Araduners who switched to Rizlona.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Trizek, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Trizek Augur

How is it? Any regrets?
  2. Healiez Augur

Zero, havent looked back
    jeskola and Aneuren like this.
  3. Hinastrom Elder

Generally a mistake unless you're boxing your own group. I play there, pickup groups are on the rare side.

I'd advise people frustrated with the inevitable shitshow that will be aradunes kunark launch to just tough it out, unless they want to 3+ box on Riz instead.
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

There's a reason it's a 1 way option.
    TrollMan likes this.
  5. Healiez Augur

Most likely because of how different the ruleset is.

You know how easily one or two people could obliterate the economy of Aradune by going to rizlona, box team farming tons of loot, then transfering over? Now consider that dozens would do it. Farm vox/naggy with their box team, boom suddenly aradune has people dragon loot cornering the krono market.

People think boxing freeti/frenzy/lord is bad for the economy.... try dragons/gods. The reason it works on rizlona is because more than 1 person does it.
  6. Kahna Augur

I didn't switch, but I did roll a box group on Riz for the downtime and play on both servers. I would never recommend a solo player make the jump, unless they are happy to bring up their own box group.
  7. Aablan New Member

Not really all that many pick up groups on Aradune at the moment either. It's very late in Classic; Kunark opens in a week. Quite likely the worst time on either server to be LFG.
  8. Healiez Augur

It also depends on your individual playstyle.

If you enjoy playing one toon, sitting in a group chatting and watching netflix while you play then Rizlona is not the server for you more then likely. While it is possible for solo players to get groups, you will have much more success on Aradune, there is no arguing this. Personally this type of player is the reason I prefer to box. While not all of them are like this, I have had groups wipe because the chanter/cleric/tank was more interested in what was going on outside the game then inside. "Oops, was looking at my netflix and didnt realize you were so low teehee". Also with kunark coming out, and 3 months of classic, if you were to start now you would have issues finding a group. Right now people have pretty much finished leveling their toons and alts and are waiting. When kunark comes out they will be getting all their toons and alts to 60. The window for low level groups has unfortunately passed.

If you, like me enjoy playing multiple toons at once then you will more then likely enjoy rizlona more. Truebox is annoying if you dont bypass the server rules so you can use third party programs. Having to switch back and forth between monitors, even with a KVM is cumbersome. Not to mention playing one toon is abysmally boring for me. Lets be real, EQ isnt a hard game, especially when you are playing one toon. Target the mob, hit 1 maybe 2 keystrokes and thats that. I also have more fun boxing with a few other boxers and seeing how far we can push the toons. Low man raiding is a blast in my opinion. Seeing what your team is capable of killing, even if its an expac old is the most fun I have ever had playing this game. A good box group with a competent driver behind it is pretty impressive too. If it werent for some obvious tells you would swear it wasnt a box team. I will also say that AoC's have significantly increased the enjoyment factor for me. If it werent for AoC's I would probly be on Aradune TBH, Those box teams typically have open world mobs on lockdown. Even though this is hardly different then the servers "top" guild refusing to let anyone kill anything.

So to each their own, most boxers are actually super chill. There is a stigma surrounding them because a select few ruin the reputation of the many. The boxers on Rizlona are not the same as the boxers on Aradune, who seem to have a singular goal of farming as many krono as possible regardless of the means. All but one of my interactions on rizlona have been positive regarding box teams, I cannot come close to saying the same for Aradune, and I only played that server for 2 weeks.

Edit: Also, in a week get ready for queues and horrendous server lag to return to Aradune.
  9. RizLoaner Elder

I know most people really only play the first few expansions but if you're thinking long term and want to do anything after PoP and before SoD rizlona might be the better choice. Before mercs come around in a group setting you'll probably find the server that boxing is much easier on will be the better one for grouping. Yea it's a few years in the future with the unlock schedule but something to be mindful of as you get closer to the expansions like PoP and Luclin that start dropping gear and items that last in near perpetuity.
  10. RizLoaner Elder

This toxic and uninformed post is the reason folks who play on Rizlona just come to the forums for a good laugh. Open world dragons die within minutes of spawning and plenty of folks do AoC's at their own leisure. Talking about how much dragon loot a server with AoC's has is kinda funny. Thanks for the laugh this evening!
  11. Healiez Augur

Thanks for helping to prove the key difference between rizlona and aradune players.

Rizlona has a very nice population, and we dont have queues and lag. Also hope you enjoy it coming back in 7 days, cant wait for the forum crying from Aradune players " waiting in queue for 4 hours only to zone for 10 minutes into a crash!"

Different rulesets appeal to different people, for some reason Aradune players consider themselves superior because of the playstyle they enjoy, and just love coming to the forums to spout that nonsense.
    jeskola, Aneuren and RizLoaner like this.
  12. Lionari Elder

Yes, because players could then power level alts and farm special items with their box groups on Rizlona; then transfer them to Aradune, and sell the items. It would negatively interrupt the economy of Aradune.
    Rizlowned likes this.
  13. Gremin Augur

I know for a fact that a lot of my guildies are single players, including myself. If you are lfg, talk to sindria she is constantly putting groups together at all kinds of different levels. If interested in a solid, experienced raid guild that does not rush things, look us up at dhs-rizlona.com
  14. Pumpernickel Lorekeeper

It's been tough. What I wasn't ready for was the skill level of Rizlona players. It is NOT just automation. I've been kicked from a few groups for not being able to hang with them which was a new experience. It's definitely eye opening to see the huge skill gap between the average TLP player and a Rizlona EQ god. I even found a guy who can play his 12 characters better than I can play my one character! It's been humbling :(
  15. Fluid Augur

I've been playing for years and the better informed coupled with high skill level of players in the current game is something that I've had to rationalize. I have hit the TLP servers pretty hard with a lot of game time but nothing like some players have done. Today's players have dealt with all the problems with what goes on with a new TLP and have adjusted their play styles accordingly. They know all of the little out of the way spots and strategies for leveling.

Just got the blurb in Guild Chat that we may be raiding Sky this weekend. I thought back to the last time I was in the zone and it was while doing an Epic on a Live server maybe 8 years ago? Sheesh! People in the guild have probably raided Sky a hundred times on 4-5 different TLP servers in that time. They know the zone like the back of their hand. I haven't been there in almost a decade so I've forgotten just about every aspect of it. I kind of accept I am not the smartest guy in the room. I also accept that compared to a lot of people in game I'm riding the short yellow bus. :)