No Fix Planned Breakdown in Communication

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Tavaren, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Tavaren New Member

Good day I am posting about a possible break in the questline 'Breakdown in Communication" From Gates of Discord currently I am unable to continue with the questline and not quite sure what step is not quite working , in the achievement window it shows that I am up to step 10 in the quest were I need to speak to Fezbin Fizzles to receive the a jagged blood shard but he will not speak to me saying I still have others to help now I talk to the three other NPCs involved and all but one says I have everything complete or give me no other items except Vaifen Cogswin who gives me the Depleted clockwork power pack for the batteries in Tipt but their in lies part of the problem now thinking ill just go finish up that part a second time and see if it fixes the questline I can get all the batteries except the D battery from Rikabi the Riddler since he wont hand me the battery even after 2 run throughs since I am assuming the quest in achievements has me as I completed it already. So now I am currently stuck in a questline I cannot complete
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Try saying "I need to rescout Tipt" to Fezbin Fizzles, and then redoing the Tipt portion of the quest.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

And being able to zone in over lv X does not count as being flagged, so if you haven't done a flagging event because you can zone in it's not enough.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  5. Tavaren New Member

other post is not mine and ill try the rescout tab for fezbin just weird after a few runs rikabi never gives me the battery for solving the riddle
  6. Tavaren New Member

only thing that I can see that bugged out the quest is I forgot to turn in the complete power pack to vaifen I just used it to make the robot and get the report but due to that it says quest is complete so cant get last battery from the riddler hopefully the rescouting tipt thing will work
  7. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

That is precisely what you missed then. Handing in the Fully Charged Power Pack to Vaifan is what finishes your flag for completing the Tipt section. Saying "I need to rescout Tipt" to Fezbin will totally reset your progress for Tipt. I'd recommend deleting your Depleted Clockwork Power Pack before telling Fezbin you need to rescout Tipt. Then speak to Vaifan again to obtain a fresh Depleted Clockwork Power Pack, and the Riddler should recognize what step you're on and give you Power Cell D.
  8. Tavaren New Member

ok thank you all for the help seems after some more digging I got it fixed
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

While this quest is particular and does not have many checks for people trying steps out of order, we're going to leave it be for now. While it's not an ideal user experience, it's not technically a bug when players do things out of order.
  10. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

A developer who no longer works at Darkpaw once told me how he hated this quest because it was so long and complex and full of "fun" issues.

Anyone attempting this quest should be informed (hopefully by fan websites and/or Darkpaw forum) off the bat that it is going to be difficult and there will be problems. It's a very old quest and the code for it must be very very long and complicated and not something anyone would want to touch unless they had to.
  11. Froglok Augur

Some info for those who may need it...

If you are stuck or are have a flagging issue, try saying to Fezbin "I need to rescout XXXX" (with "XXXX" being the zone in question).

Also BiC is heavily connected to GoD progression. I don't think you have to do stuff in the intended order, but you do have to do it all at some point.

Perhaps the hold up is missing some progression tasks / missions? I think if you talk to Kevren Nalavat in Kod'Taz, and say "Progress Update" -- his responses can help you figure out what you need to do next.
    Rondor and CrazyLarth like this.
  12. PunchDrunk New Member

While I understand this is an old thread, its still relevant for those old players trying to backtrack an achievement flag or new players having to deal with this on a progressive server for the first time.

Ironically, I just completed this part of the quest recently and ran into a few issues as well. However, the issues were not about bugs but simply following instructions to the letter. In other words, diligence is key. Understanding/knowing what must be done step by step to any of the GoD quests is paramount. In the end, Everquest does not serve simple experience on a silver platter, you must earn it.... and why I keep sticking with the silly game!
    Rondor likes this.