Trouble finding groups on Rizlona, thinking of canceling.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lifetapp, Aug 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nolrog Augur

That's the problem. You can't just sit there with LFG flag up expecting to find a group.

Go to a relevant zone and send tells to people, do you guys have room? Or start your own groups for other people LFG. I knew a guy on Combine that was always in a group, he would start out, group looking for more, have SK and pet.

You may want to look at a class that is more desired in groups. DPS often has issues, but tanks and healers are typically always in demand.

Are you in a guild? Guilds usually have groups going and are happy to add other guild members.
    jeskola likes this.
  2. Healiez Augur

I agree with 90% of this and want to add a touch.

First off, I see a lot of people trying to make the perfect group, they pass on people to try to get "the best".
    A ranger tank is better then no tank if the group breaks up cause they get bored
    Any dps is better then a charm pet if the group breaks up trying to find a chanter
    A druid or Shaman healer is better then a cleric if the group breaks up trying to find a cleric.

Any exp is better then no exp.

The only thing about "healers always being able to find groups". I have actually found the opposite to be true in the past. LOTS of players box, and LOTS of players box clerics. Unless they are willing to drop their cleric for you thats a spot taken. While some people are willing to drop boxes, lots arent.

Getting a good reputation as the following classes can earn you groups moments after logging in.

Bard- A good bard is actually very rare, and a good bard puller can drastically increase the amount of exp you can earn this is especially true a few expansions in

Shaman- Shaman are the most busted class in this game, and a good one trivializes so much content.

SK/Pally- Best group tanks hands down, and a good one makes life so much easier. Sorry warriors, stick to raid targets (warrior main btw).

Enchanter- Another busted class in classic, and a good one will trivialize exp camps. Who needs to single pull when a chanter can lock down half a dozen mobs at once. Problem is, there are A LOT of chanters in this era of the game, so you REALLY have to stand out. Clarity also increases the number of mobs you can kill

Granted playing anything well and being a decent person will make it so people will want to group with you, but certain classes do have an advantage.

Finally find a guild, establish yourself as not an idiot, be friendly, and you will get spots in groups fairly easily. On my SK last TLP I would usually get tells within 2-5 minutes of logging in for a spot in a group.
  3. Kiaro Augur

Your primary issues have nothing to do with Riz (which was surprisingly easy to get groups on)
    1. As others have stated you're behind the curve for leveling, there are rushes each expansion, Riz was a medium pop server to begin with, and its curve has died down since Kunark is only a bit away. You'll see another wave at Kunark.
    2. You're not a super desired class, sadly the "meta-turds" try and run groups into the dirt with their mentality of "BRD ENC MNK SHD CLR MAG" or go home, If you're not a "meta" class you form your own groups, I've never had an issue doing this in classic era (although I tend to play tanks, so I'm already the hardest to find piece of the puzzle)

I'd suggest to stick with it, things will pick up in a few weeks, necromancers are a bit more sought after in kunark, and try and find a guild, guild groups are great.
  4. lePER New Member

You wonder why you don't get groups when you roll as a solo only class?
  5. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

He says about the literal best group DPS class in 70% of the meta Classic XP zones.
  6. Torrok Journeyman

But it's much harder to find a group with DPS. With my necro/shaman combo on rizlona, the shaman gets way more tells to join groups. If there isn't room for the necro, I'll work them in after someone leaves
  7. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Meanwhile on Aradune if you put LFG up as a 33 Necro you'll often get multiple Lguk invites in less then 5 mins.
  8. Kiaro Augur

Not very useful since 90% Of those groups are sitting at the zone line arguing about what camp they should try to get.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  9. Lifetapp New Member

When I played during the Luclin through LDON era I had a SK main, I would get invites to tank. Once I learned a zone, like velks or BOT, I would start putting my own groups together. The truth is I don’t know Lguk, CT, or CM as those zones were dead when I started playing, everyone leveled in the OT , DL, KC, Velks, then the POP zones. Maybe I will reroll a SK since I am far more familiar with Kunark, Velious, Luclin, POP content.
  10. Kiaro Augur

Roll a paladin, they don't have the "Torn jeans & leather jacket" cool factor, but are head and shoulders better for group content down the road (starting in Luclin), also, very few people roll paladin, so any paladin loot in raids IS YOURS!
  11. Lifetapp New Member

I won’t disagree that Paladins are slightly more group friendly than SK’s but I always enjoy the greater utility of SK, especially untwinked toons. With invisible, invisible to undead, and FD I could always get to groups in dungeons without help.
  12. Fluid Augur

Rizlona is definitely a mature server. By that I mean a lot of native characters have reached high levels and are looking to outfit their characters for the upcoming<Aug 19th?> expansion. Others, and I would expect many are transfers from Aradune, are just bot groups that expanded their operations to Rizlona as Aradune fever died down. What made Rizlona different has now become the SOS. Virtually all the good solo spots are camped 24/7, actually more like 24/14 by bot groups in perfect harmony like a Rockettes dance line.

