AFK Checked and Suspended while in DZ

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by JohnnyBgood, Aug 13, 2020.

1. JohnnyBgood Lorekeeper

I popped a solb DZ as I do every week so I could kill Tranix and a few giants and maybe efreeti if he spawned on DZ up. As most people know Tranix does not spawn on DZ up you have to wait for him to spawn.

Zoned in my with my box, killed the roaming giant and the two side giants. I checked and Tranix was not up of course. So I went afk in the safe area waiting for him to spawn. I had no pets up and no mobs were around to aggro me.

I go to take a poop and come back and am disconnected. My two accounts are suspended. I check the character logs and sure enough a GM came in and afk checked me and suspended me.

Why in the world are afk checks happening when you are not killing anything?
    Pumpernickel likes this.
  2. TLP Addict Augur

Coming soon, AFK checks in the Commonlands tunnel.
    Boze and Machen like this.
  3. Thash Zoner

Are there ban quotas? Some of these episodes make a person wonder.
    Adobebodii likes this.
  4. Bullsnooze Augur

There is likely more to this story - leaving a few things out are we?
  5. Cicelee Augur

If you popped your own DZ and no one else was in the zone but you and no one else could enter into it, why would it matter to anyone if you were AFK for fifteen minutes or whatever?

I have a feeling there is information being left out, incriminating info at that. Unless I am completely misinterpreting the scenario, it just feels like... why would a GM care in this situation?

I could see if it was open world, or a pick zone where others could be in it. But your own personal zone? Unless the game has too many zones open and they want to boot AFK from their own personal zones to lessen server load. But gosh even then I cannot see being suspended for that, just a kick to servee select.

Something seems fishy...
    KimchiGoddess, ttin and Skuz like this.
  6. JohnnyBgood Lorekeeper

I dont know what else I can add there is nothing more to the story.
  7. Baldur Augur

If being AFK is enough to be suspended then everyone in the tunnel should get a suspension ASAP.

I do this every week with a solb instance, if this behavior is suspendable/bannable then I guess I'm in trouble.
  8. nagash101 Augur

I was also suspended last night doing the same thing. strange part was the Tank that was with me doing the same thing, WAITING, did not get suspended. What the hell can we do when sneaky GMs ninja tell you at 9:30 at night while you have a 6+ wait for something. absolutely silly that a GM would do that and let guys that are absolutely AFK farming named mobs all over the place do it for MONTHS and MONTHS.
  9. Baldur Augur

10. svann Augur

Maybe they are using bot gms now?

hehe sorry. yea thats not right
  11. ForumBoss Augur

Maybe this is a consequence of the incessant complaining on forums about lack of gm enforcement. Is this enforcement contained to aradune, or infecting other servers?
    ttin and Rizlowned like this.
  12. Redgnome1 Lorekeeper

This is funny if true
  13. KermittheFroglok Augur

They make it clear in the policy that if you’re AFK you should be on the edge of the zone away from where mobs can be. No offense but you need to learn and accept you broke the rules, they’re finally enforcing them, and you got caught.

It’s common sense, don’t AFK. If you need to leave your toon, camp or teleport to somewhere like a city, PoK, or Guild Lobby/Hall/Housing if you can. It’s not hard to camp, just takes 30 seconds of you’re out of combat, loading back up is quick if you haven’t logged out.

Good luck, shouldn’t need it if you learned from this.
    code-zero likes this.
  14. JohnnyBgood Lorekeeper

Most likely you do not understand how DZs work. Mobs do not respawn in them. If you spawn a DZ and log out like you suggest the DZ instance will close and any timers you are waiting for like tranix in this case would not spawn. The solb DZ puts you right at the fire giants, clear 3 of them and there is no risk of any mobs aggroing and since you are in DZ none will respawn.

I hope this small lesson on EQ TLPs has helped you.
  15. That0neguy Augur

Are you just making up policy now? Because that's no where even remotely close to how its stated.

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/e...y-on-AFK-or-Unattended-Gameplay-in-EverQuest-

Sounds like he was in an empty corner and not performing any actions.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If the OP is being genuine perhaps the GM are simply checking every AFK player who is in a combat zone, DZ or not.

Need more than a few seconds AFK, log off or get out of the combat zone I guess.

Aradune has a problem with AFK farmers so the GM are on the war-path, some folks may well get caught up in the fight against the AFK farmer. if anything suspensions like these should serve as a warning, don't play EQAFK at all.

GM are just doing their job
  17. Febb Augur

You better start playing with a laptop on the toilet and a mini fridge near ya bud. No more poop socking, we're going the sanitary route.
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

Put a toilet in this and you're golden.

[IMG]

And in this case, you would most assuredly be hardcore.

P.S. I want to thank an unnamed dev. for the photo of his home office.
  19. YourJobNotYourLife Elder

The DZ will stay open the entire six hours unless you close it. Everyone can log off and when you get back you will still be in the DZ in the same location. So, you do not fully understand how they work.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I don't think all dz work like that, I recall logging out in a fresh Qvic DZ & came back around 17 minutes later & it had closed, so I am guessing at least one will boot you after like 15 minutes.