Trouble finding groups on Rizlona, thinking of canceling.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lifetapp, Aug 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trox2010 Augur

One thing to consider if you do decide to try and reroll on Aradune is that the server is going to be a huge dumpster fire when Kunark launches for at least 2 weeks (more likely a month). DPG hasn't done a damn thing to fix the server issues, so if that is what drive you away from Aradune the first time you will really want to think about that before rerolling back onto Aradune.
  2. Lifetapp New Member

A valid point. I tried to get into Aradune initially but it was a huge pain in the , rolled a necro on Rizlona and was enamored by how OP the class was in classic. Soloing Specs level 37 specs with relative ease when you are 29 and not twinked? Something I could have never conceived of when I had a SK main back in the luclin through LDON era. Anyway I have moved to Aradune, already bought 2 krono and decided to go back to the SK route. I have observed some poor tanking (mob positioning), aggro, and pulling in my limited time back to EQ and think I could can make a name for myself as a tank/puller on the server. Cheers.
  3. Kahna Augur

But you paid a lot more for them than you would have on Aradune, and there are far more krono for sale on Aradune. For what you paid, in time and effort, for your 50 Krono on Rizlona, you could have purchased 100 krono on Aradune. Competition vs scarcity is what drives the price up.
  4. Hinastrom Elder

And it would of taken double the effort or more to get the currency/items to buy krono since you can only box 2.

Obviously it's easier to find krono for sale on Aradune, but I often wonder, overall, which server is easier to make krono on, because there are alot of factors that go into comparing it.

You can actually find usually heavily contested stuff open on Riz sometimes. I doubt that's basically ever the case on Aradune.
  5. RizLoaner Elder

From all the posts here it sounds like I would have a tough time finding any camps that yield platinum open on Aradune unless I was boxing 2 necros. I can't log into aradune and solo plane of hate instances for gems or AE zones for fine steel / gargoyle eyes. I've never camped a high value camp in Guk or Jboot 's or any of the named in SolB. I wouldn't have even farmed up 10 krono on aradune because I would be forced to group with people which would siphon away drops to either 3 different people or 5 other people depending on the box situation. I couldn't farm tskill drops efficiently and I would have to compete with 2 boxing necros everywhere. Krono are 4600-5000 on aradune currently and gear sells for a lot less than it does on Rizlona. If i was on that cesspool of a server having to deal with all the Karens then I wouldn't have near as many Krono as I do now. It's a joke to farm platinum in classic and you don't need a single high value camp to do it either.

The reason there are far more Krono for sale on Aradune is people don't have the plat to buy them. There is no point sitting on platinum on a progression server and you're a fool if you don't turn all your platinum into Krono as soon as you can. Krono always go up in value, platinum sitting in your bank isn't earning interest. Either people on Karendune can't afford krono because they can't actually camp anything of value or they're to inept to realize that the 4500-5000p that they could spend on a krono will be 2-10x as much depending on when they feel like selling that krono.
  6. Zynt Augur

People were one-person boxing full raid groups when full raid groups were still 50+ people originally. Sam Deathwalker, the folks from Paradise of Nameless, random Joe with a two PC set-up who wasn't on dial-up. It's more common now but it's always been a thing.
  7. Kahna Augur

I mean, I can farm a Krono's worth of saltpeter in a few hours on Aradune. I have actually, though for my own personal use. And finding camps open isn't as hard as the whiners make it out. I may be a bit cold hearted though, as I don't think a group that is incapable of taking a camp away from a pair of necro's deserves the camp in the first place.

Additionally, what good is finding a camp open on Rizlona? Gear is worth pennies, so even getting a good camp is unlikely to net you a krono's worth of gear to sell unless you are there all day. It takes 10 GEBs to buy a Krono on Rizlona? That's a long haul at efreeti.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

So then is Rizlona the closest we're ever gonna get to the krono free server some purists keep asking for? I mean if its not really worth locking down the hot gear for them...
    code-zero and RizLoaner like this.
  9. RizLoaner Elder

A good camp on Karendune is normally worthless on Rizlona if you consider GEBS to be the end all of loot. You could make more plat out of Runnyeye on masks/belts/weapon/amulet than you could at a GEBS camp. Fine steel and gargoyle eyes out of mistmoore along with all the random loot would net you more then GEBS camp at most all points outside of the first few weeks of classic.

It's the typical Karendune style though, there's only 1 or 2 camps in eq that matter and we're all going to come to the forums to whine about necros sitting at them. Killing trash (rats/liches) in plane of hate can net you thousands of platinum. Every black sapphire that drops was ~1000-500p depending at the time you got it in classic, if you bother to work jewelcraft past 160 that black sapphire turns into 1500-1000p. People got platinum and krono by :gasps: just playing everquest.

People on Rizlona can just go out and play the game because there's plenty of loot in every zone 20+ that someone will want to buy for an alt. There are very few people who sit on the same camps for krono for weeks on end. With box crew there are so many pick zones and people can even force their own pick zones to get gear they want and spend their cash on things they don't want to farm. The right tradeskills yeilded massive amount of platinum throughout classic. To work research to 119 it's less than 2000p, even cheaper if you farm all the saltpeter and sulfur yourself. People were paying 200-400p for each mage pet , lich, allure etc.

There's a lot more to Everquest than camping GEBS or as Karendune will probably complain about in a week camping King & Emp in seb. It's nice to be able to enjoy the game and being able to buy any drops you need with just the plat you get off your fine steel drops while doing exp or camping named. Couldn't think of a more enjoyable TLP than Rizlona which will have staying power long after truebox wears old and the server dies out before mercs as you rely on people who never planned to play EQ past their classic-pop experience.
  10. dreamweaver Community Manager

Alright not only is this thread not headed anywhere, we're dangerously close to some rules being violated and that's at a quick glance.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.