Guy 54 boxing on Mangler selling raid loot openly, isnt this a truebox server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by GeneticsBoss, Jul 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auedar4lyfe New Member

I think the purpose of this post has 2 sides, where both sides are right, but they are making a completely separate arguments.

Yes, with the Truebox code/implementation, and the programs that you are allowed to use with it, as long as you are not performing unattended game play it isn't breaking the terms of the Truebox rule set. From a Truebox perspective, there is nothing wrong with broadcasting software from multiple computers all to a few main ones, probably one. There is no problem with automatic scripts/macros that will automatically run a character, as long as it's attended. Since Phinny, players have learned what the GMs will and won't allow, and found something that allows them within the Truebox coding restrictions to be able to have massive bot armies again, that are attended. So, basically, in Everquest with the Truebox code they threw up a few roadblocks to stop massive bot armies, and after several years people found ways around them that still abide by the rules. At the end of the day, no one is arguing that either. They are following the rules, as they stand right now.

So, these bot armies are following the Truebox rules as they stand right now, plain and simple. Arguing that further is stupid, besides the point, and detracts from the main, and only, REAL contention.

The one and only purpose of the Truebox ruleset was to stop large bot armies. That was the spirit of the rule in the first place.

A real world example would be that you want to stop people from stealing cars, so you make it illegal for someone to break into them. That works for a few years, but then a few people find a way to find holes in the security by using software/hardware (skill), like easily replicating a key fob, and they can just open up the door and drive off. Now, this person wouldn't be breaking any laws, since they didn't "break in" to the car, they just opened the door. But they are still getting away with the one thing you intended to stop in the first place, which is stealing cars. (There are plenty of flaws in this example, but hopefully you get the gist. Don't use the flaws as a strawman argument please.)

Truebox was meant to stop large bot armies. Large bot armies are happening, and we all know it. It's very possible to adjust how the Truebox rules are enforced. As it stands right now, it's not working.
  2. jeskola pheerie

I am sorry, but anal_retentiveness does not apply to that particular post, please try again.
  3. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

It does to the reply I got.
    Sorry I had to explain.
  4. YourJobNotYourLife Elder

This whole post and your examples are terrible. The stuff that's being done is still against the rules on non-rizlona TLP servers.

The better analogy is there is one cop for 1,000 criminals. doesn't mean crimes aren't being committed It means there's no resources to deal with them. And even then the cop probably doesn't care anymore because they're all paying his salary anyway
  5. Machen New Member

It must scale to players then, because I've been in quite a few raids where dozens of lines were missed.
  6. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

They really aren't. The GMs just aren't enforcing the rules on Mangler/Coirnav for whatever reason

7. dreamweaver Community Manager

This argument seems to be circular and isn't headed anywhere positive. If you've petitioned about this issue on coirnav or mangler please send me a message with the petition number and which server.

Thank you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.