Kronos farmers monopolizing camps on Aradune

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ethyre, Jul 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greasus Ogrejesus New Member

Crazy that Krono-farmers monopolizing certain camps bothers people to the extent it does. If its because of the RMTs, RMTs in EQ is not new, not novel; in fact, it's been around since '99 when one could buy plat and items (and accounts) off EBay, PlayerAuctions, and MySuperSales (run by the infamous "Yantis").

Back during original EQ, we had no /pick. You ran into LGuk and learned it was common to have the same solo 50 necros with a DW dagger pet sitting at Frenzy, Lord, or King. Honestly, you knew where that item or the plat earned from selling it in EC, GFay, or NFP (depending on server) was going. You wanted that FBSS, you had to earn the plat to get it. Or your level-appropriate group did their best to brute-force the camp from the soloers. Point is, no different than it is on TLPs.

As for Freeti, I believe it took 1.5-2 groups to get to that camp in Classic (at least that's what I recall). And then you sat there until everyone who needed got their GEBs because you didn't want to do that again. More importantly, it was unlikely to even find them for sale by players in game. And, it wasn't until mid-Kunark (when Classic content became a bit trivialized), on my server anyway, that you had a shot at finding the camp open if you wanted it for yourself. At least on Aradune, you get your GEBs for 2k (which is easy to make) or have an opportunity to get an open camp. Case in point, my enchanter buddy and I duo'ed Freeti for our GEBs several nights during primetime EST in a row...yes, the camp was either open or a group just wrapped up and left it to us. The availability is there.

Last, on the topic of RMTs and Krono farmers, in my, admitted, ignorance, I don't know if the "uber" guilds were selling loot drops in their IRC channels which were later converted to RMTs. But, they probably were - at least the PoH/PoF armor that may rot given that all bosses were OW contested targets.

In the end, if you let RMTs sully your Classic experience, you're doing it wrong. It doesn't affect you as bad as you think.
  2. Stune Augur

and your wrong, pretty simple right.
  3. dreamweaver Community Manager

This thread is turning into people attacking each other. If you've submitted a petition related to this issue could you please send me the petition number?

This thread is locked.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.