Next expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Andarriel, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

whats people thoughts on next expasnion? coming out on time or delayed? i myself am ready for the next expansion but with the virus and people leaving im not sure whats gonna happen maybe delayed a bit.

Andarriel
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The next expansion hasn't been announced yet, the last one was announced in October last year so we are probably 2 months out from learning about it. It was also released in December so we are 4 months out from its scheduled launch. At this point it is impossible to say what the status is unless they let us know.
  3. svann Augur

I expect no delay. Beta late Oct, release early Dec.
    Reason I say is that work at home is not difficult for coders afaik, and also people probably have more time to work on it since many are on lockdown. Just a guess tho.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

I think it likely that it will include more collectibles.

From the patch message for Test.

"*** Previously Updated ***

- Fixed an issue where one set of next year's collectibles were dropping from creatures in Mearatas."
    Gyurika Godofwar and CatsPaws like this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I am thinking it will come out in late December.
    No level raise.
    ToV part deux
    Gyurika Godofwar, Metanis and svann like this.
  6. Bikmer Journeyman

Thoughts?

Take your time, do it right, and content is king... need mega content! :)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

They'd only be doing expansions each 2 years & charging twice as much for them to achieve that with the current team's resources. I think we are lucky we still get expansions even though they are fairly small in scope versus older expansions they do manage to fill them with lots to do.
  8. Metanis Bad Company

I could see my needing to buy a new video card for a revamped Wakening Lands....
  9. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

My thoughts are I am contemplating leaving the raiding guild I am in since with the way things are going I should be able to solo the next expansion raids.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I eagerly anticipate the video of you soloing the next expansion's raids in-era or the one of you eating crow.
  11. KermittheFroglok Augur

I suspect it’ll be the opposite. With Burning Lands we all complained that the content was too hard and too many zones were locked behind progression, now we have an expansion that’s a little too easy, hopefully we’ll get something more in the middle next but more likely something too hard.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Leve raise only happens every other year now anyways but yea part2 tov maybe even part 2 tbl.

Andarriel
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yes it needs more tree!!!

Andarriel
  14. Zerker1231 Lorekeeper

They teased about TOV in june of last year actually by saying there will be a level increase and again in august. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...rs-letter-late-summer-2019-discussion.259197/
  15. Buster_Shruggs Augur

I'm waiting for H.P. Lovecraftian creations to invade Eq... Call of Cthulu anyone? :)
  16. Stephen51 Augur

My bet is TOV 2. No level increase. Other area's of Velious but unlikely to open all of the zones.

What I'd expect to see is a tough expansion, akin to the second part of Kunark (ROS), substituting content for road blocks).
    What I hope to see is progressive rewards based on risk, quests/missions that are fun (fun for the players, not the devs. If I do it once and never go back, it means its not fun). XP gains from game play. I'd love them to go back to the model where opening zones are easier, and difficulty increases through the tiers, culminating in an end zone for groups to obtain top tier, and unique items.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

**Hears the cries of the EQ animators NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not tentacles!**

Though they kinda went that way with shiliskins in DoDH already (which bore similarities with illithids), I personally love the Cthulu Mythos and the general cosmic horror theme but Discord/discordians kinda fit the demonology aspect of fantasy quite well & at the time was a huge departure from the traditional D&D fantasy tropes EQ had been going with up until then.
    Buster_Shruggs likes this.
  18. RangerGuy Augur

Can’t wait to hear some details about this years content.
  19. Buster_Shruggs Augur

Yes. I thought about DoDH too as being as close as EQ has gotten to H.P. Lovecraft. And you read my mind about Discord being akin to the cosmic threat that Lovecraft's universe presents. Personally, I think Cthulu and that pantheon would annihilate Discord! I am anxiously waiting for the new HBO(?) show next month.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Lovecraft Country, yeah was hinted at some 4 years ago that this was in the works, Jordan Peele & JJ Abrams involvement piques my interest too.