Very few real people there have 6 account groups. There has been a proliferation of RMT players with 6 accounts since the transfers. In my experience there, if it is a real person or group, even if they are boxing, they will add you to their group.

There are a lot of welcoming guilds on Rizlona. I would suggest joining one to get past the tough levels. If nothing else, at your level you could leach a lot of levels off of higher level toons. I've also been to OOT just last night. There were no people on the Spectres there which should be a good fit for you. There are Spectres in SRo too, but their spawn rate sucks.
  13. Kahna Augur

Why would you assume the groups out there now are transfers from Aradune, there is literally no motivation for any "bot" to transfer their character from a thriving economy that they can easily manipulate to Rizlona, where the competition for Krono is much, much higher and the demand for items much lower. Aradune fever has not died down so much that transferring to Rizlona makes any sense. No, those are likely your native Rizlonians boxing up another group. Maybe the occasional bored Aradunian messing around with a brand new box group, like me.

Plenty of real people on Rizlona have 6 account groups, and no, they didn't all transfer from Aradune.

For what it's worth, I am a real person on Rizlona with 5 accounts, so I wouldn't even have to drop a box to invite a soloer. I don't. Not because I hate people but because I am still learning to box and I do stupid things and frequently get myself killed. I don't mind getting myself killed while learning but I am not going to inflict that on some unsuspecting soloer.

Soloing on Rizlona is a bad idea. Either join the dark side and pick up a few boxes or go back to Aradune. Might even be fun to level up in Kunark, see some new zones. I'm keeping my Rizlona box group at the low 40's just so I can spend some time in the lower level Kunark zones. (That and I am debating making a few roster changes.)
  14. RizLoaner Elder

I wouldn't say the competition for Krono is much higher, there's definitely more people that have the ability to buy them but is that really much higher than on Karendune? I've never had an issue buying krono as long as I'm willing to pay the market rate. There's a few people who try to manipulate the market and resell like on any server but you can just ignore those people and be just fine. I've never gone longer than 5-10 mins looking for a krono paying the going rate. If you don't spend any time in EC tunnel you'll probably get ripped off and pay 12k+ for your krono when you can find them for 9-10k without issue.
  15. I'm Not A Robot Lorekeeper

If you aren't max into 50 and just sitting there farming gear at a camp someplace, then why should you be expected to drop a box to invite him just because he dosen't want to box on the boxing server? You still have to turn around and spend more time leveling that box then to catch it up to the rest of your other 5 guys. Why do you need to drop a box for him and spend more of your time leveling because he dosen't want to spend more of his time to level again on Aradune where there will be hundreds if not thousands of other casual players to group with?
  16. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Rizlona Derangement Syndrome AKA RDS. It's an affliction much like Stockholm Syndrome in which otherwise normal people begin to sympathizes with their abusers. Signs of RDS include blaming Aradune for all of Rizlona's problems, claiming bots are real people, pretending like their server isn't full of RMT armies and randomly spouting the word "Karendune."

Unfortunately there is no know cure for RDS.
  17. Lifetapp New Member

Not disagreeing with what you said above, but it doesn't follow:

18. RizLoaner Elder

I wasn't aware Rizlona had any issues, unless you're talking about the guild <Rizlona> then you would be right. There's a thriving economy, any gear you need you can find for cheap, plenty of tradeskillers providing all the services you could need for reasonable prices. Lots of pickzones and little to no drama all over Norrath. The only people trying to disparage Rizlona are the folks from Karendune.
  19. Kahna Augur

When you consider that Krono sell for roughly twice what they do on Aradune, and gear for less than half it suggests that competition for krono is much higher. Not because there are more folks who can afford Krono, but because there are far fewer people selling Krono. Aradune has lots of single players shifting Krono into the community in order to get the gear or plat they can't otherwise get on their own. Boxers, the majority of Riz's population, can get all the gear and plat they need on their own, and as a result are only likely to spend a krono if they can't be bothered to go camp something themselves. Boxers are also reluctant to let go of their krono when they are using them to fuel their accounts. As a result the krono buyer to seller ratio is unbalanced compared to Aradune.
  20. RizLoaner Elder

I've bought over 50 krono during classic so far, never had an issue finding one for sale.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.