Against EULA to afk inbetween rare spawns?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Adobebodi, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Adobebodi New Member

Suspensions are flying lately. Here's another suspension story.

Just spent my evening farming for Molten Cloak. About 2 hours into the camp a necro comes along and tries to steal it, stating I've been afk anyways so he was obligated to. I did admit I was semi-afk inbetween gabby spawns (It's EQ, duh), but sure let's dps race for it (it's EQ after all). I'm running timers on spawns, and afk when nothing is up. A few minutes before pop I'd come back and do the DPS race rinse repeat. A few DPS races later (I'm winning them yay) I get disconnected, and viola, suspended for cheating.

I should note I play a ench/clr, and I was really rubbing it in to the necro who tried to steal my camp when I'd win a dps race (no profanity or anything, just calling him a crybaby and who got rekt and needs tissues etc). Didn't do any automated gameplay or anything, when I got attacked I'd be nearby to hear my speakers and nuke the mobs down (occasionally would let pet do all the work since so much higher lvl).

So anyway.. Is it against the rules to afk in between spawns or something?
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Nope, just bad GM enforcement if your story is accurate.
  3. Adobebodi New Member

I'd say it's accurate of course, but we all would. I am just bored waiting for kunark and this happens, I never got suspended or anything before and bam I get it over this. So ridiculous, what changed? I've been through all sorts of toxic insane situations in agnarr, coirnav, phinigel and never anything. Then this is what gets me suspended. Are the assigned GMs to this server really that braindead?
  4. Qbert Gallifreyan

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/230629007-What-are-the-EverQuest-Rules-of-Conduct-

8. Unattended Gameplay

It is not permitted for an account to be played unattended or AFK. If you are going to be away from the computer for more than a few seconds please move your character to an empty corner of the zone or log out completely. If a character, including any pets or mercs, is found performing actions while the user is away disciplinary action may be taken against the account.
    smash, Vildainn and code-zero like this.
  5. RizLoaner Elder

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/e...y-on-AFK-or-Unattended-Gameplay-in-EverQuest-

Their rules have it as longer than a few seconds. No matter what anyone posts here they can and will suspend/ban for you being away from the keyboard or screen while you do anything besides sit in an empty corner of the zone.
  6. Adobebodi New Member

Omg wow, so because my pet was out I got suspended. Alright well thanks, lesson learned.
  7. RizLoaner Elder

At this point with the plethora of petitions they have to deal with, especially on TLP, they just ban first and ask questions later.
    Adobebodii likes this.
  8. Adobebodi New Member

That seems true, so I imagine that they're only going to get more and more bogus petitions now. Every time there's a camp dispute or stolen pull or something there's going to be a petition lol and a chance the GM will come along, rubber stamp a suspension, and move to the next one. Better be careful out there gents!
  9. Paradisic_parasite Elder

The mages/necros that afk 24/7 at every popular named spawn need to be dealt with.
    Adobebodii, Duder, Vildainn and 3 others like this.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

Pet class + sola + level 50 = nobody has a shadow of a doubt what's going on 98% of the time
    Lilliee likes this.
  11. smash Augur

This is cheating, and it is stated in the rules. AFK killing.
    Duder and CatsPaws like this.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You all would not need to sweat this if you only afk'd in the lobby................for now:D
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Moral of the story, AFK camping is a playstyle that is not in the spirit of the game but one you've become accustomed to & rather arrogant about & when you sneer at other players they may report you, because you are afk'ing in an active camp spot but mostly for being a d**k about it.

Enjoy your suspension, I personally think you earned it.
  14. Bullsnooze Augur

They are slowly disappearing.

There was a sneaky SOB Mage cheater setup in South Qeynos that would kill a few vendors on repeat. I reported him and now they are no longer there.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Bewts Augur

There’s a grey area with that last statement on speakers nuking and letting pet do the work that probably got you in trouble.

Also - if your pet is killing any trash that’s around while you’re AFK, that’s also an issue for inattentive gameplay - even if it’s not something you’re actively trying to but simply a byproduct of you camping something else.

Also if you’re automating keeping a charm pet while AFK such that you have a program that charms on break, simply being AFK at all while that’s happening is considered inattentive by the narrowest of interpretations. It can also be argued keeping a pet on charm lock while AFK is zone disruption because you’re keeping something away from others be it intentional or not.
  16. nagash101 Augur

So if being AFK for any amount of time is a suspend able offense they need to start cleaning house in the Commonlands on all the characters that are running log parses with audio alerts for items auctions they are looking for semi AFK for day and days at a time.
    Or anyone looking for quest mobs that are 45+ min spawns or 8+ hour spawns. That kind of suspension is silly and shouldn't be happening.
  17. Machen New Member

The way things are going this week, I would not be at all surprised to hear of people being suspended in the lobby for receiving buffs while afk.
  18. TLP Addict Augur

Does that mean I can report people for watching Youtube/Netflix while in a group and being slow to react?
  19. Adobebode New Member

I really don't care about the suspension. I don't care what you think I earned either, but thanks. The point of the matter is DBG seems to be lashing out, financial problems maybe?
  20. Adobebode New Member

So if you get caught letting all the pet do the work, miss a tell or GM message, or sit in DZ afk then youre cheating and can get suspended. Got it