a constant 4-8 mobs dotted and claiming apples to apples?

You don’t ignore what necromancers do but you also don’t pretend it’s a 1 to 1 comparison either.
    Kase and sauron3030 like this.
  15. Fintank Augur

Some of you are too self-centered to realize perspective with this change. You are almost quite literally being brought down to what others have to deal with. Except in your case you still get to keep a slight edge over everyone else.

Passive DoT Crit Chance (+1% from DoN):
    Bards - 36%
    Beastlords - 36%
    Druids - 56%
    Enchanters - 34%
    Necromancers - 62%
    Rangers - 36%
    Shadow Knights - 36%
    Shamans - 56%

Passive DD Crit Chance (+1% from DoN):
    Bards - 41%
    Beastlords - 41%
    Clerics - 58%
    Druids - 58%
    Enchanters - 58%
    Magicians - 58%
    Necromancers - 58%
    Paladins - 41%
    Rangers - 41%
    Shadow Knights - 41%
    Shamans - 58%
    Wizards - 50%

Welcome to the fold of having to actually coordinate multiple things. I hope you have as much fun doing it as every other class has had!
    RPoo and Xyroff-cazic. like this.
  16. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

So I’m guessing you don’t understand necromancers at all, our critical rate was one of 20 things we juggle at once. And your listing one factor of a bunch that impact each class. Like Druid’s get a 375% mod from enchanters that no one else really does. Wizards get a 51% increase to critical rate for 55 spells. Or that most melee run at least 42 seconds of insanity under 4-5 mods. The massive difference being multiple targets and doom dots not just critical rate. Or that bards, beastlords, rangers and shadow knights all tack on lots of melee on top of spells. It’s clear FQ doesn’t understand necromancers or what parses are actually capturing so keep your opinions out of the realm of fact please.

The issue isn’t this change the issue is this change doesn’t balance the current issues and will only be unneeded when he actually solves the balance issues he created by revamping dots poorly and after they already had been via AA.
  17. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think wizards got an additional 2% Not AA-related crit chance at late velious era(or early luclin?), I remember crits from before I got any crit AAs. :) but maybe those are included in the 50% ?
  18. Kase Augur

Most agree that in raid environment necros do a little too much damage. But name 1 of those classes under your DoT crit classes that is supposed to be able to solo most content as necros have too, as they have hardly anything to add to a group environment and need the ability to solo. Most mobs die within 30 secs in groups. They need that extra umph
  19. Fcseven XIII Journeyman

Well it's been a good run. RIP necro epic 2.0
    Jein-ko and sauron3030 like this.
  20. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

paladins are useless and theyre on his list....but they still suck at soloing =) well, most of them anyways