Changes to the Necromancer Epic 2.0 in the August 2020 Update

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Aristo, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Jumbur Improved Familiar

So, how are necros on test without their epic, versus, how they were before the necro dot-revamp?

As mentioned earlier: the dot-revamp and the epic-nerf should be viewed as one complete package... is it still a nerf when viewed that way?
  2. feigntrain Elder

Bard, Shaman, and SK epic are not required to be equipped for the last 16 years. How do you not see the difference?
  3. Sobmre Augur

all you had to do was make it a clicky effect with a timer.........god damn you all boned this as well. just wow
  4. Troutfest Augur

I would think just a bit more heads up on adjustment would have been nice to allow folks to plan a replacement strategy. A week really isn't a lot of time to plan out what to use next, other than What do I have in the bank?
  5. feigntrain Elder

Yeah, this post is about keeping it relevant only close to era. So I am talking about the same thing. I'm not asking for it to have a usable focus effect at level 115.
  6. smash Augur

You know as well as everyone else that necro are way too powerful with the epic, and it had to go.
    And it has been the subject many times b4.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. smash Augur

Well, did other people get longer time, when EoK weapon procs got changed.
    And other changes.

You have 1 weeks, thats more than enough time, You can do all ToV missions 3 * 7 times. Get new raid weapons with coins/drops, make new weapon with TS.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, I know this. OP was making it sound like there was something new. He said "PLUS now I have to do the Epic Request just to get an aug for the appearance" so its not a special additional aug - its the one that has been there for a few years. And that is why I was asking....trying to figure out what he was talking about.
  9. smash Augur

NO.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Neorott New Member

An equal outcome view point kills games. It does. I quit playing two other MMOs because of over balancing. The classes need to be unique in order to remain interesting and fun. Just because something works doesn't mean it's not fun and certainly not broken. If two caster classes have the same damage output...then why bother? Seriously.

I thought the Necro epic was a trade off. If you want the focus effect you had to sacrifice the high end stats of newer gear. No one forced you to have the 2.0 it was a choice.

I saw someone complaining that the necros top the dps charts and my response is, so what's your point? A Necromancers uniqueness was high damage but it was over time, you had to wait for it and you had to like that play style. It suffered in group situations because the dots wouldn't reach their full potential before the mob died. But was absolutely necessary for soloing and raids. And necros were supposed to be the the best soloing class.

I think they should make a quest that once you get the 2.0 of any class, you can get an epic augment that lets you carry the effect forward to newer gear. I really wish the Rogue epic was usable... And no there doesn't have to be a downside. I think that would a new level of enthusiasm to all classes.
  11. sauron3030 Elder

So when will you be nerfing the rest of the epics to make them worthless?
  12. smash Augur

At least necro got a cool looking weapon aug, beastlords are bad.
  13. Kiaro Augur

They're already worthless at the levels under discussion, for the intended level ranges of 2.0s the Necro epic is as powerful as ever.
    Skuz and Syylke_EMarr like this.
  14. Ibudin Augur

How do you not see the difference that the necro was ok with wearing it for its effect, we didn't care about the loss of stats - they were insignificant, we used. And no kidding you get the complete functionality of the epic, while its sitting in its bag (via a click)...exactly what I am saying. Now we can click the epic from our bag, and get a cool looking red skelly that does 1dps pop out of it. Awesome.
    Venau likes this.
  15. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I expect that this change was planned from the moment they started the Necro DoT rework and was included in the overall damage increase calculations.

As has been mentioned: does this change reduce Necro DPS to below pre-DoT Rework levels? That is the only metric that matters now. I doubt the answer will be yes.

This is a good change. Any change that moves a decades old item from "required" to "optional" is a good change. And, yes, I also think that any other epic that is viewed as "required" should be looked at as well.
    Yinla and Skuz like this.
  16. sauron3030 Elder

So are SK and shammy epics, not sure how many others.
  17. Zerker1231 Lorekeeper

You really didn't think necros could just put up 2-3 times the damage of everyone else in a raid and nothing would happen though right ? This won't be the last change for necros in the next few months if we're being honest about the state of the class compared to others. I don't want nerfs, but one class cannot do 2-3 times the damage as others in a raid.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. smash Augur

A trade off, dont make me laugh, the amount of hps/mana such is like 4-5%, the amount of damage is like 400k dps more or less, I am melee, give me that amount any day of weak, and I would take it, and I take damage from melee due to be in range, necro dont
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Kase Augur

Not just about raids... its about an ability of a necro to solo most content because many like this type of game-play. Necros arent a ton of help in groups as most mobs are near dead when their dots kick in. If they didnt have this type of damage then soloing would be very difficult and as I mentioned about grouping they do very little so where does that leave the necro class? Unable to solo or group.
    Mind you my main is a beast I just recently rolled a necro with his epic and I can already see how this will hurt the class.
  20. Ibudin Augur

400k DPS? wow peoples math skills. Necro solo on an hour exp lesson, most likely runs around 300-400k, maybe 500 if your really giving her DPS total, that's over an hour so you can factor in your big nut burns in there. So 400K DPS with epic alone would put us where ??? Negative? ouch.