What's this?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CatsPaws, Aug 12, 2020.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

A headline?
    Corwyhn Lionheart and CatsPaws like this.
  3. Riou EQResource

It's Disney dumping a Fox owned Game Studio because they've moved to only Licensing their IP out (in the Video Game realm)
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Shouldn't have much of an impact on EQ since they broke the studios into their own groups. It will just be another game under the DBG umbrella. Interesting concept though, I could go for shooting some Aliens!!
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

6. Qbert Gallifreyan

I mean, adding something to the all access pass would be nice, but LoTR isn't part of it and Daybreak started publishing that years ago, so /shrug . . . who cares.
  7. Riou EQResource

It is more likely to be since they own the studio rather then Publisher
  8. jeskola pheerie

Can we replace some of the Discord aliens with these ones?
  9. svann Augur

But Planetside and DC Universe online are still on the all access. Not a certainty, but still possible.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

Anyone else read the title of this thread and have a "Nightmare Before Christmas" moment...or is that just me? :D
    dreamweaver likes this.
  11. Coagagin Guild house cat

Naw, I saw DGB picking up a fairly cheap property in a questionable (gaming) neighborhood.Gaming has always been notoriously fickle to please, EQ not being any exception there.

Its a little risky and definitely out of date to be working the 'Aliens' theme so long after the movies have well faded from the public eye. Perhaps DBG had their eyes on some cool tech to be used in the long run.

Time will tell.

- Coag
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Alien Isolation (2014) was kinda cool
  13. Coagagin Guild house cat

Six years ago and the company was founded a year after. Do they have anything else going for them?

- Coag
  14. Qbert Gallifreyan

Well, the most recent movie was 2017, so there's that, I guess.
  15. Tucoh Augur

xenomorph illusion when?
    Winnowyl likes this.
  16. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Imagine if all the money they are spending on this, was spend on everquest instead...
  17. Bobokin Augur

Well, ... it was paid for with that money. :eek:
  18. Angahran Augur

Been saying this about money from EQ being wasted on pointless other titles for about 20 years!
  19. Nennius Curmudgeon

JChan discusses this, and other topics of interest, in her recent interview.

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/704467915
  20. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Wait. Are we talking about this property?:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens:_Colonial_Marines

If we are, this game has the distinction of being the biggest bomb title the cancer known as Pre-sells ever laid on gamers. People couldn't get refunds quick enough - and it was Gold out of the gate if I'm not mistaken - sight unseen.