Overseer thoughts

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by disclose, Aug 12, 2020.

1. disclose Buffz, slowz, & healz.

I get why people don't like it and why others do like it. I don't care either way really. When I came back a few months ago after being away for 2 years and researched it, I was like "GREAT! I can finally get the Staff of Forbidden Rites without doing a ridiculous amount of old raids!" and proceeded to grind out the currency I needed to obtain the Brews. Got the 63 brews, to be disappointed in the fact that I still needed to do a ridiculous amount of raids to actually get Old man Mackenzie to actually get him to sell me anything.I realize this was my fault, as I should have asked someone about it more. My question is this...

Why do you offer brews as reward for the exchange of these Overseer Tetradrachms if you still need to do a bunch of old raids to get him to sell you anything? I might as well have just begged people on Cazic or my guild to help me grind out the raids he offers, I don't see a point in offering an exchange of one currency for another if you still have to waste a massive amount of time to impress some old drunk dwarf in order to obtain an item.

I kinda feel like he should have been updated along with the release of Overseer. Grinding out 111k Overseer Tetradrachms should be way more impressive to that alcoholic than beating Vox 63 times or doing all the nonsense to get flagged for a Crystallos raid or any of the other old raids you need to do.

I'm probably alone on this, and that's cool.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I thought you just had to beat naggy & vox once.
  3. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

You only need to beat Vox once to unlock the staff on him. To be flagged for Vox you need like 6 or 7 old raid wins to get the flag to do Vox. I think any raid from Solteris and up will work for it. Crystallos is easy to plow through with 1 or 2 people tops. You don't have to be flagged to enter Crystallos only to request the raid, so you can have someone else request it for you if needed and clear the zone in an hour or 2. Then just do one Vox run and you can buy the staff.
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

i like overseer except for when i lose all my quest like i did earlier all 5 gone its so random though. right now i use over for collection for my ranger.

Andarriel
  5. disclose Buffz, slowz, & healz.

That's the point, why offer the currency as an exchange if you still have to do all that stuff? I feel like he should be updated. It offers really no benefit, in order to get 111k Overseer Tetradrachms, takes a while unless you dish out around $25-$30 in DBC and use them to finish missions. I should have just done his stupid missions over and over for a month, no time is saved at all, buying the brews. Plus having to find someone flagged for Crystallos, which is a PITA in itself.(I'm almost flagged, except Octa the Collector is never up, so I can't finish the quest) I started my Shaman around 5 years ago, NOTHING in game that offers a 90% rez should be this difficult to get imo. Not even a battle rez item. It's not like there's a huge line of people waiting to do any of the stuff you mentioned in 2020.
  6. Monkman Augur

It’s really not that hard, unless you’re on a server like zek with 10 people playing it shouldn’t be difficult to knock this out.
  7. disclose Buffz, slowz, & healz.

Don't quote me on this, as it's from memory and what I've read in my research and from others...You get 1 brew per OMM raid. And you can exchange what loot you get from the chest for 2 brews. So you're still looking at the very least 21 raids from him if you don't get it as loot from the chest, and there's like a 12 hour lock out for his raids. Even if you Evercracked 24/7, it would still take roughly two weeks, longer if you play less. From other Shamans I've spoken to, they grinded it out in a month or two. In reality that doesn't sound bad, but anyone that's done these OMM raids doesn't exactly have anything good to say about them.
  8. disclose Buffz, slowz, & healz.

Have you've ever done it and got the Staff? I've tried on 3 servers, Vox, Xegony, and now Cazic. NO ONE wants to do this stuff.
    Tatanka likes this.
  9. Monkman Augur

My shm and dru both have the staff, shaman did it the traditional way ~2yrs ago farming brews, my Druid got his a week after overseer was introduced albeit this was when the brews were ~1900 tetras each or something super low.

Feel free to log on Xegony and shoot me a tell.

Druid is Ataco
    Shaman is Ataca

I can meet in pok and equip the staff for you to see if you like.
  10. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Did this on Phinigel, about 6 characters for Vox and Nagafen. Usually ran 3 mage, 2 necro, 1 enchanter. Sometimes we would have an extra character or two and throw in a cleric or shaman.
  11. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

You're right not many people are doing this now a days but like Darchon said, you can do Vox with a group. I'm sure there's some others looking to buy the staff now as well though since you can get brews from Overseer. Ask around in general if anyone can request Crystallos for you, I'm sure someone on the server can do that. If you're on Povar send me a tell, I'll even clear the zone for you. Getting a group for Vox might be a little harder to get but ask around, I'm sure you can find a few people to help you with it. All of it can be completed in a night. We did Vox/Naggy a few times when overseer came out to help flag people/alts to buy it.

Doing it the original way you still had to do the raids at least once and then farm brews from the group missions/raids until you had enough brews. Overseer bypasses the endless grinding of the Monster Missions but still requires a little bit of work to get. Instead of hours of daily grinding Monster Missions you can now run Overseer while you sleep to farm brews. I would of much rather did it the Overseer way vs the countless guk missions it took to get mine.