Changes to the Necromancer Epic 2.0 in the August 2020 Update

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Aristo, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Riou EQResource

The compensation was built in to the DoT revamps
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Necro's doing 2-3 x the damage of any other dps class at 105 will be impacted a tiny bit but they'll still be lording it over everyone else post dot revamp.
    I will get shouted at as I don't play live but this amount of difference seems way out of whack so something to bring that down a peg is not bad in my book, I'm guessing that more changes are still in the pipeline so I'm not yelling for nerfs here just thinking that some more balancing is good.
    Coagagin likes this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yeah they got it already, and in boatloads.
  4. Szilent Augur

but so did SK, though? ~2x stronger version on themselves

I guess mostly that doesn't stick out to me as "two effects" because the "stronger on me" model is kinda widespread. Bard BP, ranger Cheetah, some others
    Gyurika Godofwar and svann like this.
  5. svann Augur

At any rate, its good that you are still thinking of the long term health of the game. So many doomsayers saying that there is no long term, its nice to hear that contradicted. And like it or not, I think 'everyone' knew that it wasnt right that necros had to keep using it.
  6. TheStew New Member

Aristo,

Since you’re communicating on large Necromancer changes here, can you also outline your continued plans for the Necromancer DoT revamps? Will pre level 70 spells see consolidation like other classes?
  7. Yendar Augur

Necro's will now switch to 2handers with procs, and have a tbl and tov challenger dps proc aug equipped. They were over 100% crit rate most of the time anyways. With proper adps they will be doing more dps.
    Duder likes this.
  8. Ozadar Elder

You want to make up for necro epic being taken away, reduce our mana cost on the new spells. I cast 2 lines of dots and i'm nearly out of mana at level 115 with nearly complete tier 3 gear and max AAs. Old spells, maybe 15% mana loss. That's what made me the maddest about the spell revamp.

Now you are taking my epic effect? Epics are useless now. in the time you quest for it, you can heroic yourself to 85 and get 15 levels in a week. Epics are dead.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Every other class has to contend with proper mana-management throttling their damage, why should Necro be excepted from that? They still have an easier time managing mana than probably every class besides Shaman, and just because you had it so easy on managing in the past doesn't automatically mean it should stay that way forever.

Cruise & sustain
    Burn & deplete

As it should be
    Vumad, minimind, Nadisia and 4 others like this.
  10. Duder Augur

Equip something more than non-prestige? Mana and resource management is a staple for all classes and always should be. You should have to think about your mana and how you use it.
    Vumad, WeezFv and Skuz like this.
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I know of a handful of cool but very rare items with unique effects. I'll be sure not to mention them in the future. :p
    epicnecro likes this.
  12. Venau Augur

Oh this is perfect. New group makup:
    1) Druid
    2) Bard
    3) Necro
    4-6) CHANTERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I knew we'd eventually get our way:p
  13. Almathy New Member

Hmm... On the subject of DoTs.. Could you please take a look of hastened decay in Necro focus AAs? It costs many hundreds of AAs and now after DoT revamp(finished yet?), the swift lines of DoTs don't get the benefit of the AA anymore.

Also for these 12 sec duration swift DoTs, are they still useful?
  14. Krosus New Member

Oh come on Necro's, you know this was gonna happen eventually, a Necro can top the DPS meters handily on most every boss fight, mechanics not withstanding and by a fairly margin no less. I need a degree mathematics and a stopwatch to hit everything at the right time for maximum effect on my Zerker lol.
    Vumad, Duder and Skuz like this.
  15. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

The one part of the equation everyone is forgetting is that necros give up a LOT in their primary to wield the 2.0. Thousands of hitpoints, stats, effects etc for the DPS.

Also find it so interesting how all these non-necro classes are all calmly sipping their tea nodding at how good this nerf is for the game. Eventually they will come for you too my friends...
    Emarra and sauron3030 like this.
  16. Ozlaar Journeyman

Ozadar, this wasn't a spell revamp this was a nerf that they have been wanting to do for a long time, but it was sold as a revamp to make Necros think they were getting something that would make us happy. Well, we got NERFED! The Dev's never liked the Necro class and what they have done to it now shows just how much they didn't like them. We can't keep up with mana regen, spells are subpar for the amount of mana they use. The nerf to the epic is not the last nerf that we will see. Hold on to your seat for the ride because it ain't over yet. o_O
    sauron3030 likes this.
  17. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

I would also like to add for all the Berzerkers chiming in you guys need to eat a piece of this STFUcake and sit in a corner.

Daybreak why are necros getting all your special attention but Berzerkers have been stupidly overpowered for YEARS? Have you seen what they do vs named in ToV? I'm guessing everyone on the dev team for both SOE & DB plays a zerker cause that's the only reason I can think of why this OPAF class has never been "revamped" over all these years.

Seems like a complete joke that radical changes necros are experiencing and berzerkers, a broken stupidly OP class, get a pass every time the dev sniper rifle looks for a class to "revamp".
    Vumad and sauron3030 like this.
  18. Soul931 New Member

Zerkers were nerfed years ago. Decap used to hit for so much more and more often. You're behind on the times if you think Zerkers haven't has their share of nerfs
    Splittin likes this.
  19. Tolzol Augur

I mean are you talking raids or group game? Because on raids i, as a zerker, haven’t been able to top parses consistently since EOK (not saying we should just saying to point out we are not crazy OP). Currently i have necros doubling/tripling my total damage on raids not including the line that’s getting revamped in this patch. Group game is the way it is for zerkers due to our dissident. Which if you pull fast pace and not one mob a minute zerkers are just slightly ahead of evenly skilled rogues/mages/monks (poor wizards could use some love) not tripling everyone’s dps.
    Skuz, RPoo, Ibudin and 1 other person like this.
  20. Moege Augur

I have to wonder about this related to other class epics that still are in use today.
    Bard, Berserker, Cleric. Rogue, Shadow knight, Shaman

The click on these epic is also a forever effect. All of these effect is a must have and not nice to have.
    Umber and Venau like this.